MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

7 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

People are actually going to watch a league that looks like this 😂

I hate the ads but yeah I'm still going to watch baseball players throw wicked breaking balls and hit the ball 400 feet. Ads don't really take away from the talent on the field. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

34 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I hate the ads but yeah I'm still going to watch baseball players throw wicked breaking balls and hit the ball 400 feet. Ads don't really take away from the talent on the field. 

That's the worst part about us being into uniforms and stuff. We are basically forced to deal with nonsense because at the end of the day caring about that part is kind of foolish in the grand scheme of things. Take the NBA for example, there are advertisements everywhere and it's pretty awful but I love basketball so I still put up with it no matter how much I hate it. It's frustrating as hell.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

We are basically forced to deal with nonsense

Lol no. Turn off the tv

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

at the end of the day caring about that part is kind of foolish in the grand scheme of things.

Not at all. Advertising is a cancer

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2

12 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

People are actually going to watch a league that looks like this 😂

I don't like ads either, but suggesting someone stop watching the league because of a patch on the sleeve is the definition of overreaction. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Advertising has been a part of baseball for over 100 years....and ads around the stadium and on stadium walls definitely are a part of baseball/Americana/etc. But John Henry and FSG should know better than this.  They're the g****** Boston Red Sox.  This isn't some team that might miss payroll. This ugly patch isn't worth the extra $0.04B in valuation for this conglomerate. 

Somehow I replied to both Manilla and selgy by accident...edited post to avoid confusion

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Yankees are the only team I have any hope in not putting ads on the uniforms

I wouldn't hold my breath out for that, as supposedly, the Yankees were the team that was pushing for the Nike swoosh to be on the front of MLB jerseys instead of on the sleeve like Majestic/Russel/Rawlings/etc...

da0Lbhs.png

Look, as altruistic as I know all of us are and would hope MLB clubs would be about this whole ads on uniforms thing, the reality is this: these teams got to somehow find ways to bankroll these increasingly exorbitant player contracts some kind of way, and if the additional ad dollars make sense for the clubs, they'll make the business decision so many of us despise--because it is in fact a business, after all. 

(Not saying we have to like it—because we don't—but as the saying goes, "it is what it is" at this point in the game.)

• Like 5
  • Yawn 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I had an…educated worry that ads on baseball uniforms were coming very soon. I don’t know how much I can say at the moment, but to be safe: the company I work in the creative department for was approached by a major league team to be a sleeve patch sponsor. I have no idea how those discussions are going or if it’s even going to happen, as the senior leadership of our marketing department handles that (also, hence my vagueness as I don’t want to break confidence, lead on, or speak out of turn), but I do know for certain we were at least approached by one team.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I high dislike ads on jerseys. Although, I just thought of something. Now on field jerseys will start to look like high end versions of the 'gimme' promotional jerseys that teams give out (those of course being screen printed with the sponsor patch on the sleeve). Ha. They've been softening everyone up for years. Bwahahaha!

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png