MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

7 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

This may very well be a case of the fans of the team liking something more than outsiders. The O's hat is fantastic, and most Orioles fans I know agree with that sentiment. I like the City Connect hat because it's new and a unique twist on something they only wore for one season, but I don't like it more than the O's hat or want to see that replace the O's hat, only add to it.

I'm an O's fan myself. Never liked the O's logo. It's redundant on the oriole logo and there's not a cap (well, until the City Connect cap) that actually represents Baltimore. I'd rather leave the nickname abbreviation cap to the A's and have a cap for the city.

the user formerly known as cdclt

33 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

This may very well be a case of the fans of the team liking something more than outsiders. The O's hat is fantastic, and most Orioles fans I know agree with that sentiment. 

I think you and I have been polling different Orioles fans.  I know I'm not the only one in my circle that can't stand it.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

When you put them all together, it feels a little lazy and frustrating that 4 of the 5 this year have the same color pants:

Especially when you compare it to last 2 years:

And Seattle's didn't need black pants at all (I mean none of them do, but Seattle's really stand out in a bad way.)

• Like 8

Count me in as an fan of the cartoon bird white panel cap (that's got to be my fave baseball cap thus far) and as one who would also prefer to see a cursive B cap in place of the O's cap. 

Not for nothing, but the day I attended a game at the Yards I saw those white panel bird caps flying of the shelves (one of which landed right in my left hand, in my bag, out the door and directly onto my noggin)...meanwhile I don't think I saw a single O's cap move. 

• Like 9

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Count me in as an fan of the cartoon bird white panel cap (that's got to be my fave baseball cap thus far) and as one who would also prefer to see a cursive B cap in place of the O's cap. 

Not for nothing, but the day I attended a game at the Yards I saw those white panel bird caps flying of the shelves (one of which landed right in my left hand, in my bag, out the door and directly onto my noggin)...meanwhile I don't think I saw a single O's cap move. 

Disagree. The white panel cap is just too 70s for me. I'd use the current road cap at home, an all black cap with the cartoon bird on the road and a cap with either an orange front panel or an all orange cap with black bill with the orange jerseys. You wanna put the swinging bird logo on one of those caps (probably the orange alternate)? I won't fight ya. 

Edited by M59
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

This may very well be a case of the fans of the team liking something more than outsiders. The O's hat is fantastic, and most Orioles fans I know agree with that sentiment. I like the City Connect hat because it's new and a unique twist on something they only wore for one season, but I don't like it more than the O's hat or want to see that replace the O's hat, only add to it.

I have hated that cap since the day it was introduced. Don't like the CC cap because the "B" should be orange (really orange with black and white trim!). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I live in Chicago, I am not from Baltimore and have only visited twice, never been to a game at Camden Yards and I am not an O’s fan, but my 39Thirty home cap is one of my go-to hats to wear. Better yet, I’ve seen other people in Chicago wearing it and it always starts a conversation. Just a beautiful and whimsical design in a world that sometimes is too serious. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

When? I don’t remember the O’s wearing a cursive B hat at any point in their current set, or even anytime before that, actually. 

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I completely agree about the white-panel cap, I think it’s one of the best in baseball. The O’s main uniforms in general are among the most underrated in my opinion.

And, to give my thoughts about the City uniform… yeah, nothing about the reveal made this set redeem itself from the leak.

There’s a reason why nobody has bothered designing on the inside of a uniform before. It’s because nobody can see it. Moreover, the pattern itself has no real connection to the city of Baltimore beyond the superfluous Nike-speak. Of course, the Reds didn’t either, but their jersey at least had the benefit of looking halfway decent despite it. Beyond that, I don’t really have much to say. The cursive B hat is alright, I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I live in Chicago, I am not from Baltimore and have only visited twice, never been to a game at Camden Yards and I am not an O’s fan, but my 39Thirty home cap is one of my go-to hats to wear. Better yet, I’ve seen other people in Chicago wearing it and it always starts a conversation. Just a beautiful and whimsical design in a world that sometimes is too serious. 

Completely agree—and the same is true up here in South Dakota, as well. 

Oh and should you ever get to Baltimore again and the opportunity to go to an O's game comes up, let me leave you one small little itty bitty teeny weeny piece of counsel:

DO IT.

You will absolutely, proof-positively love it. For as confined and utilitarian as that park is, it is still one of the very best in baseball. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

26 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Bingo. That cap has enough whimsy and kitsch to capture the vibe of baseball as many folks know it. It just feels right. Like eating a hot dog at the ballpark.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

32 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Bingo. That cap has enough whimsy and kitsch to capture the vibe of baseball as many folks know it. It just feels right. Like eating a hot dog at the ballpark.

With crab meat all over it. 😁

• Love 1

10 hours ago, tBBP said:

With crab meat all over it. 😁

It's 8:41 a.m. and you're making me hungry.

• LOL 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yeah, I can't understand not liking the O's cartoon bird. If anything, MLB needs *more* whimsical logos like that.

It's fun to imagine the kind of logos teams like the Marlins, D-Backs and Rays would have if they came about in the '60s instead of the '90s. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Yeah, I can't understand not liking the O's cartoon bird. If anything, MLB needs *more* whimsical logos like that.

It's fun to imagine the kind of logos teams like the Marlins, D-Backs and Rays would have if they came about in the '60s instead of the '90s. 

I like some whimsical logo's, but don't need most of the league having them.

The Reds, Orioles (Tho the Ripken era bird I did really like as well) I do like and it suits them.

But then there's teams like the Blue Jays who best logo is when its just the regular bird head.

And to me this is easily the worst logo they had.

dwqszilruwxjmi1mzegft4u5c.png

Toronto Blue Jays Logo Primary Logo (2003) - A Blue Jay holding a bat and tossing a ball behind red and blue T SportsLogos.Net

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, BC985 said:

The Father’s Day caps are out. I wouldn’t be mad to see the Rays switch to this:

spacer.png

That's not bad at all. Short of a full blown redesign (which they desperately need, IMO), just amplifying the yellow like that would go a long way towards distancing the Rays aesthetically from the Yankees and Blue Jays. 

Side note, the Pirates one looks like retro Penguins colors:

mens-new-era-black-pittsburgh-pirates-20

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BadSeed84 said:

I like some whimsical logo's, but don't need most of the league having them.

The Reds, Orioles (Tho the Ripken era bird I did really like as well) I do like and it suits them.

But then there's teams like the Blue Jays who best logo is when its just the regular bird head.

And to me this is easily the worst logo they had.

dwqszilruwxjmi1mzegft4u5c.png

Toronto Blue Jays Logo Primary Logo (2003) - A Blue Jay holding a bat and tossing a ball behind red and blue T SportsLogos.Net

I wouldn't consider this a "whimsical" logo. If anything the regular bird head is the whimsical logo, especially when you compare it to the Black Jays they switched from.

IbjBaeE.png

Looking at the whole lineup of caps, some of these could work within the current team identities.

2023-mlb-baseball-fathers-day-caps-all-teams-sportslogosnet-new-era.jpg

- Twins could wear this with a powder blue uniform (which I assume their CC will be)

- Cardinals could wear that with their powder blue alternates

- Rays were already mentioned

- Rangers one looks better than the crappy cap they currently wear with the powder blues

- If the Jays wanted to make the secondary color of the powder alternates royal blue, this hat could work

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png