2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

49 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Could be nothing, could be something. Mateychuk is in blue pants with the Blue Jackets home jersey for his rookie shoot.

Maybe I'm just used to them as a Rangers fan, but I think the red pants looked better with the home jersey. That home jersey really only has some piping and the names/numbers to break up all the navy, and it needed a block of brighter color in the pants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

Could be nothing, could be something. Mateychuk is in blue pants with the Blue Jackets home jersey for his rookie shoot.

Not even the regular blue pants, which have a red cuff on the bottom

columbus-blue-jackets--johnny-gaudreau--

I haven't heard about a switch to a full-time blue pant so this would be a surprise to me. 

As for how it looks with the home jerseys and socks - As a fan, I'm not a fan. Red pants are the way to go at home, blue pants are the way to go on the road. 

• Like 8

PvO6ZWJ.png

It is nothing.  You can just make out a Blue Jackets player behind Bedard and he's got the red pants at the NHLPA rookie showcase.  At their rookie camp, the players also were in red pants.  The blue pants look good with the road uniforms, but the home needs the red to break up all that blue since the hem stripes are so thin.

spacer.png

F5RHHT_bgAA8qmH?format=webp&name=small

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Huh. Is that Oilers logo a callback to any previous hockey team in Edmonton?

The 1952 Edmonton Mercurys. A ragtag group of amateur hockey players from Edmonton who won gold in the 1952 Olympics.

item_69986_1.jpg

They were the last Canadian team to win Olympic gold until 2002.

I think it's a good look for the Oilers to lean on, as it certainly lends itself well to their own identity. Excited to see what Calgary will look like.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

The 1952 Edmonton Mercurys. A ragtag group of amateur hockey players from Edmonton who won gold in the 1952 Olympics.

item_69986_1.jpg

They were the last Canadian team to win Olympic gold until 2002.

I think it's a good look for the Oilers to lean on, as it certainly lends itself well to their own identity. Excited to see what Calgary will look like.

I think Oilers are going with that but blue instead of orange 

4 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

Whats Calgary throwing back to?

Given the Oilers are throwing back to the Mercurys, my best bet is Calgary is matching that and going with a Stampeders-based design. Given the logo matches near-identically (just with Flames branding), it may based on this design;

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Could also be a nod to the old Oil Kings logo.

spacer.png

Mercurys is the name that's been tossed around since the beginning, so I doubt it's related to that. Plus, the logo the Oilers are using is basically identical to the Mercurys in having the banner and text below a logo instead of surrounding it like that Oil Kings one.

Not sure if this is the place to post, but the Sabers have a new center ice design. It appears they are using the roundel as the center circle.

I'm not sure I've seen this before in the NHL. I love it! There is no need for the current circle-in-a-circle look.
F5sTiQxbkAA-1Vq?format=jpg&name=large

The NBA has all but eliminated solid center circles instead opting for thing outlines and larger logos.

FswfgXnaMAEKMmj.jpg

I think the NHL should experiment with the same idea. Larger center ice logos, that cover the center redline and aren't bound by the center circle. Something like this!
ob7f2bh.png
You can see my ideas for every team in the Concepts forum.

• Like 2

How long has it been a thing for NHL teams to add their own little decorative alt logos to the centrelines on the rink? I'm liking this new trend...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

How long has it been a thing for NHL teams to add their own little decorative alt logos to the centrelines on the rink? I'm liking this new trend...

It's been going on for years. I can say at least 10-12 from what I can remember. Somewhere around 2010 or 2012 I remember the Kings started doing that and I think a few of them were doing it prior to that.

• WOAH 1