2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

20 hours ago, heavybass said:

League descends down on the Lions for some ungodly reason other than let's :censored: up their season before the year begins.

genuinely how do you have the worst possible take on every single thing that ever happens in any sport? it's almost impressive.

53Ocz8U.png

8 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

genuinely how do you have the worst possible take on every single thing that ever happens in any sport? it's almost impressive.

Consistency mostly and mostly because here the NFL :censored:ed up by having Fanduel as a sponsor for gambling

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, heavybass said:

NFL :censored:ed up by having Fanduel as a sponsor for gambling

How was it the NFL that screwed up as opposed to the players who knowingly broke the rules, even after already seeing what the consequences can be? 

It's pretty simple.  The players want a share of revenue.  Revenue is higher when scummy companies like FanDuel partner up with the league.  That revenue stream only lasts as long as the players don't gamble (and the league itself is at risk if the players gamble) yet the players decided to gamble, therefore putting a portion of their revenue at risk, as well as putting their entire employer at risk.  So those seemingly innocuous bets that they make to try and win whatever sum could cost them an exponentially-higher sum.

In conclusion, they're complete idiots.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

How long before we see a fist fight between this new hire and Darius Slay?

Yeah that's being talked about a lot.  Apparently they consulted with Slay first and got his OK that things would be cool, but if FanDuel sets the over/under for confrontations at 1.5, I'll take the over.

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Yeah that's being talked about a lot.  Apparently they consulted with Slay first and got his OK that things would be cool, but if FanDuel sets the over/under for confrontations at 1.5, I'll take the over.

If during the season, we see Slay yell at someone on the sidelines, we will know who.

41 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

If during the season, we see Slay yell at someone on the sidelines, we will know who.

apparently he won't be on the sidelines, just up in the booth.  

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'm trying to figure how high the total has to be set to take the under. Is it 3.5? Or is that still too low?

It's where I sit.

Neither one of them will actually pocket $300M from their next contracts.

On 4/21/2023 at 8:49 AM, heavybass said:

League descends down on the Lions for some ungodly reason other than let's :censored: up their season before the year begins.

They’ll be alright. But imo I think they’ll have to address a receiver early in the draft. I hate to say it, but I hope Williams doesn’t become a bust

• Like 1

I'd love (not really) to go back and read all the negative things I said about that pick.  To be fair, it had nothing at all to do with Hurts personally, but just the fact that they seemingly wasted a second-rounder on a QB that would ideally never see the field.

According to Adam Schefter, Aaron Rodgers  is finally heading to the Jets

Aaron Rodgers is being traded to the New York Jets, sources tell ESPN.

Trade compensation:

Jets get:
🏈Pick No. 15, Rodgers and a 2023 5th-round pick (No. 170).

Packers get:
🏈Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-round pick (No. 42), a 6th-round pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65 percent of plays.

Finally.  Lousy son of a :censored: is out of the division and the conference and I have a couple games each year where I don't have to watch my team get punched in the sack.

They'll get a HoFer at QB before long, whether it's Love or whoever, they'll not suffer for more than a year, if that.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter