NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 minute ago, bowld said:

Ravens still use the original Nike template. Badly needs an update

And I don't know why they refuse to update, since the Elite 51 is out to pasture for all but them and the Colts. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Compared to how Nike fumbled around with shoulder "loops" for so long, including with Carolina, the irony of all of this is they finally got it right when they switched Carolina onto the vapor template. Compare this below photo to the awful attempt they had with LSU in the early 2010s.

Interesting that "mobility is mentioned." Can an expert explain his? Is there actually something about the way the stripe is applied that constricts the sleeve area, and that is a functional reason for going back to truncated? 

Shame because I actually really appreciated them making jerseys with full loops.

Grading the Bears' signing of QB P.J. Walker

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Just from a player perspective, the Vapor Untouchable was much lighter and more comfortable than the Elite 51, so it doesn't make sense to not use the newer template.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Compared to how Nike fumbled around with shoulder "loops" for so long, including with Carolina, the irony of all of this is they finally got it right when they switched Carolina onto the vapor template. 

Interesting that "mobility is mentioned." Can an expert explain his? Is there actually something about the way the stripe is applied that constricts the sleeve area, and that is a functional reason for going back to truncated? 

Shame because I actually really appreciated them making jerseys with full loops.

Likely just marketing speak from Nike regarding the Vapor F.U.S.E. template.

21 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Oh, I see now. Maybe they are making this change because they simply can't accomplish the perfect loop on this specific template.

That is the reason. The stripe has nothing to do with mobility. But the reduction of the size of the sleeve for mobility purposes affects/restricts the ability to have the stripe go fully around the sleeve.

• Like 1

I wish the Panthers would use this opportunity to clean up their pants and helmet stripes. If they could settle on a consistent stripe application across the helmet, jersey, and pant, their set would go up in the rankings. The helmet and pants reek of the mid 90s but would look fantastic if they cleaned them up.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I wish the Panthers would use this opportunity to clean up their pants and helmet stripes. If they could settle on a consistent stripe application across the helmet, jersey, and pant, their set would go up in the rankings. The helmet and pants reek of the mid 90s but would look fantastic if they cleaned them up.

I agree. While I'm happy they're not doing an overhaul or removing silver, I still wish they were making some tweaks to modernize some of these elements.

1 hour ago, bowld said:

Ravens still use the original Nike template. Badly needs an update

Would be nice to see them do that and do a slight refresh brand wide. Like minor tweaks, there is room to “evolve it” a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Slightly off topic, but is there any valid reason at all that the Packers still haven't changed templates after all these years?

IDK, but I hope they do, because Alexander's jersey here looks like it would explode if they put an anniversary patch on it.

Jaire_Alexander_2019_(cropped).jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

13 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Slightly off topic, but is there any valid reason at all that the Packers still haven't changed templates after all these years?

Because they like what they get from Ripon?

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

The more I think about this, the more I have to laugh.  The "elite" sporting apparel company couldn't deliver the client's desired color for years and can't even do decent-looking stripes.  But they can push garish designs, lots of piping and other ugly gimmick like gradients.  Nike is becoming the 8-track or Beta tape of their industry. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Compared to how Nike fumbled around with shoulder "loops" for so long, including with Carolina, the irony of all of this is they finally got it right when they switched Carolina onto the vapor template. Compare this below photo to the awful attempt they had with LSU in the early 2010s.

That looks SO much better than half-stripes.  Imagine how much better the Pats and Colts would look with the full circles. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

I think it's partly based on Ripon being a local company, so they're keeping locals employed to some extent. One of the quirks of being a "locally-owned" football team that doesn't apply to any other team in the league. 

• Like 6

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

The more I think about this, the more I have to laugh.  The "elite" sporting apparel company couldn't deliver the client's desired color for years and can't even do decent-looking stripes.  But they can push garish designs, lots of piping and other ugly gimmick like gradients.  Nike is becoming the 8-track or Beta tape of their industry. 

You've got the analogy backwards. Betamax is generally considered to have had better video and audio quality than VHS and a better overall product. So if anything Nike is the VHS of the industry since they're the top dog but can't do the little things as well as the smaller companies being pushed out.

• Like 5

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!