NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

Yeah, don't take anything Babz says at face value. He's your bog standard sports blogger who will post anything he hears and will add "take it with a grain of salt" to cover his ass

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Wanted to share my annual week-by-week schedule design on here. Not directly uniform-related, but thought this would be a decent place to get some feedback. I do update it throughout the year with alternate/throwback logos and colors where applicable. Already have the throwback logos in place for the games that have been confirmed.

Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks are throwing off the balance a bit this year.

AWDqExV.jpg

• Like 8

Noticed the Chiefs have updated sleeve stripe construction with the new template, with 3 separate fabric panels making up that striping now; used to be either screen printed or knit.   I don’t recall them ever having their sleeve stripes constructed this way.

FzVf4okXwAEZLyY?format=jpg&name=large

FzVeQwoXsAEGovT?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 17
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

People like this know uniform stuff gets a ton of attention and this reeks of clout chasing. 

He's mentioning that the Patriots might wear two throwbacks, we know that is not even a possibility. 

Teams also don't pick their pant options ahead of time. 

This is all a bunch of baloney.

Seems fishy to me as well, but as to wearing 2 throwbacks, the Dolphins had 2 throwbacks from 2019-2021.

Edited by sergeantscruffy

I believe his "insight" about the 90s throwbacks comes from the Nike Patriots shoe having royal blue this year. And the Pro Shop had hinted at 90s jerseys last year or the year before, but I believe that's all it was.

It wouldn't totally shock me to see those come back in some capacity, but it would either have leaked or been announced by now if they were back for this season I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Noticed the Chiefs have updated sleeve stripe construction with the new template, with 3 separate fabric panels making up that striping now; used to be either screen printed or knit.   I don’t recall them ever having their sleeve stripes constructed this way.

How long do nike templates usually last? Because this is the first time I've really noticed one and I already want it to go away

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

How long do nike templates usually last? Because this is the first time I've really noticed one and I already want it to go away

Since Nike took over as NFL supplier:

Elite 51 2012-2016 (majority of teams)

Vapor Untouchable 2017-2022 (majority of teams)

Vapor Fusion 2023-???

My guess is 5 seasons sadly. This new template sucks.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

great eye by you

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

This really looks so much better.

The shiny screen printed stripes always look cheap and I'll never understand why teams still use them. I know when the Browns went through their 2020 redesign, the equipment manager said it's the team's choice if they'd rather have fabric stripes or printed. For some reason they chose printed when the previous set had sewn in stripes. But he never really gave a reason why. Honestly for an NFL team it just seems lazy. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, sergeantscruffy said:

Seems fishy to me as well, but as to wearing 2 throwbacks, the Dolphins had 2 throwbacks from 2019-2021.

I believe this is because Miami dumped the all-orange and then designated the road throwback uniforms as their Color Rush. Again, the designations in the NFL are all over the place, but I understood that to be the reason. Could be wrong.

25 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I believe this is because Miami dumped the all-orange and then designated the road throwback uniforms as their Color Rush. Again, the designations in the NFL are all over the place, but I understood that to be the reason. Could be wrong.

So…if that was the case, then CR uniforms can have correct contrasting socks?

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

At this point, I think the NFL just says "yes" anytime teams ask if they can wear something. 

The last thing I can remember them denying was San Fran’s request to wear their white Color Rush in the Super Bowl against KC.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

This really looks so much better.

The shiny screen printed stripes always look cheap and I'll never understand why teams still use them. I know when the Browns went through their 2020 redesign, the equipment manager said it's the team's choice if they'd rather have fabric stripes or printed. For some reason they chose printed when the previous set had sewn in stripes. But he never really gave a reason why. Honestly for an NFL team it just seems lazy. 

I never really cared and I’m an absolute stickler for details.

Makes me wonder if it was equipment manager input.  Less fabric/stitching = less problems.   Still, begs the question, “why the change?”  

I don't hate it, it’s growing on me.  Just curious about the process.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

The last thing I can remember them denying was San Fran’s request to wear their white Color Rush in the Super Bowl against KC.

