NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 6/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, TruColor said:

Yeah, they can certainly do that, but the Saints' throwback helmet is actually depicted on a different color shell.

Yep, that gold is much richer (pun intended) than their current shade. 

Has there been any rumblings of a Jets throwback look?

I ask because the release of the black helmet last years kind of implied that throwbacks would eventually show up and there have been plenty of throwback logo appearances, the original full plane logo and the 80s-90s logo, on the coach apparel in offseason content.

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I ask because the release of the black helmet last years kind of implied that throwbacks would eventually show up and there have been plenty of throwback logo appearances, the original full plane logo and the 80s-90s logo, on the coach apparel in offseason content.

I seriously doubt it because you can only have one alternate helmet and the Jets are dead set on the black look currently. It won't happen for quite a few years.

bSLCtu2.png

On 6/23/2023 at 10:12 PM, TruColor said:

I've been posting these on Twitter, but I should post them here as well. 2023 NFL Helmet Graphics. All using official vector files, all conforming to PANTONE digital standards.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'll keep updating these as more helmets get unveiled.

I know it is minor difference but what about the Browns white facemask look? It is different than the primary look.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, canzman said:

I know it is minor difference but what about the Browns white facemask look? It is different than the primary look.

Good point. Haven't the Jets and Bills rolled through various iterations of facemask colors in recent years?

It's where I sit.

23 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Good point. Haven't the Jets and Bills rolled through various iterations of facemask colors in recent years?

They have. It seems that facemask color isn't quite considered a static part of the uniform. Because, of course it isn't. Because, the NFL has no idea what it's doing with its uniform standards...it just keeps lopping arbitrary rules on top of arbitrary rules while simultaneously not quite enforcing them.

Speaking of, though -- I would like to see Pittsburgh go to grey facemasks. With the nickname "Steelers" it just makes sense, plus it would gel with the grey keyline on the logo. At least go with them when they wear their throwback uniform, which isn't any different other than the number font 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I seriously doubt it because you can only have one alternate helmet and the Jets are dead set on the black look currently. It won't happen for quite a few years.

Couldn’t they just slap the old logo on the helmet and do a fauxback using the current shade of green?

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Couldn’t they just slap the old logo on the helmet and do a fauxback using the current shade of green?

I guess they could but it would be kinda weird. That old green helmet had a specific flat finish. I mean they could if they really wanted to but it would look kinda weird. If it were up to me they would wear the Sack Exchange version since they already have black in their main look now. The white would stand out.

1371701434.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

bSLCtu2.png

18 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I was lead to believe it would be a tribute helmet. This would mean it would have the green shell they currently use but with the retro facemask and logo. However, since we haven't seen anything this late in the game maybe it has been scrapped.

6 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Speaking of, though -- I would like to see Pittsburgh go to grey facemasks. With the nickname "Steelers" it just makes sense, plus it would gel with the grey keyline on the logo. At least go with them when they wear their throwback uniform, which isn't any different other than the number font 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Some Patriots uniform rumors

Interesting to see some fans in the replies to that tweet clamoring for white pants on the road. I'd like to see it, as it would allow the look to not be so bottom-heavy.

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The Pats schedule seemed somewhat believable, but the opponents one is clearly completely fake:

Giants already announced they’d be wearing the throwbacks for other games

Dolphins never wear white over aqua at home

Several of these teams (Eagles, Saints, Bills, etc.) don’t announce pant color until the week of the game

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, sergeantscruffy said:

He just updated with another post showing the opposing teams uniforms and it includes red helmets for the Bills...

I know the Bills  red helmets were rumored to be coming this year, but I've never seen that confirmed at all, let alone any kind of a schedule.  And if they do wear them, why would they do it on the road? 

29 minutes ago, Echo said:

I know the Bills  red helmets were rumored to be coming this year, but I've never seen that confirmed at all, let alone any kind of a schedule.  And if they do wear them, why would they do it on the road? 

Devil's advocate says that they replace the 60's white throwback and go with a 90's white throwback. It was very weird they had a white throwback to begin with but I guess they could do it again?

Also, the Pats having a 90's throwback as a surprise makes no sense. The NFL doesn't do full uniform surprises, maybe a helmet surprise but not a full uniform. The 90's throwback has been talked about for years and every time it's always nothing so much like the Eagles kelly green, I'm not gonna believe anything about it until it's confirmed in a real way.

All that being said, I don't believe this guy.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

People like this know uniform stuff gets a ton of attention and this reeks of clout chasing. 

He's mentioning that the Patriots might wear two throwbacks, we know that is not even a possibility. 

Teams also don't pick their pant options ahead of time. 

This is all a bunch of baloney.

• Like 6