2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

2 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

To steer this back from the dumpster fire its headed in.

I see Gritty don't have a new jersey yet but instead is wearing "A NEW ERA OF ORANGE" tank top for now.

Supply chain problems 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

To steer this back from the dumpster fire its headed in.

I see Gritty don't have a new jersey yet but instead is wearing "A NEW ERA OF ORANGE" tank top for now.

Untill I see the new uniforms on the ice and on our beloved orange abomination, I will reserve judgement on the new uniforms.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

And you’ve completely missed the point of the pride celebrations. It has nothing to do with “what people do in the bedroom”, it’s about acknowledging a group that’s historically been vilified by western society & generally unwelcome within the world of men’s sports. Kids don’t view it as a sexual thing in the same way that they don’t view straight couples as sexual things. It’s conservative adults who seem to keep projecting sexuality onto the whole debate. 

Ok. I mean, you can say that, but sexuality is literally the only thing that makes the LGBTQ community a community. Just because you spin it into  "acknowledging a group that’s historically been vilified" doesn't mean it isn't about sexuality. It's literally 100000% about sexuality. If it wasn't, there would be no group to acknowledge 😂

Just like if there weren't different races, there would be no reason to celebrate the great Jackie Robinson. That celebration is 100% about race. 

Race issues - a good lesson for children

People's sexual activities - your free to do what you want, but doesn't really need to be a topic at a Blue Jackets and Red Wings game

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 3
  • Dislike 3
  • Facepalm 4

6 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

People's sexual activities - your free to do what you want, but doesn't really need to be a topic at a Blue Jackets and Red Wings game

So I guess we should ban the kiss cam or people proposing during sporting events? Wouldn’t want to have to explain what straight people are to the innocent children in the crowd. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Facepalm 2

9 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Devil's advocate here....this may have something to do with the Adidas deal ending this upcoming season for production purposes.

The specialty jerseys are not going away.  Teams can still have them.  The players just won't be wearing them.  So, no, it's not Adidas saying no, we don't want to make them anymore.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl-eliminates-themed-warmup-jerseys-following-pride-night-controversies-in-2022-23/#:~:text=Starting in the 2023-24,league's Board of Governors meeting.

Bettman said that Pride nights -- and all specialty nights -- are here to stay in the NHL. The only change will be that players no longer wear themed jerseys in warmups.

"Absolutely, 32 of our clubs did Pride nights. Some do Heritage nights," Bettman said. "Everyone does Hockey Fights Cancer. Some do military nights. All of those nights will continue. The only issue will be -- or the only difference will be -- we aren't going to change jerseys for warmups because really that has become more of a distraction from the essence of what the purposes of these nights are."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Ok. I mean, you can say that, but sexuality is literally the only thing that makes the LGBTQ community a community. Just because you spin it into  "acknowledging a group that’s historically been vilified" doesn't mean it isn't about sexuality. It's literally 100000% about sexuality. If it wasn't, there would be no group to acknowledge.

The T in LGBT literally has nothing to do with sexuality but alright.

I mean, whether contemporary LGBTQ identity intrinsically has to do with sexuality is kind of irrelevant. Sex and sexuality (or the lack thereof) are arguably just as central to the human experience as race and gender are. Sexuality, race, and gender are unchangeable aspects of human identity that transcend culture, nationality, etc.  Is it not worth celebrating and honoring all the things that make us human?

To bring it all back to the warmup jerseys, I think the league’s decision is a disappointing one — even from an aesthetic standpoint. I mean, look at the warmup jerseys produced by the Canucks, Kraken, Coyotes, etc. that went out of their way to honor local artists and extend each team’s brand. I think it’s a shame that teams won’t be able to put those causes and artists on the biggest pedestal in the hockey world.

Edited by DTConcepts
automod removing the Q in LGBTQ
  • Like 12
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Ok. I mean, you can say that, but sexuality is literally the only thing that makes the LGBTQ community a community. Just because you spin it into  "acknowledging a group that’s historically been vilified" doesn't mean it isn't about sexuality. It's literally 100000% about sexuality. If it wasn't, there would be no group to acknowledge 😂

Just like if there weren't different races, there would be no reason to celebrate the great Jackie Robinson. That celebration is 100% about race. 

Question. If you see a guy and his girlfriend out do you immediately obsess over what they do in bed? No? Then why do you seem to obsess over what my boyfriend and I do in bed? 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Question. If you see a guy and his girlfriend out do you immediately obsess over what they do in bed? No? Then why do you seem to obsess over what my boyfriend and I do in bed? 

Because homosexuality is not heterosexuality. If you think they are interchangeable you might want to rethink your worldview. 

• Huh? 8
  • Yawn 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, BuckDancer said:

Because homosexuality is not heterosexuality. If you think they are interchangeable you might want to rethink your worldview. 

Oh why don't you tell me all about it Mr. Dysgenics?

Just now, IceCap said:

Answer the question. 

Heterosexuality is adaptive. It is our evolutionary match. Homosexuality is not, It is a marker of civilizational declension. Read John Glubbs essay The Fate of Empires where he explains that all empires/civilizations follow almost the exact same blueprint when they enter the period of decline in their civilizational cycle. These same markers almost always become prominent with few exceptions. 

• LOL 4
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

So, Flyers... 

I like most of the changes here, but those sleeve numbers need outlines and I personally would've added an extra thin stripe of white/orange to each hem over top the black (much like Columbus's current hems). Just thos two tweaks and these would be pretty much perfect. 

• Like 1

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I could tell we were headed toward this for months and I think it's ultimately the right move in the grand scheme of things if it takes down military warmup uniforms and other stuff like that. 

I find hockey particularly ill-suited to identity-politics atomization on two levels: not just the team-over-individual nature of the game itself but also the fact that all this culture-war discourse is America working through its issues and burdening Canadians and Europeans with it. It just doesn't make intuitive sense the way it might in, say, football, and I hate all the one-off promotional garbage there even more.

3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

The T in LGBT literally has nothing to do with sexuality but alright.

I think that's a reach, but then again, you can find people inside and outside the movement who have big feelings about the T in LGBT.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 6/23/2023 at 10:40 PM, BuckDancer said:

Heterosexuality is adaptive. It is our evolutionary match. Homosexuality is not, It is a marker of civilizational declension. Read John Glubbs essay The Fate of Empires where he explains that all empires/civilizations follow almost the exact same blueprint when they enter the period of decline in their civilizational cycle. These same markers almost always become prominent with few exceptions. 

I'm well read and well educated enough to understand that the people who """read""" a single essay or paper and use it as the bedrock of their entire worldview are just smart enough for their stupidity to be dangerous. I'm also educated enough to understand that an integral part analyzing any historic work is understanding "bias" and "context." What a mid-20th century British Army officer thinks isn't really pertinent to things in 2023, outside of a historiographical context. 

All of which is to say that I think you've done a bang up job rebranding good ole' fashion homophobia as something pseudo-intellectual. 

OH! One last thing. See you wanna talk about the decline of civilizations and empires... 

The British Empire still criminalized homosexuality when the sun finally set and the Romans? Well Christian morals had completely replaced traditional pagan morals in Rome when the Western Empire fell.

So if your argument here is "teh gayz" are hallmark of an empire's decline then you're kind of reaching. 

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, IceCap said:

If you see a guy and his girlfriend out do you immediately obsess over what they do in bed?

why do you seem to obsess over what my boyfriend and I do in bed? 

Depends, what are they wearing?

I'd ask what your boyfriend is wearing, but you and I have known each other a long time and I don't want to make things weird between us. 😉

Just trying to lighten the mood. I'll see myself out.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Depends, what are they wearing?

I'd ask what your boyfriend is wearing, but you and I have known each other a long time and I don't want to make things weird between us. 😉

Just trying to lighten the mood. I'll see myself out.

Chances are I'm in a Leafs sweater and he's in a Sharks sweater. 

We bond over shared crushed dreams 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

9 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Chances are I'm in a Leafs sweater and he's in a Sharks sweater. 

We bond over shared crushed dreams 

Do you take turns on who wears the respective Marleau and Thornton jerseys?

Edit: Or break out the Toskala's on special occasions?

• LOL 1

IbjBaeE.png