MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

24 minutes ago, McCall said:

How were the previous ones unique? They had the same piping that lots of uniforms have had in the past and especially since the beginning of the 2000's with the resurgence of the classic looks. The gold was completely forced. The navy alt with classic script and gold outline looked like a cheap fashion jersey you buy from Walmart. And the gold drop shadow was in no way unique. Many teams have had drop shadows. The Giants literally have gold drop shadows on their uniforms. And the "blob" is also literally the shape of the state of Minnesota. I guess you just need to brush up on your geography.

It's too cute by half but I think the issue they were running into is that the new set is streamlined and the Minny and Paul logo is inherently not.

• Like 4

Do people really not think that sleeve patch objectively sucks?  I thought when this set was released everyone agreed on that.  Just a solid dark shape of the state with a small dot in it?  When the Minnie and Paul logo was already Minnesota-shaped, making the difference look even more lacking?  I'm just surprised by the push back at the suggestion that it's bleh when I thought that was the common consensus.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Was not expecting a cream-colored jersey with black pants.

What is with the old English font? Are they trying to be the Tigers?

Cant wait for the Nike speak to explain this mess. 

NYCdog.png

7 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I can see where they're going.  Although it feels more San Antonio than Metroplex.

But I think we can officially say (after the find of the Mariners cap in the colors of those Orioles socks seemed to strongly suggest it) that the sock leak was nothing to do with City Connect.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

But I think we can officially say (after the find of the Mariners cap in the colors of those Orioles socks seemed to strongly suggest it) that the sock leak was nothing to do with City Connect.

Why do you say that? The socks are black and red, the same colors as this set, and the Braves socks that leaked at the same time as all the other teams were consistent with the Braves design.  

• Like 2

I can't get over the fact they put the logo and number on opposite breasts. That looks terrible. 

I also guarantee they add cream pants to this set by next season, much like the Dodgers and Rockies getting rid of the dark pants. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 minute ago, coco1997 said:

Why do you say that? The socks are black and red, the same colors as this set, and the Braves socks that leaked at the same time as all the other teams were consistent with the Braves design.  

I still think the socks have merit, seeing as the Braves leak was accurate, and those same socks leaked the Padres and Rockies jerseys last season.

The Orioles "leak" was incorrect as I jumped the gun while looking for potential City Connect leaks, but I don't think it really invalidates the other teams' leaks.

16 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I can see where they're going.  Although it feels more San Antonio than Metroplex.

The sock leak was absolutely legit. You can see the same state outline of Texas logo with the spur on the player’s pants embroidered near his hip below the belt.

59 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Do people really not think that sleeve patch objectively sucks?  I thought when this set was released everyone agreed on that.  Just a solid dark shape of the state with a small dot in it?  When the Minnie and Paul logo was already Minnesota-shaped, making the difference look even more lacking?  I'm just surprised by the push back at the suggestion that it's bleh when I thought that was the common consensus.

As @SCL said, Minnie and Paul are too detailed/complex for this rendition of the Twins' uniforms. They still have them above center field, so it's not like they're completely gone.

The "small dot" is representing the North Star, as in North Star State, as well as the location of the team within the state.

• Like 5

The sleeve logo is cool. I don't know what it is, but it's nice. In general not a huge fan of these, but I also don't know the context of any of it.

And, um, I kinda dig the black pants, although not necessarily for a Major League team. Definite softball look. I should also note that the old Indians navy jersey/red pants uniform is one of my favorite things ever.

14 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Don't mind me.  I didn't look back, and remembered it using the TX Texas logo that they've cleared out of their identity this year.  Sounds like I was mistaken.  It's early and it's been a while.  😂

spacer.png

spacer.png

My initial thought was “why are they using a Chinese character for a logo?”

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

My initial thought was “why are they using a Chinese character for a logo?”

My first thought was oh the Texas Rangers were bought by the owners of TikTok, but thought looks like they’re going Samurai 

Way too much going on with all the logo stuff. A gothic TX, fine... but the "peagle" (ick)? The Spursy looking alt? The 4/21 thing, whatever that means? Like they're trying to inject extra brand confusion into the brand confusion.

• Like 1