College Football 2023

MJWalker45

I didn’t think anything would come of this sign stealing scandal at first but now seeing this guy has bought tickets to 30 games including both sides of the field for OSU/PSU — and not at all discretely — Michigan/Harbaugh may actually be screwed.

Especially interesting is…

An opposing Big Ten school looked up in-stadium surveillance video from a game earlier this year, and sources said the person in the seat of the ticket purchased by Stalions held his smartphone up and appeared to film the home team's sideline the entire game.

Using electronic devices to steal signals seems like a much bigger offense than the advanced scouting by itself, which was kind of meh.

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

8 hours ago, See Red said:

I didn’t think anything would come of this sign stealing scandal at first but now seeing this guy has bought tickets to 30 games including both sides of the field for OSU/PSU — and not at all discretely — Michigan/Harbaugh may actually be screwed.

Especially interesting is…

Using electronic devices to steal signals seems like a much bigger offense than the advanced scouting by itself, which was kind of meh.

The amount of UM Twitter that are trying to cope with this is amazing. One UofM talking head said he's given those tickets away to veterans. There are cheaper ways to do that, to be fair. Reportedly there are also photos of Michigan assistants with a card showing Ohio State hand signals from last year's game, on the right hand sign of the picture below. He also, reportedly, bought tickets for both sides of the field for Penn State vs Ohio State last weekend. 

Report: Major Developments In Michigan Sign Stealing Scandal - YouTube

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah, this has turned into a pretty big deal.  Hard to imagine the staff or school didn't know when this guy's buying prime seats for huge games on a pretty modest salary.  Somebody had to bankroll it.

Can't imagine Harbaugh is still at Michigan next year.

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png

9 hours ago, See Red said:

Yeah, this has turned into a pretty big deal.  Hard to imagine the staff or school didn't know when this guy's buying prime seats for huge games on a pretty modest salary.  Somebody had to bankroll it.

And apparently "donating" them to other people. If I'm not going to a game and I'm paying over $100/ticket I'm getting as much money back as I can. Some of those tickets were much more than $100-$500 a pop. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'll tell you why I'm personally taking so much joy in watching Michigan fans squirm.

I was born in Columbus and got my Bachelor's degree at tOSU, but have lived in Detroit for decades. For the best part of this century, I enjoyed the annual beat down the Buckeyes rightfully administered to Michigan, but then had to listen, over and over and over,  about how Ohio State only won because they cheat, they pay the players, they're a football factory, they have low admission standards (this especially galling from booger eaters who flunked out of community college and consider Ann Arbor to be some sort of pinko stronghold), and that, most of all, "at least Michigan does it the right way!"  A bigger pack of self-aggrandizing victims could not be found.

Right now, here in Southwest Michigan these myopic hypocrites are jamming the radio talk show lines with a constant refrain of "every one does it!!" and "I don't even see why this should be against the rules!"

Here's what I want. First, all Michigan fans need to admit that if these reports were coming out of Columbus, or East Lansing, they'd be absolutely losing their tiny minds over it. The calls for a total program death penalty would be constant.  And second, most of all, just admit you're no better than anyone else, and probably worse than most. Everyone else knows it... it's time for you to accept it too.  Loony Jim Harbaugh couldn't beat Ohio State, couldn't win a bowl game, couldn't beat any team with a pulse away from Ann  Arbor, and decided he had to do something... anything. And then he did.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, See Red said:

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/25/michigan-connor-stalions-texts-stolen-signals

Does any TV broadcast that you know of even show hand signals on the sidelines? They may see at most four sets of hand signals. You then have to decipher what happened on the play and if the LB or QB changed the play or coverage. And if he's that good, why would he need to go to games?

It did not take Connor Stalions long into the text conversation to start boasting about his connections to the Michigan football team: “I’m close with the whole staff,” he wrote. Particularly, he said, he “became close with CP and Jay Harbs,” apparently referring to current linebackers coach Chris Partridge and running backs and assistant special teams coach Jay Harbaugh, who is the son of head coach Jim Harbaugh.

“Pre-covid, stole opponent signals during the week watching tv copies then flew to the game and stood next to [then Michigan offensive coordinator Josh] Gattis and told him what coverage/pressure he was gettin,” Stalions continued.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I wish MSU had refused to play UM for the hilarity of it. Duck a sure loss and make this seem like a five-alarm fire that the NCAA had to move on before every other opponent followed suit. For once, I'd like to see the people that broke the rules be the ones that face the consequences. Someone always makes a colossal mess and skips town, and it's the successor that has to deal with it. I wouldn't even care if the penalties were minimal (relative to the severity of the infractions) if they were assessed to the actual guilty parties. Do a postseason ban starting now.

