NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

6 hours ago, monkeypower said:

One of the Sideline Cap offerings for 2023. Why people thought this was a good idea? Don't know.

cY4Pb2q.png

Looks like the Eagles midnight green with the Jets "sport green" on top of it.  Gross.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Since when was this logo a thing?

F2dbUXNX0AAMGlS?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.lids.com/nfl-seattle-seahawks/seattle-seahawks-new-era-city-originals-9fifty-snapback-hat-cream/navy/o-3505+t-81939386+p-6800119924036+z-9-1736703899?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r11c1:po-34

EDIT: I don’t think it ever was a thing. Seems to be New Era designed logos specifically for this iteration of team hats.

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, this was a thing. Thanks @JQK

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

I remember these from the mid to late 90's. They had these sort of impromptu letter logos for all the teams based on their main logo

• Like 5

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Wasn't that a Zephyr thing?  Or am I confusing that with something else?  I vaguely remember a few others like that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I don’t know why they ever stopped doing that. It pops so well. 

Losing streak. Won one game in the yoga pants and its been like that ever since. 

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams-season&team_id=HOU&year=2008

3 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

Losing streak. Won one game in the yoga pants and its been like that ever since. 

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams-season&team_id=HOU&year=2008

By that logic, it's definitely time for another change. I mean, they were wearing the yoga pants look when they went up 24-0 against the Chiefs and then lost in their most recent playoff game...

• Like 3

On 7/31/2023 at 7:23 AM, Old School Fool said:

I remember I played Madden '97 when I was six years old and they had the '83 Eagles in there and I saw the green bird logo and was like "Wow what?" I want to go on record and say the full bird logo sucks as a sports logo. It's just not a logo to put anywhere.

Both the bird logo and the old wordmark were terrible. The Eagles were in desperate need of a rebrand by 1996, but they've been in desperate need of another one since about 2008, too, when you finally started to see some resistance to the dark-n-fade across leagues (Oilers, Brewers, Rams, Penguins). 

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

Both the bird logo and the old wordmark were terrible. The Eagles were in desperate need of a rebrand by 1996, but they've been in desperate need of another one since about 2008, too, when you finally started to see some resistance to the dark-n-fade across leagues (Oilers, Brewers, Rams, Penguins). 

xDe5klU.png

The Eagles are a team that just struggled for a decent logo for decades until 1996. I always liked the 1969-1972 logo though. The 1987-1995 one is just stupid, it's super detailed and too wide, it doesn't work at all.

By the way here's an interesting fact from Todd Radom, the Eagles were thinking of killing the helmet wings and having hunter green, black and red as the colors.

A December 1995 item in The Philadelphia Inquirer, headlined “No Stars in New Helmet,” said that “Eagles brass has ruled out a helmet redesign that included a large Cowboys-style star circled by smaller stars as replacements for the wings.”

It went on to say “(t)hough it is hard to believe, the Eagles are considering altering the traditional wings on the helmets…”

“The Eagles, sources said, do appear to have committed to a switch to Hunter green (darker than Kelly), and are considering adding some red and black trim to the uniform.”

I guess we should just be grateful for the midnight green era being the way it is.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 6

bSLCtu2.png

On 8/1/2023 at 4:47 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Since when was this logo a thing?

F2dbUXNX0AAMGlS?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.lids.com/nfl-seattle-seahawks/seattle-seahawks-new-era-city-originals-9fifty-snapback-hat-cream/navy/o-3505+t-81939386+p-6800119924036+z-9-1736703899?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r11c1:po-34

EDIT: I don’t think it ever was a thing. Seems to be New Era designed logos specifically for this iteration of team hats.

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, this was a thing. Thanks @JQK

I do not remember these at all. Must be a fauxback style hat for the 1983-2001 look.