NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 8/3/2023 at 10:59 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The green has gotten quite a bit lighter over the years to the point where I think the green itself isn't an issue. I'd much rather see the charcoal replaced with silver and the pant stripes going to a different style.

On 8/3/2023 at 11:35 AM, DCarp1231 said:

I must be on a silver pants kick because that’s all the Eagles should have, IMO.

Keep the current green, get better striping and a better number font.

Yeah adding  silver back in a major was has long been the move I’d like to see. Throw in a new font and all good…even if it is jut the new wordmark font.

spacer.png

Lurie isn’t going to change them back to the Kelly green colors, it marks basically his entire tenure as an owner. Yeah he is no longer married to his last wife that pushed for it, but winning a SB sealed it.

So tweaks that that are about as good as we can hope for.

• Like 1

That same point about Lurie is what I try to explain to Falcons fans. Arthur Blank got the new logo project going the second he took over the Falcons, it's the differentiator between everything he did for the franchise and how absolutely soulless it was beforehand. I get the old logo has gotten more popular as it's entered the realm of nostalgia, but there's no chance Blank would go back to it full time.

6 minutes ago, Chicageaux said:

This image was posted on Reddit. Sounds like the Bengals are trying to ditch the color rush jerseys in favor of their new away jerseys to pair with the white helmets.

spacer.png

Makes sense. No reason to have two different white uniforms. Only problem is this— Can the regular white uniform with white helmet be classified as an alt? Only to be worn at max 3 times a year? The alternate uniform rules are becoming very loose and unhinged.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

If they change their alt helmets after giving Cleveland hell for it, I'll laugh my backside off.

4 minutes ago, Chicageaux said:

This image was posted on Reddit. Sounds like the Bengals are trying to ditch the color rush jerseys in favor of their new away jerseys to pair with the white helmets.

spacer.png

The Bengals new uniforms are the coolest in the NFL ...

I feel like the only way this improves the look is if there is some kind of orange dropshadow to the stripes on the helmet as well. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

@Kiltman Replacing the charcoal on the numbers with true silver and using the Cunningham era pants (with the current shade of green) would be a pretty simple but awesome tweak. People would love it and it would make the minimum numbers of changes to the overall brand.

The major issue with the current uniform is the number font.  Pants are good.  Change the charcoal in the numbers to Silver and the White in the pants to Silver and it would be a nice bridge, but what holds it back the most is the number font.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

The major issue with the current uniform is the number font.  Pants are good.  Change the charcoal in the numbers to Silver and the White in the pants to Silver and it would be a nice Bridge, but holds it back the most is the number font.

The fact it needs an outline to improve it's appearance is proof of this.

Eagles' Miles Sanders is already having his rookie moment: Clotheslined,  pelted with water bottles and a shifty run | On his 3 days of training camp  - nj.com

Philadelphia Eagles' Miles Sanders to face hometown Pittsburgh Steelers  Sunday

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they change their alt helmets after giving Cleveland hell for it, I'll laugh my backside off.

I feel like the only way this improves the look is if there is some kind of orange dropshadow to the stripes on the helmet as well. 

I get why they want to do this but it will be a shame if those White Color Rush unis go away.  In some ways they’re nicer than their current Whites, even though they’re a little bit of a mess since the pant & helmet stripes don’t match the Black cap sleeve stripes.  It’s a real shame they didn’t keep those Black block numbers. 

• Like 1

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

The fact it needs an outline to improve it's appearance is proof of this.

Eagles' Miles Sanders is already having his rookie moment: Clotheslined,  pelted with water bottles and a shifty run | On his 3 days of training camp  - nj.com

Philadelphia Eagles' Miles Sanders to face hometown Pittsburgh Steelers  Sunday

Yes, and it’s just a dated 90’s font.  Ravens have the same issue.  The uniform itself is fine, though not quite iconic, but updating the font would really make a dramatic difference.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I actually think that I prefer this look to what they did last year with bringing back the old color rush jerseys to pair with it. The stripes will match up much better, and you were still getting the little pops of orange on last year's version with the logos and accessories, but now in this set they will feel more intentional and well balanced. 

W3UD6NWXZR7UPL6VKQW73SWM3Q.jpg

I also just prefer their proprietary number font to the block numbers, heightens the whole thing a lot whereas the block numbers felt more generic/collegiate to me. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

The major issue with the current uniform is the number font.  Pants are good.  Change the charcoal in the numbers to Silver and the White in the pants to Silver and it would be a nice Bridge, but holds it back the most is the number font.

I don't know what the attitude in Philly is to the font. For all I know it might be positive.

I tend to assume it's baked in at this point.

36 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

No, because the stripes are consistently single-color black on white. The orange is only around the lettering/numbers/swoosh. May not be as visually pleasing to some, but it is technically consistent. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Makes sense. No reason to have two different white uniforms. Only problem is this— Can the regular white uniform with white helmet be classified as an alt? Only to be worn at max 3 times a year? The alternate uniform rules are becoming very loose and unhinged.

I think the Panthers denote the black jersey/black pants paired with the black helmet as an alternate, so there seems to be precedence.

42 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Yep, hopefully in a year or two when they do the update we at least get that. 

The update being at the very least swapping or removing the Wordmark. It’s still the old one.

1 hour ago, Chicageaux said:

spacer.png

This is my yelling at a cloud moment -- I think NFL social teams are getting a little (lot) too cute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags