MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 2/11/2023 at 9:59 PM, Marlins93 said:

I'm on cloud nine over the Flashback Fridays for the Marlins. Long overdue!

The current Derek Jeter identity still hasn't caught on for me. I think as little of it it as the day as it was unveiled. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the fanbase yearns for a return to teal permanently. The shade of blue is interesting but not that interesting.

I love the teal and F logo. The problem with the marlins is, they have a sick obsession with black. It morphed into a silver-black from the original set. Then they redesigned and instead of owning orange and all the bright rainbow colors, it morphed into black. This recent redesign took black to such a new level, they give you a hat logo and overused alt that are nearly illegible. With Miami and sunshine and flashy colors, they literally could have embraced teal OR orange OR this new blue and chose to emphasize black each time

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Facepalm 1
KISSwall09.jpg

1 hour ago, hormone said:

I love the teal and F logo. The problem with the marlins is, they have a sick obsession with black. It morphed into a silver-black from the original set. Then they redesigned and instead of owning orange and all the bright rainbow colors, it morphed into black. This recent redesign took black to such a new level, they give you a hat logo and overused alt that are nearly illegible. With Miami and sunshine and flashy colors, they literally could have embraced teal OR orange OR this new blue and chose to emphasize black each time

I agree. I've often wondered since their first WS win (as accidental as that was) if they felt their teal at that time, or either of their other two colors now, are unique enough for their tastes yet too "out there" for them to commit to either or both as a primary. That said, given where we are now where brighter colors are seeming more and more embraced, I hope when they circle the wagon back to the teal, silver and black that they go full-on with it like from '93 to about '96 or so.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 2/15/2023 at 8:34 PM, hormone said:

perfectly said. i would love them to focus on any of those. heck i've always wondered if they've ever considered some combo of a green/orange to pull from the university of miami fan base/appeal. might cause brand confusion now, but i thought it would have been sharp.

on a separate note, do we have any indication (besides the couple of sock leaks) who is in line for a 2023 city connect?

sig2024.png

On 2/15/2023 at 7:34 PM, hormone said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I LOVE the current teal/bright pink the Marlins use now. It's just ruined by the over-emphasis on black. I know most of us appreciate the original teal, as do I, but I'd be just as happy if they kept the current branding but placed more of a focus on the bright colors. 

• Like 4
  • Huh? 1

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I LOVE the current teal/bright pink the Marlins use now. It's just ruined by the over-emphasis on black. I know most of us appreciate the original teal, as do I, but I'd be just as happy if they kept the current branding but placed more of a focus on the bright colors. 

It's actually blue and red.😬

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Meh 1

4 hours ago, Brian E said:

perfectly said. i would love them to focus on any of those. heck i've always wondered if they've ever considered some combo of a green/orange to pull from the university of miami fan base/appeal. might cause brand confusion now, but i thought it would have been sharp.

on a separate note, do we have any indication (besides the couple of sock leaks) who is in line for a 2023 city connect?

IIRC, the Twins announced that a CC was coming this year when unveiling their new uniforms.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

IIRC, the Twins announced that a CC was coming this year when unveiling their new uniforms.

Quote from the original release about new unis and scoreboards on 9/27:

"The team will also introduce a special City Connect uniform, a distinctive and nontraditional look that will emphasize some aspect of Minnesota culture, sometime next summer, but the team won't wear them until 2024."

The wording is a bit confusing, as it implies a release in 2023, but an on-field debut in 2024. I just assume that it's an error and they will be released/worn during the 2024 season.

• Like 2

FpOpSZMaEAEhIDt?format=jpg&name=medium

Well... at least it's the smallest ad patch we've seen so far.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've seen the ad patch/sleeve patch swap going on with another team as well. I think it was the Angels.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It was announced that's how they're all going to be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/16/2023 at 2:40 AM, tBBP said:

I agree. I've often wondered since their first WS win (as accidental as that was) if they felt their teal at that time, or either of their other two colors now, are unique enough for their tastes yet too "out there" for them to commit to either or both as a primary. That said, given where we are now where brighter colors are seeming more and more embraced, I hope when they circle the wagon back to the teal, silver and black that they go full-on with it like from '93 to about '96 or so.

Looking back, the Marlins got their colours spot on at the first time of asking. Every other new team was using teal at the time, but with the Marlins, it felt right, the teal, black and silver reflected the name of the titular fish.

I would be all for a Padres/Blue Jays style update for Miami.

18 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Looking back, the Marlins got their colours spot on at the first time of asking. Every other new team was using teal at the time, but with the Marlins, it felt right, the teal, black and silver reflected the name of the titular fish.

I would be all for a Padres/Blue Jays style update for Miami.

I'd love to see the Marlins' original look return but with orange replacing black. Teal and black always felt too "cold" looking for a team playing in a warm climate team like Florida. Teal and orange would create some nice visual synergy with the Dolphins and make for a nice combination of their 1993-2011 and 2012-2018 eras. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I'd love to see the Marlins' original look return but with orange replacing black. Teal and black always felt too "cold" looking for a team playing in a warm climate team like Florida. Teal and orange would create some nice visual synergy with the Dolphins and make for a nice combination of their 1993-2011 and 2012-2018 eras. 

I would keep the black, it pairs with the teal nicely and the sleeveless jerseys looked great paired with a black undershirt.

th?id=OIP.-NSgWnbM0f2JRn8kzDpwqQHaHa%26p

I wouldn't mind adding orange or pink as an accent colour for logos, but teal and black should be the main colours.

• Like 3