I've met all of 2 Michigan fans in my life, so can't speak to the general attitude of that fanbase. However, I almost always feel bad for people who love their school, pour themselves into it, and get :censored: on in return. 

Also just lmfao:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • LOL 2

PJU85JF.png

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

Is Utah's Cameron Rising out for the season or something? He still hasn't played since his injury last year.

They announced last week they were shutting him down for the season. Kind of wild that they thought he might play week one. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Three things:

1.) 8-0! Still not entirely cool w/ some of the slippage, but doggone it, FSU remains unbeaten. I'll take it.

2.) ROCK CHALK! If you haven't seen it yet, Oklahoma Chokelahoma'd today in Lawrence. I saw somewhere that Kansas hadn't beaten the Sooners since President Clinton's second term in office??? Yeesh. Obtw, that win also made KU bowl-eligible, so...there you go.

3) My hometown West Florida Argonauts lost by 4 points to Valdosta State earlier today, 24-28. Doesn't really look like much until I tell you that UWF put up over 400 yards of offense while holding Valdosta State to 275 passing yards...and -3 rushing yards. 🤦🏿

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Sigh......at this point, I doubt that my alma mater is bowl bound at 3-5

Y’all did play in maybe the most fun game of the day. 

45-42 against Memphis and it dressed the part. 

Georgia Tech/North Carolina was similar, both teams traded 70 yard haymakers it was awesome. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

If this is Michigan staffer Stalions on a Central Michigan sideline, both schools should be in trouble here. Not saying it's him, but that would be really strange that another school would let him on their sideline, with accreditation. He does have appear to have a play sheet as well but with the Chips losing 31-7 it apparently didn't work if it was used. 

On 10/24/2023 at 11:04 PM, See Red said:

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Well, after everyone pretty much forgetting again that the Colorado Buffaloes even exist, I bet that they didn’t expect to get back in the headlines by having their copious amounts of jewelry stolen from the locker room while they were taking their latest beating. 

Can’t make this stuff up. 

• Like 4

On 10/31/2023 at 4:36 PM, MJWalker45 said:

If this is Michigan staffer Stalions on a Central Michigan sideline, both schools should be in trouble here. Not saying it's him, but that would be really strange that another school would let him on their sideline, with accreditation. He does have appear to have a play sheet as well but with the Chips losing 31-7 it apparently didn't work if it was used. 

It's not believed he was there to help the Chips. H was there to steal signs from the Spartans. He was just trying to fit in. Coaches generally don't wear passes or nametags. So, somehow he convinced his way in as part of the coaching staff and then just hid in plain sight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

It's not believed he was there to help the Chips. H was there to steal signs from the Spartans. He was just trying to fit in. Coaches generally don't wear passes or nametags. So, somehow he convinced his way in as part of the coaching staff and then just hid in plain sight.

Apparently his glasses had recording capability as well. You can see the small blue light by the top right of the glasses.  Even if you get invited to sit on the sidelines, he should not be wearing CMU gear if he's not serving in an official capacity. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/21/2023 at 3:11 AM, Red Wolf said:

Sorry, the point I was trying to make is that the rule has failed its purpose. It's there to make teams wanting to move up only do so because they have the resources and commitment to make it work. Schools like James Madison, Old Dominion, and even Jacksonville State looked at moving up for years before it actually happened.

Sam Houston had no ambitions of moving up. They got a call from Conference USA and two weeks later made the move. Sam Houston moved up because they were worried that they would get locked out of the opportunity in the future with the NCAA raising the requirements to transition. The NCAA just this month changed the application fee from $5K to $5 million.

The rule's purpose isn't really about the resources and commitment thing, rather because there's differences in eligibility criteria between FCS and FBS (and in other divisions, between say, DII and DI) that could give a competitive edge to a team moving up.

It exists because Marshall was able to cheese the system entirely in the '90s. Randy Moss wouldn't have been eligible immediately if he transferred to another I-A (FBS) program, but because Marshall was still in I-AA (FCS), he was able to be immediately eligible, even though Marshall was moving up to I-A the next year — more or less, Marshall was like, the only place Moss could play in '96 and then also be playing I-A football in '97.

Marshall completely walked through I-AA (because they were functionally putting a I-A team out there) to win a national championship, then won 10 games in their first I-A season (because they were able to acquire players the year before using more lax I-AA rules). It rubbed a lot of people in both divisions the wrong way, and the rule exists to avoid something similar.

• Like 2

6fQjS3M.png