MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

4 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I had initially thought it might have something to do with Hispanic Heritage Month, but the change only happened once the clinching game was met.

I'm not reading anything into it, as from whats been reported its not supposed to be an identity change, just dropping the gray road unis.

I'm trying not to read into it too much either. It's just a very unique pattern to use twice and with it being known that a new road uni is coming next year it just makes you go hmmmm. 

17 minutes ago, selgy said:

I'm trying not to read into it too much either. It's just a very unique pattern to use twice and with it being known that a new road uni is coming next year it just makes you go hmmmm. 

Is it known that a new road uni is coming next year? My memory could be wrong, but I don't recall hearing about a new road uniform. My understanding was that they would just opt for columbia blue or navy on the road.

I'd be cool with the Rays going full powder with yellow and navy trim.  Maybe go yellow wordmark with navy trim?  But even the regular navy one would be fine.  Just hopeful they're not going to wear solid alt tops with gray pants full time on the road.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Is it known that a new road uni is coming next year? My memory could be wrong, but I don't recall hearing about a new road uniform. My understanding was that they would just opt for columbia blue or navy on the road.

There hasn't been anything announced about a new road uniform. The have announced that the road greys will be no longer. So I think some have speculated that something would be replacing them. 

The Rays might just use their alt blues or light blues instead. But I don't think that would warrant announcing that the greys would be out of rotation if they would just opt to wear what is already available. 

But we will see. 

19 hours ago, selgy said:

18 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

No one has said a new road uni is coming.  Marc Topkin, the beat writer for the Tampa Bay Times has said a few times that all that is known is the gray uniform is being phased out.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Gray uniform or gray Jersey? They still have to have pants with a colored top.

Do they already have colored pants?

The Rays as of 2022 do not have navy or light blue pants.

Among the many problems with the Rays' bland 2008 redesign is that the grey jersey is the same as the white one. They could have been the team to bring back the interlocking-letters road script that the Giants and Padres had abandoned. 

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 hours ago, the admiral said:

Among the many problems with the Rays' bland 2008 redesign is that the grey jersey is the same as the white one. They could have been the team to bring back the interlocking-letters road script that the Giants and Padres had abandoned. 

There's an interlocking TB? That would be cool to see. 

Anubis.png

On 8/1/2022 at 8:08 PM, ltjets21 said:

The Nationals really need to fix their script. The angle of it currently is absurd, look how much better the All star version is. spacer.pngspacer.png

By contrast, the Orioles need to do what the Nationals are currently doing on their home jerseys, and tilt the script up to the left. Decades on, they STILL haven't figured out that when you try to run an italicized, "vanishing point" script across a straight placket, bad things will ensue.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:14 PM, tpoh59 said:

By contrast, the Orioles need to do what the Nationals are currently doing on their home jerseys, and tilt the script up to the left. Decades on, they STILL haven't figured out that when you try to run an italicized, "vanishing point" script across a straight placket, bad things will ensue.

Disagree fully. There is nothing wrong with the front of this jersey.

Orioles Closer Félix Bautista Is On the Rise

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

What is a “vanishing point script”?

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What is a “vanishing point script”?

I'm no expert, but I suspect it has to do with the descending size of the script from large down to small as it moves from left to right, suggesting it's shrinking, or "vanishing."

By contrast, Washington's script is of a more uniform size across the chest. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Ark said:

This William Penn pitching logo is great. They should update and bring it back

EyTkKqMXEAI6wf6?format=jpg&name=large

Easier said than done.  I'd like to see one of the talented designers on these boards take a shot at making a version of this that can scale and look clear when embroidered and used in digital applications.  I think the little players would have to go for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Easier said than done.  I'd like to see one of the talented designers on these boards take a shot at making a version of this that can scale and look clear when embroidered and used in digital applications.  I think the little players would have to go for sure.

@SFGiants58 kind of already did something similar:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

@SFGiants58 kind of already did something similar:

not bad at all.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

I think you'd have to go even further and reduce it to the pitching William Penn statue. I'd like to see it, too. I liked the old '80s logo but never thought much of the Liberty Bell stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