2022 MLB Postseason

Kooky01

8 hours ago, BBTV said:

ARod is actually pretty good as an analyst.  I like what he brings to the broadcast.  The jabroni doing PBP is either half asleep or hasn't watched too much baseball.  Really hope he doesn't get any more Phillies games if they're fortunate enough to get out of this and move on.

That was Michael Kay, who is the PBP for the Yankees on YES Network, of all teams. I don’t know anything about him as a person so he could be a good guy, but he’s easily my least favorite PBP guy in the league. Something about his voice (when he’s actually speaking and not excessively pausing) just has this “dude who wears Under Armour exclusively, won’t stop talking about his car, and posts only Crypto articles on his LinkedIn” streak to it and the fact he’s not only calling playoff games, but is somehow the voice of the Yankees absolutely baffles me. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That was Michael Kay, who is the PBP for the Yankees on YES Network, of all teams. I don’t know anything about him as a person so he could be a good guy, but he’s easily my least favorite PBP guy in the league. Something about his voice (when he’s actually speaking and not excessively pausing) just has this “dude who wears Under Armour exclusively, won’t stop talking about his car, and posts only Crypto articles on his LinkedIn” streak to it and the fact he’s not only calling playoff games, but is somehow the voice of the Yankees absolutely baffles me. 

Seriously?  I'd expect the richest team in the biggest market could attract better talent than him, unless he's just been there forever. I also understand it's a little harder to call national games than local ones, but he just seems asleep or doesn't care.  And not in the good way, like when announcers know when to shut up and know when to talk.  He was easily the most annoying thing of the last two games.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

I never expected them to make a real run at it. 

IDK.  They have a ton of championships, including one where they snuck in with low 80s wins and just got hot.  They're always a threat to make a real run.  They just seem to be blessed or something, which is why even though the Phillies won the season series from them, I genuinely expected the Cardinals to steamroll their way to the NLCS.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

at a certain point, crying to the umps about the possibility of Musgrove using sticky stuff is just pointless bitching. you got one-hit in an elimination game and let something called a Trent Grisham dogwalk you. the Phillies, who fell ass-backward into the playoffs, progressed farther than you. you led the season series against Atlanta 8-4, lost the tiebreaker, and then finished with an identical record. 10.5.

there's a difference between an underdog and a loser. the Padres and Mariners are underdogs because despite all the losing, they're actually likeable. the Mets are genuinely the most pathetic franchise in baseball. really, Tank is a perfect embodiment of them. except considering Tank is also a Devils fan he's seen way more winning in his life than we give him credit for lmao

I'd love to see the Padres win it all if they can get past LA. San Diego deserves a winner.

• Like 2

53Ocz8U.png

13 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

the Phillies, who fell ass-backward into the playoffs, progressed farther than you.

Even worse; the Mariners, a team that hadn't even been to the playoffs since 2001 (so over two decades ago), have now won a playoff series more recently than the Mets.

They choked the division lead in the last week of the season then got pantsed in the Wild Card at home; that's taking Metting to a whole new level of sheer, unadulterated agony.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Even worse; the Mariners, a team that hasn't even been to the playoffs since 2001 (so over two decades ago), progressed farther than the Mets. That's taking Metting to a whole new level of sheer unadulterated agony.

Not to pile on but the Mets are the 1st team to win 100 games and not make the LDS since 1995 when the LDS was implemented full time.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 1

7 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Not to pile on but the Mets are the 1st team to win 100 games and not make the LDS since 1995 when the LDS was implemented full time.

I feel real bad, but they're also the first team to be shut out at home in a winner-take-all game since the 2016 Mets. And the first team ever to only get a single hit in a winner-take-all game.

God, the Mets love setting records for pain lmfao

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Kind of feel bad for Frank. At least with that video

He's the 2022 equivalent of Beetlejuice from Howard Stern.  On the whole, he's doing great.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags