MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Bringing it "back"?

I believe that they are referring to the specific cap that they posted. Teal has remained in the brand, as seen with the teal-accented alternate and snake head cap, but this cap wasn't worn for the last few seasons. The last time a teal-accented "A" cap was worn was for the 2019 season, so it's just coming back after a minor hiatus.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

I believe that they are referring to the specific cap that they posted. Teal has remained in the brand, as seen with the teal-accented alternate and snake head cap, but this cap wasn't worn for the last few seasons. The last time a teal-accented "A" cap was worn was for the 2019 season, so it's just coming back after a minor hiatus.

Actually I just totally forgot about the snake head cap having the teal accent (so I was partially accurate🤦‍♂️).

3 hours ago, bob95 said:

There are no snake head caps with the anniversary patch on them in the shop.

I noticed that too. Maybe an anniversary patch snake head cap will show up later on the MLB Shop?

On 12/21/2022 at 9:12 AM, fortunat1 said:

Is it teal or turquoise? The DBacks had teal in their original ID, and lots of teams use a teal that in many applications looks like a lighter blue, but in this case I think it's 2 different colors from 2 different branding eras.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

Is it teal or turquoise? The DBacks had teal in their original ID, and lots of teams use a teal that in many applications looks like a lighter blue, but in this case I think it's 2 different colors from 2 different branding eras.

Both are supposed to be turquoise, though the current shade looks more like it.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 12/22/2022 at 9:54 AM, -Akronite- said:

The original "turquoise" was pantone 323, a slightly darker, more greenish shade on the "teal scale". The current color is pantone "319". A lighter shade on the bluer side. (For reference, the Marlins' original teal was 320, one point darker than the Diamondbacks' current color)

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, gosioux76 said:

What's confusing about it? 

He is just confused that there are still so many low IQ people out there.

In 2022 with all progress we have made, cleaner air, more healthy living, more nutritious  food, it's confusing that there are still folks who are dumb as rocks, guess it takes a while for everyone to smarten up.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

He is just confused that there are still so many low IQ people out there.

In 2022 with all progress we have made, cleaner air, more healthy living, more nutritious  food, it's confusing that there are still folks who are dumb as rocks, guess it takes a while for everyone to smarten up.

And which category do you fall into? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, MrAstrodome said:

Road pinstripes are ok.

Depends on the team, I like them on Minnesota and San Diego, Pittsburgh is okay, but I don't every want to see the Yankees, Mets, Phillies, or White Sox do it. I'd like Colorado to try as well. 

• Like 4
  • WOAH 1

Anubis.png

7 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

Depends on the team, I like them on Minnesota and San Diego, Pittsburgh is okay, but I don't every want to see the Yankees, Mets, Phillies, or White Sox do it. I'd like Colorado to try as well. 

This is my favourite uniform the Rockies have ever worn. 

spacer.png

• Like 15
  • Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

While I'm a detractor of road pinstripes in general, I can at least understand the desire for consistency if the home uniform features them.  Road pinstripes when the home is solid makes no sense.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

This is my favourite uniform the Rockies have ever worn. 

spacer.png

It still baffles me how, after all these years, the Rockies STILL haven't added purple numbers/scripts/NOBs/something to their Chicago White Sox-lookalike home sets. Shoot, even a purple home cap would make a world of difference.

On the other hand...at this point I may as well give them props for sticking to the same look they've had, for the most part, since their inception. Considering how many times their expansion-mate Marlins done changed since then, that's quite the achievement.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

It still baffles me how, after all these years, the Rockies STILL haven't added purple numbers/scripts/NOBs/something to their Chicago White Sox-lookalike home sets. Shoot, even a purple home cap would make a world of difference.

On the other hand...at this point I may as well give them props for sticking to the same look they've had, for the most part, since their inception. Considering how many times their expansion-mate Marlins done changed since then, that's quite the achievement.

It'd be interesting if the Rockies switched to black pinstripes at home with purple numbers outlined in silver. Maybe it'd be a lateral move, and maybe it wouldn't make too much of a difference for night games, but probably a welcome change...kind of a "hey, that's a solid update".  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It'd be interesting if the Rockies switched to black pinstripes at home with purple numbers outlined in silver. Maybe it'd be a lateral move, and maybe it wouldn't make too much of a difference for night games, but probably a welcome change...kind of a "hey, that's a solid update".  

Any color would really help that look. The Rockies need an overhaul badly, one of the worst sets, if not the worst, in the majors. 

• Like 2

Anubis.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Wait, hold up... :blink:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWrV8gcjLMkkaG138GtRZ

item_20151_1.jpg

I guess I never paid enough attention to the Rockies over the years to know, notice, or care...but i was today years old when i learned the Rockies'pinstripes were/are purple. I always thought they were either black or gray.

Which I guess underscores the need for purple scripts/numbers/NOBs, now doesn't it?

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 12/23/2022 at 12:14 PM, gosioux76 said:

And which category do you fall into? 

As far as concepts, I'm up there ..as far as home improvement, I'm a damn moron 🤪

• LOL 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

19 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

There's a precedence for a few of the teams you mentioned:

15021118532918.jpg

1541401623-24789-eddie-cicotte-throwing-

8589_philadelphia_phillies-jersey-1923.p

• Like 1