2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

On 11/29/2023 at 5:29 PM, kimball said:

I do feel like they should shift the games closer to Christmas and maybe do the Final on Christmas Day? Just a thought. 

Impossible, as the networks wouldn't have any specific game to promote, and wouldn't be able to guarantee that they're getting any specific market or team that they want.

Also (not that leagues give AF) unfair to arena employees and other impacted people who find out that they're working on Christmas only shortly before the day, when they've already made travel plans or want to spend it with family / friends.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, M4One said:

It's probably not possible, but I would imagine a game inside the Vegas Sphere would be something.  

There have already been too many visual distractions about everything but the gameplay when you're just trying to watch a basketball game these days. Let's not give them any more ideas.

3 hours ago, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

Wolves and Hornets in their throwbacks give us a rare good looking modern NBA uni matchup.

spacer.png

It's interesting to see this uniform matchup because it never happened in the past. Both teams switched to and from these uniforms within a year.

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

15 hours ago, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

Wolves and Hornets in their throwbacks give us a rare good looking modern NBA uni matchup.

spacer.png

Half-expected to see Vlade Divac and Kevin Garnett in this picture.

I'm somewhat shocked Nike got the pinstripes right for the Hornets, considering their throwbacks to the original set consistently had way too thick pinstripes.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 12/4/2023 at 10:10 AM, Cujo said:

Wild how the NBA  put more effort into awards and trophies for a bogus tournament then they do the real one

They introduced brand new Playoff and end of season awards just last year and they are all very good. The stuff that mattered more came first before the tournament.

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-introduces-new-lineup-of-postseason-hardware

https://www.nba.com/news/photos-nba-unveils-6-new-trophies-kia-performance-award-winners

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

So it will be Lakers vs. Pelicans in the in season tournament semifinal, and both of their city/in season tournament uniforms are black. Does that mean one team won’t be wearing their in season tournament uniform in the semi? lol lol 

Most of the matchups have been City (Home) vs. Association (White). I'll give them a pass this year just because of the late approval of the tournament. But, they should have clash set next year for the cup games.

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, Ark said:

This board will love the NBA now

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39058113/lakers-switch-black-uniforms-mandated-nba-source

Lakers' switch from black uniforms mandated by NBA

The Lakers are slated to wear their gold "icon" jerseys, according to their uniform schedule on the team website, which lists the colorway planned for every game for L.A. through the end of the regular season. The Pelicans will be in their white "association" uniforms.

The NBA is preventing the Lakers from wearing their black uniforms because of concerns over the visual contrast between the jerseys and the design of the specialized in-season court the semifinals will be played on at T-Mobile Arena, a source with knowledge of the subject told ESPN.

All of this effort for the In Season Tournament only for them to realize late in the game that the idea was stupid. Incredible job by Adam Silver. It's almost like regular uniform matchups and courts would have been this whole time!

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

bSLCtu2.png

13 hours ago, Ark said:

This board will love the NBA now

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39058113/lakers-switch-black-uniforms-mandated-nba-source

Lakers' switch from black uniforms mandated by NBA

Also from that story

When one Lakers player was informed the team wouldn't be allowed to wear black on Thursday, he replied, "That's ass."

🤣

• LOL 4

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

2k24 leak was correct:

Sorry for the double post here but all of this is getting more confounding the more I think about it. Why is the court blue and red -- and candidly, hideous shades of both of those colors -- when the entire tournament branding has been hitting us over the head with black and metallic gold? And if you're going to push the City uniforms as effective primary uniforms for this tournament, why would you not ensure that that initiative works in harmony with your court initiative for same?

Everything about this In-Season Tournament feels undercooked by half.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1