2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

42 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

It's analytics run amok. You know, except for one thing: I remember a hell of a lot more Hail Marys succeeding than Cal-Stanford/Miami Miracle/Music City Miracle type plays succeeding. In fact, those are the only three times I know of that something like that works and the team involved won. 

River City Relay and Miami Miracle are the only successful multi-lateral plays ever. One of them didn't even win the game!

10 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Who had Stidham vs. Purdy being the QB battle of the day?

Raiders lost, but was a good showing vs the white hot 49ers. McDaniels might've saved his job with the Stidham switch.

6uXNWAo.png

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Major Tuddy

What an embarrassment

I genuinely think that if the Commanders wanted a mascot, a pig makes the most sense. It's fun, silly, and ties to the non-racist history of the team.

That being said

AT TWO NINETEEN DURING YOUR GAME WEEK 17 OF THE SEASON? THE ONE YOU GOT ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS FOR? IN UNIFORMS YOU DON'T EVEN WEAR??? In what world does this make more sense than waiting until the draft, or even right before training camp??? Why are the Commanders committed to releasing things haphazardly mid season!

I'm absolutely baffled here. All mascots these days are hated immediately, even if they win over public opinion. Gritty and Blooper were hated immediately. Chance and Buoy are forgettable. But my god at least they were given a shot.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, raysox said:

I genuinely think that if the Commanders wanted a mascot, a pig makes the most sense. It's fun, silly, and ties to the non-racist history of the team.

That being said

AT TWO NINETEEN DURING YOUR GAME WEEK 17 OF THE SEASON? THE ONE YOU GOT ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS FOR? IN UNIFORMS YOU DON'T EVEN WEAR??? In what world does this make more sense than waiting until the draft, or even right before training camp??? Why are the Commanders committed to releasing things haphazardly mid season!

I'm absolutely baffled here. All mascots these days are hated immediately, even if they win over public opinion. Gritty and Blooper were hated immediately. Chance and Buoy are forgettable. But my god at least they were given a shot.

I truthfully thought the team dog the players named “Mando” they announced before the season was their mascot. Made sense to me 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So is there some sort of league mandate where "you must call the lateral for the final play of the game if you are down by a TD or less.  If you throw a hail mary, we will fine you!" from the NFL?  Or is it because Darnold doesn't have the arm to throw an 80 yard hail mary?

RIP Hail Mary play in the NFL....I think.

I don’t think any qb can throw it 80 yards in the air

28 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t think any qb can throw it 80 yards in the air

I can't see TB12 wanting to be in that situation.  He seems like the type who would prefer to air it out.  Same goes for Mahomes and Allen.

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

They need the Pats and Dolphins to lose and they need to win and they are in.  

And no matter what, the Bills will be playing to win next week against the Pats.

Still need to clinch that bye week and top seed in the conference. Jets Dolphins will be the hard one for the Steelers to go their way.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske