2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

On 2023-10-03 at 7:30 AM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

That's an interesting case. Where would they put the ads on the jersey that doesn't have a traditional crest? Obviously, it would look cluttered if it's just the normal placement, but would putting it at the shoulder area work?

I'm only saying this because inevitably the Rangers will get an ad patch somewhere done the line. Really, we just don't know when.

So (tagging @ruttep as well), the penguins third already has an ad patch. It's not exactly the same as as the rangers, but it's close

usatsi_20410616_168388612_lowres.jpg

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

42 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

So (tagging @ruttep as well), the penguins third already has an ad patch. It's not exactly the same as as the rangers, but it's close

usatsi_20410616_168388612_lowres.jpg

As I said, looks terrible. The captaincy patch should never have another patch next to it. (The Finals jerseys and this year's Ducks home jerseys also have this problem)

spacer.png

I don't notice much of a difference.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I love the new Flyers jerseys, until I get to the numbers. They are a number outline away from greatness.

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

6 hours ago, nash61 said:

I love the new Flyers jerseys, until I get to the numbers. They are a number outline away from greatness.

Agreed, the numbers just need an outline to be perfect. In a perfect world, there also wouldn't be contrasting nameplates, but at this point it's unrealistic to think the Flyers will ever get rid of them.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

Graphic with Jonathan Huberdeau, Mikael Backlund, and MacKenzie Weegar, with the text Jersey Schedule

Graphic with the 27 dates the Flames will be wearing their red home jerseys

Graphic with the 38 games the Flames will wear their road whites

Graphic with the 13 dates the Flames will wear the Blasty jersey in 2023-24

Graphic with the 3 dates the Flames will wear their Heritage Classic jerseys

So apparently we don't get a single game in the Battle of Alberta this year with both teams in their primary uniforms. Fair trade off for getting an outdoor BoA, I guess.

But since both teams went back to their retro looks, it's one of the nicest matchups in the league.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

So apparently we don't get a single game in the Battle of Alberta this year with both teams in their primary uniforms. Fair trade off for getting an outdoor BoA, I guess.

But since both teams went back to their retro looks, it's one of the nicest matchups in the league.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another thing to noticed that the game in Vegas must mean that they are wearing Winter Classic jersey

When you have a classic logo, you should make sure not to wear it 15% of the time and replace it with a flaming-snot horse from when the team really sucked and everyone wore unnecessary black.

• Like 9
  • Yawn 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

When you have a classic logo, you should make sure not to wear it 15% of the time and replace it with a flaming-snot horse from when the team really sucked and everyone wore unnecessary black.

It's probably to appeal to the smooth brains out there that still think there should be black in the Flames' color scheme.

spacer.png

This is not a bad uniform (I would argue it isn't anything special either), but it does not make sense for the Flames. It gets repeated a lot, but the black in the logo does make the "C" look "burned out"

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

It's probably to appeal to the smooth brains out there that still think there should be black in the Flames' color scheme.

spacer.png

This is not a bad uniform (I would argue it isn't anything special either), but it does not make sense for the Flames. It gets repeated a lot, but the black in the logo does make the "C" look "burned out"

I'd be one of the few to argue that it IS in fact a bad uniform.  The bottom half looks like it's swallowing up the red portion of the jersey.  The weird chevron comes up far too high, taking up way too much space and the point doesn't follow a natural flow in any meaningful way.  It's like they took two completely random jerseys and stiched them together.  Also the black C is terrible.  

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

zzPEfBm.png

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

Because darker = tougher? That's the only explanation why they kept it.

On 10/5/2023 at 10:24 AM, nash61 said:

For the home jersey, they made the arm numbers in the same style that they made the nameplates: black on white. They now have some sort of consistency with the black letters. They no longer wanted huge overlapping orange numbers with a black outline like they used to have. So single color smaller block numbers are the option they went with.

For the away jersey, I agree that a black outline around the arm numbers would look better. I would have been fine with keeping the home intact and to add the outline to only the road set digits.

12 hours ago, steve61 said:

I'd be one of the few to argue that it IS in fact a bad uniform.  The bottom half looks like it's swallowing up the red portion of the jersey.  The weird chevron comes up far too high, taking up way too much space and the point doesn't follow a natural flow in any meaningful way.  It's like they took two completely random jerseys and stiched them together.  Also the black C is terrible.  

What are you talking about?

"The chevron comes up far too high, taking up way too much space"? The chevron is barely the bottom third of the jersey and the highest point doesn't seem any higher than the highest point of any basic hem striping.

"the point doesn't follow a natural flow in any meaningful way"? It's the middle of the jersey.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

53 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

What are you talking about?

"The chevron comes up far too high, taking up way too much space"? The chevron is barely the bottom third of the jersey and the highest point doesn't seem any higher than the highest point of any basic hem striping.

"the point doesn't follow a natural flow in any meaningful way"? It's the middle of the jersey.

All I'm saying is

spacer.png

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

spacer.png

Any day of the week.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 1