2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

49 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

The Bills had an extra home game over Cincinnati and were losing to them.

I keep on seeing this, and it's really silly.  If the teams knew they were playing one possession each, the Bills wouldn't have kicked a FG. The game was called halfway through the first quarter; you can't make any reasonable extrapolations of what would or wouldn't have happened through a full game.

In fact, given major comebacks by teams like the Vikings (against the Bills and Colts), the Bills (against the Ravens), and others I know I'm missing, I don't think you can really ever call an NFL game until at least the fourth quarter.

EDIT: And also, the Bills lost a home game to snow, so they may actually have had as many home games as the Bengals (though, yes, one fewer game in front of a road crowd).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

41 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I keep on seeing this, and it's really silly.  If the teams knew they were playing one possession each, the Bills wouldn't have kicked a FG. The game was called halfway through the first quarter; you can't make any reasonable extrapolations of what would or wouldn't have happened through a full game.

In fact, given major comebacks by teams like the Vikings (against the Bills and Colts), the Bills (against the Ravens), and others I know I'm missing, I don't think you can really ever call an NFL game until at least the fourth quarter.

EDIT: And also, the Bills lost a home game to snow, so they may actually have had as many home games as the Bengals (though, yes, one fewer game in front of a road crowd).

23 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Right, because teams rarely overcome being down 7-3 in the first quarter.

If the Bills won, the game would've been in Buffalo. If the Bengals won, the game would've been in Cincinnati. The Bengals clearly had at least a 50% chance to win, so a neutral site is more than fair.

It would've made some sense to give the Bills the home game if they had just gone straight off win % across the board. But they already threw in neutral sites and coin flips (which could've only worked against the Bengals), so why not this one too?

Also, 7-3 is a bigger lead than you think. My Panthers haven't come back to win from a 4 point deficit since 2019.

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

The score at the time of the Hamlin injury is irrelevant. Their logic to answer the question, "why didn't the Bengals get a neutral site game with the Bills?' is that the Bengals and Bills played the same number of games and the Bills had one more win, which I sort of get from like a record-keeping point of view  - you have to treat the cancelled game as if it wasn't on the schedule, I guess. But this ignores the reality about why that game wasn't settled on the field and since they weren't doing things by the book anyway it wouldn't have been any harder to give the Bengals that same restitution that the Bills got in regards to the Chiefs. The Bills lost their shot to tie the Chiefs in the standings and the Bengals lost their shot to tie the Bills, but these two scenarios are being treated differently. It's bullcrap. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, Sport said:

The Bills lost their shot to tie the Chiefs in the standings and the Bengals lost their shot to tie the Bills, but these two scenarios are being treated differently. It's bullcrap. 

I personally wouldn't be offended if a Bills/Bengals playoff rematch was held at a neutral site.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I personally wouldn't be offended if a Bills/Bengals playoff rematch was held at a neutral site.

I've seen this sentiment from a lot of Bills fans too and it's good to read. 

My best guess about why they didn't make a Bills-Bengals neutral site contingency is that the league doesn't actually want to do the neutral site thing with the Bills and Chiefs and doing it in the divisional round is even more likely to happen between those two teams than it is in the AFC championship game. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, throwuascenario said:

Also, 7-3 is a bigger lead than you think. My Panthers haven't come back to win from a 4 point deficit since 2019.

The Panthers have been one of the worst teams in the NFL since 2019 while the Bills have made the playoffs every year since then, so there's that to consider. Two different teams you're talking about

• Like 2

spacer.png

2 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Your Panthers have been terrible since 2019. My guess is Josh Allen and the Bills offense are much more capable of overcoming a four point deficit than a Panthers offense being led by Sam Darnold or the Mayfield Experience is.

BB52Big.jpg

On 1/8/2023 at 7:33 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

This team played like absolute [censored]. I don't care if it was a meaningless game, they still played terrible! They're going to get their butts kicked by Brady because they can't beat him. And it's not going to start now.

The Bucs haven't exactly lit the NFL ablaze since Germany (5 good quarters in 7 games)

As bad as Dallas looked against Washington, the Bucs were worse against Mr. Irrelevant