MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

5 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I still can’t get over how boring these Twins road uniforms are. Looks like something you’d buy at Walmart.

The pinstriped greys or the navy tops?

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

21 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

Crazy they went with the worst of the three

I think the first one on the left is actually the worst. I don't think the horizontal sunrise stripes work on a traditional button down jersey. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I think the first one on the left is actually the worst. I don't think the horizontal sunrise stripes work on a traditional button down jersey. 

Yeah I agree but I’d still take that over what they went with. I would rank them 3-1-2. The side panels look too BP-like to me. 

This isn't as bad as it could have been because it was leaked that this was in the works.  So it's not a horrific surprise.  I'd thought that they were obtrusive because I watched games without noticing at all, but for some reason they're saving the patches.

Glad the color matches.  Was really hoping for AT&T so it would be just navy and we could make plenty of Death Star jokes.  Rote, but still fun.

EtbzZuO.png

Now the fandom is just making injury jokes.

On 7/16/2023 at 5:15 PM, OaklandIsBack said:

Crazy they went with the worst of the three

It's like they just went with the one that focused on the side panels that nobody likes but they were pushing as the height of technology and aesthetics at the time.

On 7/17/2023 at 3:35 PM, NYCdog said:

Like a rhinestone cowboy.  Looks like an identity they can have fun with.

On 7/19/2023 at 1:47 AM, OaklandIsBack said:

Not news, but the DBacks collar trim + sleeve (off the cuff) piping really bugs me for some reason 

At least it goes all the way around now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

(I personally find these jerseys to be overrated) Hey, the Angels are wearing throwbacks this weekend series against Pittsburgh, including tonight's game.

v0yejooibaa9w6cpphtg.jpg

A cursory search of Dressed to the Nines shows these were never button up with the state logo sleeve patch, but hey, what are you gonna do?

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

Yeah, the Angels current branding has really good bones, wheras that throwback may get an ovation just b/c it's a throwback and different -- but let's be real, that cap logo isn't good, neither is the wordmark. There's nothing special about those. 

If the Angels would add some sky blue where grey is in their current set, fix the red jersey to have color contrast, they would be perfect.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Yeah, the Angels current branding has really good bones, wheras that throwback may get an ovation just b/c it's a throwback and different -- but let's be real, that cap logo isn't good, neither is the wordmark. There's nothing special about those. 

If the Angels would add some sky blue where grey is in their current set, fix the red jersey to have color contrast, they would be perfect.

I agree this is a good start, but I would also revert the halo from silver to gold. Their anniversary season where they did this made the look a lot better.

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, monkeypower said:

(I personally find these jerseys to be overrated) Hey, the Angels are wearing throwbacks this weekend series against Pittsburgh, including tonight's game.

v0yejooibaa9w6cpphtg.jpg

A cursory search of Dressed to the Nines shows these were never button up with the state logo sleeve patch, but hey, what are you gonna do?

This is better than looking like the Rangers 🙄

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree this is a good start, but I would also revert the halo from silver to gold. Their anniversary season where they did this made the look a lot better.

spacer.png

That's something I've long wanted the Angels to do.

I'll take it one step further: strip out all the navy, swap all the silver for gold, brighten the red juatasmidge, and be the red-and-metallic-gold team in MLB. That I'm aware of right now the 49ers are the only other major pro sports team to use that colorway.

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Those throwbacks make them look like the Red Sox.

Of course, the all navy cap, headspoon, lack of front number and the Tuscan Font on that throwback uniform totally make them look like Boston.

• LOL 1

The Angels should go back to their late 90s-early 2000s identity.

Embrace the Disney connection, be different.

BTW it’s really too bad they didn’t wait one more year to rebrand because then that identity wouldn’t be forgotten to time.

• LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Of course, the all navy cap, headspoon, lack of front number and the Tuscan Font on that throwback uniform totally make them look like Boston.

Not current Red Sox, but the Red Sox of the time. A lot of Angels history was a slightly different West Coast Red Sox.

red_sox_uv9vwh4g_vbta2n8u.jpg

1006048688.jpg.0.jpg

They also had a tuscan wordmark in the LA and early California days.

149126-9606914Fr.jpg

That's my problem with discussion of the Angels going back full time or switching to blue, especially with the concepts that just switch the current look to a blue hat and jersey. They'll just look like the Red Sox (or Guardians or Nationals or so on). The Angels red on red with blue as an accent separates them from the many other red and blue teams.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Not current Red Sox, but the Red Sox of the time. A lot of Angels history was a slightly different West Coast Red Sox.

red_sox_uv9vwh4g_vbta2n8u.jpg

1006048688.jpg.0.jpg

That Red Sox look only lasted for seven seasons, starting in 1972, before Boston went back to the headspoon, while the Angels wore a variation of that look from 1973 to 1992.  For most of the time the two teams have been in the MLB, the two teams have had distinct looks.

• Like 1