College baseball 2023

CaliforniaGlowin

On 3/3/2023 at 12:59 PM, WestCoastBias said:

Also, I think Washington's "W" just looks wrong on a baseball hat. They should go with a more classic version of the "W" like what Don James used to wear. Could be a little close to Washington State's "W" baseball logo though.

GettyImages-185492721-1024x760.jpg

DNFLa9AVwAAmKnW.jpg:large

Agreed. That classic W would look much better for baseball. It would be similar in concept to what Minnesota baseball does with their caps—using their historical unbordered M—compared to the rest of the athletic department branding.

EDIT: Just noticed that the Gophers are using a different Minnesota script than the original for their throwback pullovers. Strange because Gopher hockey sometimes uses a script that looks pretty close to that old baseball script.

2023_Class_O33Bv.PNG

6731465.0.0.jpeg

Winfield_Dave_04.0.jpg

20191110_140602_1024x1024.jpg?v=15734200

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

Agreed. That classic W would look much better for baseball. It would be similar in concept to what Minnesota baseball does with their caps—using their historical unbordered M—compared to the rest of the athletic department branding.

EDIT: Just noticed that the Gophers are using a different Minnesota script than the original for their throwback pullovers. Strange because Gopher hockey sometimes uses a script that looks pretty close to that old baseball script.

2023_Class_O33Bv.PNG

6731465.0.0.jpeg

Winfield_Dave_04.0.jpg

Love those Twins inspired gray pinstripes 

• Like 3

Auburn Softball has three new uniform sets this year. The blue and greys are the most interesting, with large Northwestern Stripes on the pants, sleeves, and collar. Full breakdown of all the designs and changes on my site here.

auburn softball 2023 new uniforms under armour navy white grey tigers script wordmark logo

• Like 1

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 3/7/2023 at 8:32 AM, jerrylawless3 said:

ECU unveiled... these.

Well that's.. purple. Catching some throwback K-State vibes from those...

On 3/8/2023 at 5:55 PM, Mingjai said:

2023_Class_O33Bv.PNG

6731465.0.0.jpeg

Winfield_Dave_04.0.jpg

Is there a reason why that cap M was so big? That's bordering on old-school Ohio State TV number territory.

20 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Auburn Softball has three new uniform sets this year. The blue and greys are the most interesting, with large Northwestern Stripes on the pants, sleeves, and collar. Full breakdown of all the designs and changes on my site here.

auburn softball 2023 new uniforms under armour navy white grey tigers script wordmark logo

I've long wondered what Auburn's away football uniforms would look like with navy pants. Now I know.

And they should totally try that sometime...

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Vanderbilt went with Lou Gehrig tribute jerseys in their matchup versus Belmont at the Sounds' home.

Normally without name on back, names made an appearance, since everyone had a 4 on their back. Their everyday uniform number was rendered in small font on the sleeve.

FrN-FBLWIAA8cp6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FrOgWsLXgAIsFsn?format=jpg&name=large

FrO0dtlWYAEclKJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

29 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Vanderbilt went with Lou Gehrig tribute jerseys in their matchup versus Belmont at the Sounds' home.

Normally without name on back, names made an appearance, since everyone had a 4 on their back. Their everyday uniform number was rendered in small font on the sleeve.

It looks like the hats and helmets still have the old block V despite changing the logo in, what, July? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

FrOgWsLXgAIsFsn?format=jpg&name=large

FrO0dtlWYAEclKJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Neat way to make a V out of the New York Yankees logo font. Does Gehrig have any ties to Vanderbilt or Nashville to have a dedicated uniform for him or is this just a reason to have a fun alt?

New cream uniforms for Georgia. I am curious if this is possibly an indication of future changes to come. With the football team moving away from the Bulldog Bold font, this could be foreshadowing for baseball, too. We saw how Georgia football introduced two alternates in 2020, neither of which had Bulldog Bold and then the font was gone from the uniforms completely by 2022.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

Ohio State Baseball as of today:

My biggest gripe with these uniforms (and the throwback hockey uniforms they wore last month) is the recreated fonts. You'll notice the letters are cleaned up more than they should be, such as the "U" curving outward on most (not all) of the original uniforms. The hockey uniforms used the standard Clarendon font instead of modifying the numbers a little bit (note the No. 2 on the hockey uniforms vs the more accurate font on the Buckeyes' 2010 Pro Combat uniforms), as well. Most people don't notice that, though, and they're beautiful otherwise. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 12:36 PM, aawagner011 said:

New cream uniforms for Georgia. I am curious if this is possibly an indication of future changes to come. With the football team moving away from the Bulldog Bold font, this could be foreshadowing for baseball, too. We saw how Georgia football introduced two alternates in 2020, neither of which had Bulldog Bold and then the font was gone from the uniforms completely by 2022.

Its a clean look and script team names should work for a baseball uniform, but when I see Bulldogs in script I immediately think of Fresno State. It just doesnt look like a uniform I would associate with Georgia. Maybe if the uniform had a black outline or trimming it would fit better

Mentioned it previously, but Auburn has 3 new uniforms so far this year. I broke down all the details and the historic context of the designs on my site this week. There have been questions about an orange and white colorway, which I think are coming.

2023-baseball-uniforms.png

• Like 2

ojNNazQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In yet another Auburn Baseball uniform development, the Tigers debuted a new orange jersey this past weekend. They also sported new throwback hats in honor of Frank Thomas, who had a statue unveiled outside the ballpark on Saturday.

2023-baseball-hat-statue.png

ojNNazQ.jpg