MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 minute ago, adsarebad said:

so where will World Series sleeve patches go now?

Is it the end of them, that would be terrible.

only on the caps perhaps, like the D-backs new anni. patch.

which makes me think, will ads on caps be next??

They'll probably end up looking like the Rockies did with their vests in 2007.

Colorado Rockies: What if... 2007 World Series Game Three - Purple Row

• Like 1
  • Hurl 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 3

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

They'll probably end up looking like the Rockies did with their vests in 2007.

Colorado Rockies: What if... 2007 World Series Game Three - Purple Row

Honestly, make the patch a bit smaller and I wouldn’t mind that placement. It’s generally where championship patches go in most other sports. I think it only looked weird on the Rockies because they were the only team to do it in baseball, but if the whole league adopted it and made it the norm (albeit at a smaller patch size), I don’t think I’d terribly mind it. 

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Given how slim and easy to heat seal or glue on, I'm a little surprised we don't see more sleeveless designs with patches.

Probably incredibly fast with today's tech to just run a bunch of base layers or different lengths for players.

I don't know how many they go through in a given season but they don't do a new one every game right?

38 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Agreed. Monochrome navy is a great look for the Cubs; never mind the fact that they wear their royal blue alternates with pinstriped pants as it is. 

How is a non-team color a good look for them. Much less a monochrome uniform of it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Horrible idea.

Curious about this opinion (I’d say about half of the responses to my tweet at last check were similar). Is it just a distaste for a solid top over pinstripes? Lots of teams have used that look, and I’ve always kind of liked it (I miss the Cubs using their blue alts at home, though I do prefer the full pin stripe set).  Mostly I think the blue pants with the City Connect uniforms look bad, and anything else would be preferable. 

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Given how slim and easy to heat seal or glue on, I'm a little surprised we don't see more sleeveless designs with patches.

Probably incredibly fast with today's tech to just run a bunch of base layers or different lengths for players.

I don't know how many they go through in a given season but they don't do a new one every game right?

Devil Rays did this in '05 but switched to plain baselayers after that.  

spacer.png

23 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Would be nice if instead of the tan crap they could wear the purple throwbacks. I'm kinda ok with limiting jerseys to 5th but the 5th being forced to be some stupid nike nonsense sickens me.

I love the teal, but if they weren't going to add it to the other uniforms they probably should have just kept the other home jersey to at least be cohesive.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, VikWings said:

In other news it seems these new Nike rules have eliminated some Spring Training St Paddy's jerseys.

I don't recall there being any St. Paddy's jerseys in the last 5 years, just the hats are still a thing I thought. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Agreed. Monochrome navy is a great look for the Cubs; never mind the fact that they wear their royal blue alternates with pinstriped pants as it is. 

In spring training, yes. But since the Ricketts took over they’ve worn the blue at home maybe five times. 

• Applause 1

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Cubs haven't worn the royal blue alternates with pinstripe pants for years. It's strictly a road alternate

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

23 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

It wouldn't make any sense since teams play in either the day or under the lights

They could temporarily black out the field (or do so during team introductions) and the players would glow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ark said:

They could temporarily black out the field (or do so during team introductions) and the players would glow

Don’t give the business sides any ideas. The godawful light shows after home runs at parks with the new LEDs are a nuisance.

• Like 1