2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

48 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

That stacked wordmark is amazing. You just don't see that cursive style in sports outside of baseball these days. I want that all across the baseline even though I know it won't happen.

There's also a Horiztonal Version of that logo, with the script all in one line. Praying for that on the baseline, but we could maybe get the stacked version on one side of the baseline, and the stupid blank area on the other side to accommodate digital ads. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 4:13 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

The Pelicans have revised their logo for next season.

breaking-new-orleans-pelicans-update-log

Downgrade if you ask me. I hate the wordmark just floating like that. The Nets do the the same thing. Also feels very corporate-y.

Plus i like the little swirly design + fleur de lis at the top.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Now THAT is NICE!!! 

And also, did they change up the crown logo from last year? I don't recall those two cut lines being that obvious. Looks like they aimed to subtly evoke the mountains...which is sneakily clever if you ask me.

Oh and...SO glad they're keeping the purple. The gray really isn't even needed; either they should go back to silver or 86 it entirely. The rest of this logoset is top notch. I wanna see the new unis and especially the new number set now...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, tBBP said:

Now THAT is NICE!!! 

And also, did they change up the crown logo from last year? I don't recall those two cut lines being that obvious. Looks like they aimed to subtly evoke the mountains...which is sneakily clever if you ask me.

Oh and...SO glad they're keeping the purple. The gray really isn't even needed; either they should go back to silver or 86 it entirely. The rest of this logoset is top notch. I wanna see the new unis and especially the new number set now...

Yes the thick/obvious cut lines were there in 2016 cause I had the same thoughts, well except for it being clever, more tacky and too obvious to me. The older 80s-mid 90s logo did it better.

obviously nitpicking but i prefer the blue tinted grey. sorta makes all the difference for me as i think it slightly compliments the purple more. but other then that, im loving the cursive. a cursive branded team is exactly what the league has been needing and id honestly say that the kings were the best candidate to go in this direction. really embraces the whole royal theme. im hoping they come out with a real nice court design (please less black) and hopefully some a really good uniform set. 

• Like 4

On 6/28/2023 at 11:25 AM, Foxxtrot44 said:

I'm confused as this is the first I'm ever hearing of the Sacramento crown referencing the mountains.
Is this actually a thing or are people just misreading the overlapping crown elements ?

The original crown logo dates back to their days in KC/Omaha.  Any "mountains" connection to California is imagined by someone who does not realize that logos designed in the 1970s did not have a dozen "easter eggs" and hidden meanings contained in them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

The original crown logo dates back to their days in KC/Omaha.  Any "mountains" connection to California is imagined by someone who does to realize that logos designed in the 1970s did not have a dozen "easter eggs" and hidden meanings contained in them.

Then the lines are even more dumb.

Yes, the lines have been there since the KC-Omaha days, but they were made a lot more prevalent in the 2016 update. I dug back to find press releases from when the logo was announced and it actually doesn't seem to mean anything. I really thought it was for the mountains and I'm actually a little disappointed because I thought that was an excellent way to tie into California's natural landscape while keeping the logo intact.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

18 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

Yes, the lines have been there since the KC-Omaha days, but they were made a lot more prevalent in the 2016 update. I dug back to find press releases from when the logo was announced and it actually doesn't seem to mean anything. I really thought it was for the mountains and I'm actually a little disappointed because I thought that was an excellent way to tie into California's natural landscape while keeping the logo intact.

Yea looking at the original one

Kansas City Kings Team History | SPORTS TEAM HISTORY

The lines are trying to give the crown dimension, with the 3 big points and the 2 in the back.

But making those lines thicker, it loses that and just looks weird.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hat Boy said:

The original crown logo dates back to their days in KC/Omaha. 

Actually it dates back to their Cincinnati days.

5380.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

If the Kings did a purple and grey or black homage to either one of these sets with the new wordmark, I’d be pretty darn thrilled:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Count me in as a fan of that new stacked wordmark, too. That and the new “Kings” wordmark, are very, very nice.

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

If the Kings did a purple and grey or black homage to either one of these sets with the new wordmark, I’d be pretty darn thrilled:

spacer.png

A bit of a tangent here, but it will never cease to amaze me that the Kansas City-Omaha Kings were once a thing. One NBA team shared by two cities 180 miles apart. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, RichardWitham said:

they are meant to be a crown . they arent dumb at all

If you looked at the post I made after the one you quoted, you would see I said that.

The thickening of the lines ARE dumb, along with there being less crown in general to fit in Sacramento, so it does not really look like what its suppose to be portraying.