Yet the league let the Rams wear their white jersey against CIN, when the white was an alternate. And allowed the Ravens to exceed the limit of 3 for alternates or throwbacks many times. The league breaks its own rules.

10 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Actually the NFL changed things several years back regarding "alternate" jerseys. Teams are allowed two "alternates" outside of their standard white and standard "color". Those 2 can be any combination of Throwback, Alternate or "Color Rush".

The only team with no alternate jersey currently is the Chiefs. The Dolphins and 49ers have 2 throwbacks and the Chargers have 2 Color Rush.
For 2023 these are what each team has listed as possible options (some won't be worn) outside their standard white and color.
Bears - Throwback, Orange Alternate
Bengals - White Color Rush, Orange Alternate
Bills - Red Color Rush, White standing buffalo throwback

Broncos - Orange Color Rush, Navy Alternate
Browns - Brown Color Rush, Throwback
Buccaneers - Pewter Color Rush, Creamsicle Throwback

Cardinals - Black Color Rush
Chargers - Royal Color Rush, Navy Color Rush
Chiefs - None

Colts - Throwback
Commanders - Black Color Rush
Cowboys - White Color Rush, Throwback
Dolphins - Aqua Throwback, White Throwback

Eagles - Throwback, Black Alternate
Falcons - Throwback, Red Gradient Alternate
49ers - Red Throwback, White Throwback
Giants - Throwback, White Color Rush
Jaguars - Black Alternate
Jets - Black Color Rush
Lions - Throwback, Grey Color Rush
Packers - Throwback
Panthers - Blue Alternate, Black Color Rush (I know  there is nothing different here designation done to use alternate helmet)
Patriots - Throwback
Raiders - Throwback
Rams - Bone Alternate
Ravens - Purple Color Rush, Black Alternate
Saints - White Color Rush, Throwback
Seahawks - Lime Alternate, Throwback
Steelers - Black Color Rush, Throwback
Titans - Oilers Throwback, Blue Alternate
Texans - Navy Color Rush, Red Alternate
Vikings - Purple Color Rush

• Like 7

1 hour ago, canzman said:

Actually the NFL changed things several years back regarding "alternate" jerseys. Teams are allowed two "alternates" outside of their standard white and standard "color". Those 2 can be any combination of Throwback, Alternate or "Color Rush".

The only team with no alternate jersey currently is the Chiefs. The Dolphins and 49ers have 2 throwbacks and the Chargers have 2 Color Rush.
For 2023 these are what each team has listed as possible options (some won't be worn) outside their standard white and color.
Bears - Throwback, Orange Alternate
Bengals - White Color Rush, Orange Alternate
Bills - Red Color Rush, White standing buffalo throwback

Broncos - Orange Color Rush, Navy Alternate
Browns - Brown Color Rush, Throwback
Buccaneers - Pewter Color Rush, Creamsicle Throwback

Cardinals - Black Color Rush
Chargers - Royal Color Rush, Navy Color Rush
Chiefs - None

Colts - Throwback
Commanders - Black Color Rush
Cowboys - White Color Rush, Throwback
Dolphins - Aqua Throwback, White Throwback

Eagles - Throwback, Black Alternate
Falcons - Throwback, Red Gradient Alternate
49ers - Red Throwback, White Throwback
Giants - Throwback, White Color Rush
Jaguars - Black Alternate
Jets - Black Color Rush
Lions - Throwback, Grey Color Rush
Packers - Throwback
Panthers - Blue Alternate, Black Color Rush (I know  there is nothing different here designation done to use alternate helmet)
Patriots - Throwback
Raiders - Throwback
Rams - Bone Alternate
Ravens - Purple Color Rush, Black Alternate
Saints - White Color Rush, Throwback
Seahawks - Lime Alternate, Throwback
Steelers - Black Color Rush, Throwback
Titans - Oilers Throwback, Blue Alternate
Texans - Navy Color Rush, Red Alternate
Vikings - Purple Color Rush

So is it confirmed that the Seahawks aren’t wearing grey anymore?

• WOAH 1