2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

3 hours ago, Sport said:

It's also very funny that McDaniels was the hot coach every team wanted for like a decade and it turns out he's somehow dumber now than he was when he used a first round pick on Tebow 12 years ago

Which doesn't seem possible, but here we are.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

The first half of that Broncos season where McDaniels just kept falling ass over applecart into wins had me on the verge of a Frank Grimes psychotic break. Then they lost all their games, got Tebow, lost even more, and did Spygate again. And then multiple teams were like "yeah, bring back that guy."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The NFL will never do this, however if they actually care about their product and player safety, these Thursday Night games need to go. This is the first one I've watched all season (aside from Thanksgiving), but the quality of play is so poor (on both sides). Couple that with all of these ridiculous injuries (literally as I'm typing this a Titan DB was carted off only minutes after the Cowboys center was carted off due to injury), and all of these players on both teams sitting tonight because of the short week just means it'll be a poor game. 

Football is a violent, physical game. It's clear that playing multiple games in only a few days is awful for players.

• Like 4

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The NFL will never do this, however if they actually care about their product and player safety, these Thursday Night games need to go. This is the first one I've watched all season (aside from Thanksgiving), but the quality of play is so poor (on both sides). Couple that with all of these ridiculous injuries (literally as I'm typing this a Titan DB was carted off only minutes after the Cowboys center was carted off due to injury), and all of these players on both teams sitting tonight because of the short week just means it'll be a poor game. 

Football is a violent, physical game. It's clear that playing multiple games in only a few days is awful for players.

This is why i'm glad the Bills played two thursdays in a row. Sure, the same effects happened on the thanksgiving game.

The second game though? normal rest

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

21 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

This is why i'm glad the Bills played two thursdays in a row. Sure, the same effects happened on the thanksgiving game.

The second game though? normal rest

Bills have had a really hard schedule, to say nothing of losing a home game to snow. And even then, they went from Thursday to Thursday, instead of getting 10 days immediately after Thanksgiving.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

No Thursday night games without preceding bye weeks. No games fewer than six days apart. It should be that simple. The product is garbage, players are getting hurt, and for what? low frame rates with buffering? It's stupid.

• Like 10

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It really bugs me that the Thursday night schedule is so obvious, yet they refuse to implement it.

Maybe the next CBA.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

The first half of that Broncos season where McDaniels just kept falling ass over applecart into wins had me on the verge of a Frank Grimes psychotic break. Then they lost all their games, got Tebow, lost even more, and did Spygate again. And then multiple teams were like "yeah, bring back that guy."

This is how McDaniels won his first game as a head coach. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSYGmeM8DM

STUPID. The Bengals ended up winning the division that year. The Broncos started 6-0, were 8-4 at one point, and finished 8-8. LOL :censored: you, Brandon Stokely. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I don't know what the NFL future of Josh Dobbs is going to be, but Brock Purdy has got himself at least a decade in the NFL.  

Unless he’s super smart and essentially an assistant qb player/coach Dobbs career is close to being over. He’s a career backup at best.

On 12/30/2022 at 3:46 PM, dont care said:

Unless he’s super smart and essentially an assistant qb player/coach Dobbs career is close to being over. He’s a career backup at best.

He also has a promising career as a rocket scientist. So, he’s got that going for him in the long run.

Chiefs botch another PAT. Between these, the muffed punts and other assorted mistakes, they’ve really emphasized the special in special teams this year.

EDIT: And now Kadarius Toney fumbles a punt. :censored:ing fantastic 

Edited by Red Comet

Great start to the Dolphins - Patriots.

Mostert fumbles the ball exactly like Stevenson sid last week against the Bengals, but refs call "forward progress stopped" this time. 🙃

For all the talk about the "quality of play" being subpar, the reffing has been just as bad, if not worse.   

Eagles are getting dominated, but the refs just took their TD off the board on a call that all of the announcers couldn’t believe and Daryl Johnston was actually mad about because it was so bad.  There was also a roughing the kicker against the Eagles that was overturned because they said the Saints guy was blocked into the kicker… but that’s what happens on 90% of those calls. 

NFL really wants next week’s games to matter. 

• Sad 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If KC loses today and Buffalo loses tomorrow, week 18 will determine the 1 seed among KC, Buffalo and Cincinnati. Halfway through the third, Denver is driving on the Chiefs, though losing 13-10.

I'm just saying, chaos in the AFC is very possible.

EDIT: And just like that, Denver takes the lead.

KC has been kind of dogging it against bad teams lately.

21 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

EDIT: And just like that, Denver takes the lead.

KC has been kind of dogging it against bad teams lately.

Broncos might end their 14-game losing streak to KC when they're 4-11 with a interim head coach...

6uXNWAo.png

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Broncos might end their 14-game losing streak to KC when they're 4-11 with a interim head coach...

You and I both know they won't, but dare to dream!