2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

22 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

I mean, I do. It falls under the "little quirks in uniforms you like" for me. 

For me, it's under the "big goofy crap that is an eyesore and ruins uniforms and I can't believe it's lasted so long" category.

Actually Philly has several elements that have stuck around forever: The contrasting nameplates, the Phillies sleeve numbers, and everything about the Eagles.

• Like 4
  • Yawn 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

6 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

Honestly, the changes are barely noticeable. They could've just kept the existing uniforms but changed the shade of orange and it would've been fine. These are pointless and the contrasting nameplates continue to be terrible.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

😆

I have no idea how anyone can look at the jerseys side by side and have that response.

philadelphia-flyers-new-uniforms-compare

The hem is a big change and the change in the collar is pretty noticable. 

• Like 3

Also a fan of the nameplates. Thickening the arm stripes for the shoulder numbers is a good move. Probably should have outlines to match the back numbers (or all single layer numbers).  Lateral move with the hemstripe.

Another example further cementing that the people who defended ads are clowns.

• Like 4

Just now, VampyrRabbit said:

I have no idea how anyone can look at the jerseys side by side and have that response.

To those of us on the forums, yes its noticable.  To the general fan, not so much.

• Like 5

Just now, TBGKon said:

To those of us on the forums, yes its noticable.  To the general fan, not so much.

I'm pretty sure people are going to notice Gritty has a new set of threads. In light of that, I will reserve judgement until I see these on the ice and also being modelled by that wonderful orange monstrosity.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't think most fans will notice (which makes me wonder what the change does for jersey sales). It's not quite "Vikings logo update" subtle but most fans don't get hung up on some of the details that have changed.

The more I look at this the more I think the sleeve numbers look really cheap and beer league-ish and I'm starting to prefer the old ones.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

When s

9 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

philadelphia-flyers-new-uniforms-compare

Seeing them side to side makes this change a pretty big upgrade. I know its minor but the change in Orange and the black hem/necks make this a winner

• Like 1

I like new look overall. It’s cleaner. The one gripe is the black number on the sleeve. I wish it were orange outlined in black, but I get it’s an inverse of the back number. I think these may stick out too much, but it’s a relatively minor quibble.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I don’t understand how it’s “cleaner”. The previous ones were about as “clean” as it gets, and now there’s the distraction of the mismatched sleeve numbers. 

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I don’t understand how it’s “cleaner”. The previous ones were about as “clean” as it gets, and now there’s the distraction of the mismatched sleeve numbers. 

I think it’s that the numbers (while mismatched) fit inside the sleeve stripe, the bottom stripe matches the bottom of the arm, and the consistent collars. 

• Like 5

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I wish the sleeve numbers were outlined (orange outlines on the black numbers and black outlines on the white), and get rid of the nameplates. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They could use outlines, but I am beyond happy that they fixed the shoulder numbers; I hated how they bled off the arm stripes.

It feels like the color balance is a little better on these as well (not too much white, more black).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

I feel like it needs the black trim/piping to separate the orange and white, but that's not a deal breaker and my other nitpick is that the sleeve numbers give a knockoff feel without the outlines, but otherwise these are pretty good, the darker orange is an improvement. 

And we all know the ad is bad.

Huge missed opportunity though by keeping the current black alternate, instead of color swapping the orange, but that might only be temporary. Those black jerseys from the Lindros era were beloved.

The single-layer numbers look cheap as hell, the black nameplates on white are a contrivance, and it would have been nice to keep the black trim between white and orange. It's a shadow of what it should be, which tracks, because the Flyers organization is a shadow of what it once was.

IBX: Internal Bowel Xploration

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