MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Was gonna post  this in the MLB 2022 thread but it got closed. Tweet about the evolution of the Astros’ navy alternate:

Personally, I think the sunrise on the sleeve would’ve been the way to go. 

Agreed. That pushes the jersey more into alternate status, compared to the current design which so obviously looks like a spring training template filled in with the sunrise colors.

• Like 8

On 11/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, aawagner011 said:

Agreed. That pushes the jersey more into alternate status, compared to the current design which so obviously looks like a spring training template filled in with the sunrise colors.

It is off how basically the 2012 Majestic spring training jersey gets ti live on through the astro's.

I don't mind, I liked those jerseys.

On 11/7/2022 at 3:40 PM, Whatever said:

Agreed. I’d love to see sunrise sleeves with white ‘ASTROS’ outlined in orange as their blue alternate v3. 

The blue Sunday alts have grown on me, especially after clinching the WS in them last weekend, but something inspired by the “white ASTROS on dark blue jerseys”, like the 1980’s spring training jerseys, has long been my preference. 
s-l300.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I saw New Jersey, and I was like, "Why"?. Then I saw it was an ad patch. So now I'm pissed off realizing the Guardians are going to have some company no one's heard of on their jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This just makes me even more glad I got my non-apparel-branded tackle twill-numbered Red Sox jersey from the 47 Store across from Fenway when I did (dance)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Apparently, this is what MassMutual's CEO Roger Crandall said about the partnership with the Red Sox.  If this is true... oh boy.

Also, this confirms that the ad placement will go on either right or left sleeve, which makes me wonder if this is the end of sleeve numbers for the Phillies.  I don't love them, but they've had them for 30+ years now, so they should not be forced to move them just for some stupid ad.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."