NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

35 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

All the more puzzling after the Titans went heavy on navy for their new uniforms. I thought that might be indicative of possibly letting Houston reclaim Columbia down the road, but now they are doubling down on this. It’s only going to get more difficult now with merchandise sales factoring in to the decision.

Tennessee wearing navy/red is the cherry on top for me. If you’re going to insist on keeping Luv Ya Blue, at least let them have their navy/red.

spacer.png

I seriously doubt the Titan have a cohesive idea behind their uniforms

20 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I know I tried to brainstorm some Titans stuff a while back in this thread: what about Aegean blue as a color?

Subaru Aegean Blue 340Wood Mode | Deep Aegean

It's giving me some Slate Blue vibes, which I can dig. Pairing it with the regular red and a gold/copper color could produce a good look. They could also emulate a terrible Avs third design.

2879378-4745952-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESP

• Like 2

I guess the way to do Tennessee + Titans would be the dark royal and red from the Tennessee flag combined with the Greek color. Pulling up the copper from the old Copperheads concepts is interesting but takes us back to the Crapitals/Wizards palette.

Speaking of the Aegean Sea, I found out I've been mispronouncing Ege Bamyasi for 17 years but I had no one in my life who could tell me. More like Can't.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Am I nuts or did the white stripe on the Rams yellow pants look a little wider this year?

For comp:

usatsi_21605205.jpg

I have no input on the width of the Rams' stripe, but just want to say that it's nice seeing this particular simple two-color stripe design, which has always felt very 1980s to me, on both teams in this pic. It is nearly extinct.

• Like 4

Going with an Aegean blue color could work well for the Titans given their name and the general Greek vibe going on in Nashville (they have their own Parthenon). Add some bronze like the early 2000's Oilers and they might be onto something.

Actually the entire state has a weird Hellenistic thing going on given that everything in Memphis (actually that whole region extending into Southern Illinois) has an Egyptian vibe.

Just now, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I have no input on the width of the Rams' stripe, but just want to say that it's nice seeing this particular simple two-color stripe design, which has always felt very 1980s to me, on both teams in this pic. It is nearly extinct.

The bi-color stripe is great but neither team uses the classic version. The Rams stripes are asymmetrical and the Eagles are also asymmetrical but with a grey stripe between the two colors.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Am I nuts or did the white stripe on the Rams yellow pants look a little wider this year?

For comp:

usatsi_21605205.jpg

NFL-Eagles-vs.-Rams-10-8-2023-10.jpg

Previous Years:

kyrse0wtq15nivnyqoue.jpg

1245160690.0.jpg

It’s probably due to the new template. Notice how the perforations in the back go all the way down on the old template, but there are two distinct “sections” on the new one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The bi-color stripe is great but neither team uses the classic version. The Rams stripes are asymmetrical and the Eagles are also asymmetrical but with a grey stripe between the two colors.

The Commanders really need to bring back their old pants stripe.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

It’s the Joe Gibbs look. 

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

I know I tried to brainstorm some Titans stuff a while back in this thread: what about Aegean blue as a color?

Subaru Aegean Blue 340Wood Mode | Deep Aegean

It doesn't seem like anyone can definitively agree on what "Aegean blue" is, but it seems to be a mid-saturation blue-grey. Pretty close to the old Seahawks Blue of the 2000s, but far enough from Luv Ya Blue and plain old navy blue.

A color like this needs to be paired with something more vibrant to avoid coming off as drab and muted. But even then it still might not work. Those 2000s Seahawks uniforms had lime green accents but they were still among some of the most lifeless uniforms in the NFL. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Their burgundy pants from a distance looked to only have a gold stripe which I loved.

Oddly enough, the Football Team aesthetic solved a small problem with the original Gibbs look in that they removed the helmet stripes which that set inherited from the 70's which, though lovely, didn't match the bicolor striping.

#BringBacktheFootballTeam

1161850882.0.jpg

1286054210.0.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Oddly enough, the Football Team aesthetic solved a small problem with the original Gibbs look in that they removed the helmet stripes which that set inherited from the 70's which, though lovely, didn't match the bicolor striping.

1161850882.0.jpg

1286054210.0.jpg

I remember their first season as WFT, during a pregame show on TV a helmet graphic was used that featured a burgundy helmet with a white facemask and it truthfully didn’t look half bad IMO.

I almost wish we got to see it in action 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

1161850882.0.jpg

1286054210.0.jpg

But that's tantamount to saying those Gibbs-era helmets look better without stripes, which is absolutely not the case. The identity may have been abhorrent, but the helmets have always been gorgeous. 

I'm actually not bothered by the two-striped pants with a three-striped helmet. It would be worse if they both had three stripes and were mismatched, but I don't see it as an issue as it was at the time. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

1161850882.0.jpg

1286054210.0.jpg

Don't know why, but I always loved those pants.

• Like 5