MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

3 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

Not if the Phillies stay strong and don't get a sponsor.

There was an article recently about how they're looking for an advertiser.  I may have posted it - can't remember - but here it is again.

The organization has been in talks with several different local, national, and international brands, said Jackie Cuddeback, the Phillies’ senior vice president for partnership sales and corporate marketing. Some of the potential sponsors are new names; others are existing marketing partners. The patch talks were first reported Wednesday by the Philadelphia Business Journal.

https://www.inquirer.com/business/philadelphia-phillies-jerseys-sponsorship-patch-20230120.html

• Facepalm 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

There was an article recently about how they're looking for an advertiser.  I may have posted it - can't remember - but here it is again.

The organization has been in talks with several different local, national, and international brands, said Jackie Cuddeback, the Phillies’ senior vice president for partnership sales and corporate marketing. Some of the potential sponsors are new names; others are existing marketing partners. The patch talks were first reported Wednesday by the Philadelphia Business Journal.

https://www.inquirer.com/business/philadelphia-phillies-jerseys-sponsorship-patch-20230120.html

Who want's to bet it'll be comcast?

Anubis.png

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Marlins posted this a couple of days ago on Twitter, and  many noticed the same thing in the replies... the Marlins have a pinstriped jersey on the truck to Jupiter...although the front is hidden, I don't think it's a Hammerheads jersey:

In the Marlins' press release for their Fanfest event on February 11, they mention a "surprise announcement from Jeff Conine." 2023 will also be the club's 30th anniversary, so I expect them to do something.

It'd be shocked if they bring back the teal pinstripes in any kind of semi-regular rotation, but I could see them holding some kind of 30th anniversary weekend where they wear the throwbacks.

2023 will be year five of the Derek Jeter rebrand and it still has not grown on me one bit. It's cold, sterile, and filled with inelegant design touches.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

In the Marlins' press release for their Fanfest event on February 11, they mention a "surprise announcement from Jeff Conine." 2023 will also be the club's 30th anniversary, so I expect them to do something.

It'd be shocked if they bring back the teal pinstripes in any kind of semi-regular rotation, but I could see them holding some kind of 30th anniversary weekend where they wear the throwbacks.

2023 will be year five of the Derek Jeter rebrand and it still has not grown on me one bit. It's cold, sterile, and filled with inelegant design touches.

Also the 20th anniversary of the 2003 WS; hopefully they bring out the 93 set instead of the black/white/silver/speck-of-teal 2003 home jersey. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Also the 20th anniversary of the 2003 WS; hopefully they bring out the 93 set instead of the black/white/silver/speck-of-teal 2003 home jersey. 

In the photo at least, they sure seem to be teal pinstripes. I am trying to contain my excitement because I have a hunch that this won't amount to anything aside from an anniversary weekend at most.

It's unfortunate that Marlins fans have been deprived of teal for over a decade now.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, NashConcepts said:

Don't think anyone's posted this but the MLB 2023 Clubhouse collection is out, and there's a lot of surprising design choices here:

Men's Baltimore Orioles  New Era Black 2023 Clubhouse Low Profile 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Los Angeles Angels  New Era Navy 2023 Clubhouse 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Cincinnati Reds  New Era Gray 2023 Clubhouse 39THIRTY Flex Hat

https://www.mlbshop.com/clubhouse-headwear-collection/c-8900567356+z-86478-1165675408?ab={wt-static_graphic1}{pt-Home}{al-Sleeper2_Spot}{ct-NE_Clubhouse_Collection_23}

Yes I thought this too. 1) I wish these were the spring training/BP hats since they’re better than the spring training trucker hats that are god awful. 2) I don’t mind throwback logos, and luckily they’re just for retail, but if they were to be worn by the players it would mismatch a lot, not that I care a ton about that 

30 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Why would the Marlins wear powder blue? Makes no sense.

The Marlins should absolutely have a home alternate in that gorgeous shade of blue they use (think these but with front numbers added) but yeah, they are not a powder blue team. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Marlins93 said:

Meh, it's basically a Miami Heat City Edition copycat.  I understand why people like that look, but it's not for me. A bit too much of a cliche.

That's the thing, though. The Heat wear these colors only occasionally, but to this point have withheld from committing to them full time. If done properly, it's a color scheme the Fish could totally own. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

That's the thing, though. The Heat wear these colors only occasionally, but to this point have withheld from committing to them full time. If done properly, it's a color scheme the Fish could totally own. 

Even so, the Vice look is kind of derivative. I think it works much better in small doses, like how the Heat do it, for this very reason. I wouldn't want my team's full-time identity to be a cliche set by an 80s TV show.

The Marlins had a solid identity that worked once before. I'd speculate that a majority of fans want it back in some shape or form. 

• Like 4