MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

10 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Honestly, the way the power dynamic seemed to be even before 2017, I thought the sad truth was that it was that way in Chicago.

Common myth.

The city proper has a slight majority Sox fan base. It's the surrounding suburbs and out of state crowd where the Cubs dominate.

(Side Note: Not many Cubs fans North of the border aside from Chicago/suburban students at Marquette and UW Madison and downstate Illinois becomes Cardinal country reaaaaaal quick.)

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

There are plenty of Cubs fans in Wisconsin; WGN-AM used to show up in Milwaukee's ratings on the strength of Cubs listenership.

Maybe that's just my limited sample size. When I lived up there in the mid 2000's, it was the Chicago transplants driving what little Cub interest I saw with Milwaukee lifers frustrated with the folks coming up 94 buying up the tickets to Miller Park for Cubs/Brewers games.

Or maybe I'm underestimating just how many transplants there are up North.

14 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Gimme these: 

spacer.png

(Tobacco notwithstanding)

The '59s might be my favorite Sox uniform of all time, but I wouldn't want them becoming a regular alternate, given their similarity to the team's everyday home uniforms. The 1917 set looks completely different yet still distinctly "White Sox." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Twins' new whites look great in the sun.

mlb-spring-training.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=6W9190EM54bQPWu5amOjqdBtTlVCH3ykJnGvXZH03sI=

RpggOaa.jpg

38 minutes ago, McCall said:

Appears to be navy.

Gallery: Twins' first spring-training game vs. Rays

Yeah these unis look really nice, they will grow on me fast

And as I posted TBGKon posted the road navies, yeah Twins have a really good look

Edited by TrueYankee26
  • Like 4

I still wish they'd have added the ghost pinstripes to the home whites...that's gonna continue to bug me. But that to the side, yeah, this look will grow on folk rather quickly, I think.

(And I say this as not-the-biggest fan of that home script...but this is one of those situations where the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts.)

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Still need a matching white-paneled cap for home.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/25/2023 at 4:54 PM, coco1997 said:

6Omqh72.png

The Rangers City Connect is likely a Dallas Ft Worth Spurs AAA (1965-72) homage because of the spur visible in the Texas logo, which bears a resemblance.

The silver Lariat rope trim at the top of the sock was also used as font in programs. 

Im not sure why they are using black.

spacer.png

• Like 5
NYCdog.png

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The '59s might be my favorite Sox uniform of all time, but I wouldn't want them becoming a regular alternate, given their similarity to the team's everyday home uniforms. The 1917 set looks completely different yet still distinctly "White Sox." 

Yep, I agree. That’s why it will probably never be used as an alternate. Too close to the current brand. 

That said, I wouldn’t be upset if they modernized these and brought them back as either a Sunday fauxback or a new primary set. 

spacer.png
spacer.png

I’m still a little torn on which I like better. I’m more of a fan of the Navy wordmark. Could do without the gold, but it’s barely noticeable. 

The red feels a bit classic as they have had a red wordmark from the 70’s to 2014.

either way, I think both look good. Twins did a nice job.

• Like 2

Interesting note: the Mariners implied they had to get rid of their powder blue spring training jersey because of Nike's new "4+1" rule, as they were not in compliance with the rule with the grey jersey and the powder blue. But the White Sox are still repping their "retro logo-current colors" spring training jersey, which brings them to 5+1. God none of this makes any sense

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad