NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

11 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I swear, that uniform reminds me of this.

281424-10100347180464489-641933425-n-0.j

It's as if Snyder was specifically looking for what was hip in college football a decade ago. Out of touch doesn't even begin to describe it.

Those GT helmets were something else.

5 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Those GT helmets were something else.

Georgia Tech has a perfectly serviceable helmet when they just wear the plain metallic gold with “GT” in white with navy blue outlines. I get wanting to play up the bee theme, but they’ve always looked great when they’ve kept it simple. 

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Georgia Tech has a perfectly serviceable helmet when they just wear the plain metallic gold with “GT” in white with navy blue outlines. I get wanting to play up the bee theme, but they’ve always looked great when they’ve kept it simple. 

That was Russell trying to come up with something to keep them in the game. And boy did it fail. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Georgia Tech’s “ghost” uniforms

I just don’t get it. How are these teams doing a better job at being the Saints than the actual Saints?
F7H9n1TWsAAa1zx?format=jpg&name=large

Why on god's green earth would anyone in Atlanta want to cheer for a team cosplaying as the Saints? That's a befuddling set even by BFBS standards.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I really like the Ravens and Jaguars uniforms, for very similar reasons.

- Purple and teal both go well with black.

- Unique fonts that aren't obnoxious.

- I love logo-only colors when applied right, especially gold. The gold on the Jaguar head and the Ravens' logos create a nice "badge" look that's used tastefully. I wouldn't be opposed to the Jags using gold on the numbers like Baltimore does, but they're fine without it. 

- Their all-black uniforms actually look good (as an alternate) and vibe with their mascot/identity. 

- They have simple designs, but can mix things up with different color blocking. Ravens look good in black over purple, as well as purple over black. Just as the Jags look good in black over teal, or teal over black. Both teams' away uniforms should be white jersey over team-color (not black) pants. 

Kind of amazing that the Ravens have had this set for so long. They should keep them forever. I fear the day that they feel the need to change and we lose this classic look.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

On 9/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, PERRIN said:

Why on god's green earth would anyone in Atlanta want to cheer for a team cosplaying as the Saints? That's a befuddling set even by BFBS standards.

Yeah, but haven't ya heard? Black is such a cool color! Everyone wants to wear it!

- 90% of American football teams in the mid to late 2010s (including my high school football team who changed to wear it as the primary home uniform).

Don't want to seem presumptuous, but it seems outside of this random black obsession from Adidas this year, we've mostly bucked the BFBS trend, or it isn't as big as it used to be.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 9/28/2023 at 7:09 PM, VikWings said:

I opened the thread and thought this was Purdue at first.

Does Purdue have glow-in-the-dark numbers? Didn’t think so. 

(Not that you can tell from that photo, but supposedly all the white elements of that uniform glow. Which is no doubt why it was worn for a DAY GAME.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

21 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Don't want to seem presumptuous, but it seems outside of this random black obsession from Adidas this year, we've mostly bucked the BFBS trend, or it isn't as big as it used to be.

Ahem

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 1

35 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

FWIW, the Colts one looks the best. It’s picking thorns off a rose bush, but Indy’s isn’t as heinous as the others.

I'd argue in terms of helmets:

1. Jets

2. Indy

3. Washington

UNiforms? Indy's is the best by far but that doesn't say much

• Like 5

Just now, WBeltz said:

I'd argue in terms of helmets:

1. Jets

2. Indy

3. Washington

UNiforms? Indy's is the best by far but that doesn't say much

All Indy had to do was have the regular white helmet with the horseshoe outlined in black, go black/blue/black on the stripe, and black facemask 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

FWIW, the Colts one looks the best. It’s picking thorns off a rose bush, but Indy’s isn’t as heinous as the others.

The Colts’ BFBS uniform looks like what a Midwestern high school team would wear. “Indiana Nights” indeed. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

On 10/2/2023 at 11:25 AM, DCarp1231 said:

All Indy had to do was have the regular white helmet with the horseshoe outlined in black, go black/blue/black on the stripe, and black facemask 

What is this nonsense? There is absolutely no reason to have black in this uniform, other than to appease the small attention spans of the general public. Remove all the black in that uniform and you create a much more cohesive uniform that matches the colts brand for last 70 years.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1