NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

26 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think that ship has sailed and they don't need to go back.  The only way for it to work is to get approval from Native American groups and they would still look at Warriors as a way of placing them in a box. 

You mean COL Rock? 

Redwolves or 32's would be a great way to move forward. With 32's you just need the colors to stay burgundy and gold, and your mascot choices are endless. Football Player Rushing with Ball | #T26497 | CSA Images

An updated version of something like this, and a W on his chest would be a great start. 

The old-timely football guy is cool and I don’t hate the idea of 32’s, but I don’t see how that would ever fly in the same league as the 49ers. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Really love this graphic for the Commanders 2023 schedule-

Fvxua6GWwAMFBy3?format=jpg&name=large

It's a creative attempt, however, the "Metro" lines don't match up with the Home/Away games:

e.g., Phoenix (Home), LA and Denver (Away) are Blue? Buffalo (Home), Atlanta (Away), and Dallas (Home/Away) are all Yellow?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The old-timely football guy is cool and I don’t hate the idea of 32’s, but I don’t see how that would ever fly in the same league as the 49ers. 

If the Roughriders and Rough Riders could play in the same league, as well as the Tigers, Tigers, and Tigers, so can the 32's and 49ers. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, BrySmalls said:

It's a creative attempt, however, the "Metro" lines don't match up with the Home/Away games:

e.g., Phoenix (Home), LA and Denver (Away) are Blue? Buffalo (Home), Atlanta (Away), and Dallas (Home/Away) are all Yellow?

Huh? It’s a map of the United States.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

If the Roughriders and Rough Riders could play in the same league, as well as the Tigers, Tigers, and Tigers, so can the 32's and 49ers. 

Just because those things once existed doesn't make it a good idea. 

Maybe it's just not what I'm used to, but "32's" sounds very awkward to me. The standard that the 49ers and 76ers have established makes it clear that the name represents a year and not a singular number. The 32s sounds as if the team's mascot is just the number, rather than a year. 

I'm nitpicking, I realize, but we've nit-picked worse. 

I can also see that name being weaponized against them: "Washington once again has a bigger number in its name than it does on the scoreboard."

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Just because those things once existed doesn't make it a good idea. 

Maybe it's just not what I'm used to, but "32's" sounds very awkward to me. The standard that the 49ers and 76ers have established makes it clear that the name represents a year and not a singular number. The 32s sounds as if the team's mascot is just the number, rather than a year. 

I'm nitpicking, I realize, but we've nit-picked worse. 

I can also that name being weaponized against them: "Washington once again has a bigger number in its name than it does on the scoreboard."

That alone would make me want them to go with it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rename as Warthogs. Borrow some Disney goodwill like Oregon, and make Puumba the mascot. Logo should be much tougher-looking. Helmet should be same color as current, with white or yellow tusks (kind of a reverse of the Vikings’ horns). Bring back the marching band and have them play “Hakuna Matata”, with professional Broadway actors stepping out to sing Timon and Puumba’s “when I was a young warthog” parts on the bridge. 

Am I joking? I…don’t know. 

• LOL 1

11 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

32s is a worse name than Football Team.

Commanders is no more generic than Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Raiders, Bears, or Lions. It's just newer.

“bUt TrAdiTiOn” or whatever 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

32s is a worse name than Football Team.

Commanders is no more generic than Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Raiders, Bears, or Lions. It's just newer.

Commanders isn't generic at all, but that's not the problem. The problem is that its too long and clunky, and has no good shortened version. Other teams with more than two syllable names have shorter nicknames: Patriots have Pats, Buccaneers have Bucs, 49ers have Niners. And then the Commanders have Commies and Ders, which are just terrible.

58 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Warthogs is a terrible nickname. 

Meh, I like it well enough. Most importantly though, it allows for fans to shorten it to Hogs.

• Like 10

spacer.png

On 5/9/2023 at 12:03 PM, HOOVER said:

To add to my post above, I believe the best solution to all is to rename the team the "Washington Warriors".

And yes, they should go back to Native American imagery.  

They should represent Native American culture in a positive light.

They should offer Native American benefits, or even minority ownership.  

They should use their stage to highlight Native American history and teach it to today's generation and beyond, in a respectful manner.

This can help heal the wounds on both sides: those of Native American ancestry who were hurt by the logo or name, and those who loved it because it was just their team, and therefore miss it.   They can even salvage some things from their past, like the '65-69 uniforms, as a Throwback alternate.

"Representation" is such a buzz word used by some today;  this is a way that it could be used for good.  Put original Americans on the national stage, where they belong.

If they went this route, how about the Washington Natives? Or is that too direct of a name?

I've always like the Potomacs too. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Really love this graphic for the Commanders 2023 schedule-

Fvxua6GWwAMFBy3?format=jpg&name=large

Kind of odd they did not include a silver line seeing how there is now a metro station in Ashburn, VA.

Metrorail Stations in Loudoun County | Loudoun County, VA - Official Website

Hotter Than July > Thriller