MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

3 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

So only the home uniform features turquoise? Feels like the Twins previous uniforms mess with gold at home...

This is worse, because the Twins fully committed to gold at home (aside from throwbacks) while the D-Backs literally only have one uniform with it, while the alternates they will wear at home have zero turquoise whatsoever

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

43 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Weird thing is Fanatics listed the black/teal/red A hat as new for 2023 and it’s not included in that graphic

• Huh? 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A lot of fans in the replies to that tweet are asking for purple. Hopefully the team listens and returns to purple, teal/turquoise, and copper within the next few seasons. 

I don't mind them going with the turquoise accented white uniform as the main home look since it's better than the boring black, red and sand look. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Weird thing is Fanatics listed the black/teal/red A hat as new for 2023 and it’s not included in that graphic

Diamondbacks posted a photoshoot today where the players were wearing the turquoise accented A hat, so it's definitely back and being worn this season

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Was looking through the Spring Training workout photos and noticed some players are wearing non-mesh Spring Training caps (so far Angels, Phillies, and Mets). The caps have a black UV instead of gray, and the fabric looks similar to the kind used for the 2021 and 2022 Clubhouse caps.

You can see the mesh cap worn by the guy on the right, with Shohei and Sandoval wearing the non-mesh style. 

mlb-spring-training.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi

And a here's Trout wearing one.

mlb-spring-training.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I was playing MLB The Show 23's demo the other day and I noticed that all the in-game logos for the teams are their cap logos but one stuck out to me and it was the Diamondbacks. The game has the teal logo for the Diamondbacks. Very weird.

arizona_diamondbacks_logo_alternate_2016

This is what they're using on Twitter and Facebook also. Having a turquoise accented main logo while 4/5 of their uniforms are featuring sand instead is absolutely dumb.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

This is what they're using on Twitter and Facebook also. Having a turquoise accented main logo while 4/5 of their uniforms are featuring sand instead is absolutely dumb.

I don't think it's the true primary though, their website is still just the regular colors. It seems to be one of those stupid pseudo primary logos that have been happening over the past several years throughout various sports Los Angeles Rams in 2018 and some others.

No teal in sight for Spring Training too.

FpgsrO4akAINVga?format=jpg&name=large

FphHHVRakAAzztj?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

15 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Looks like they came to their senses a bit and got rid of the giant black rectangle surrounding the ad patch. It still looks awful, but at least it's slightly less invasive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Looks like they came to their senses a bit and got rid of the giant black rectangle surrounding the ad patch. It still looks awful, but at least it's slightly less invasive.

That's what I'm hoping, though the spring training picture above has the square. 

When they said that the Diamondbacks were bringing back one of their old colors, I was really looking forward to Red/Purple/Sand.  Purple is the color of the flag of Phoenix and seemed like an obvious mix in that isn't actually utilized well within the league.

Teal is a cool addition, but we've already covered the ground that they didn't even go with their old shade and instead went with a soapy Ivory Coast that isn't mixed with half the set and is just an odd jamming in half the time. 

I think both the original look and the second identity of the team look great, but they've just gotten weird with trying to include some things sometimes and not in others.  I've no idea why. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png