College Football 2023

MJWalker45

2 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I dunno this feels like more Astros style BS. You can’t tell me Michigan are alone on this island. 

They're not, they were just dumb enough to make it really obvious and then get caught because they were dumb enough to make it really obvious.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

16 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Translation: "I'm hanging everyone out to dry and saving my own ass. I'll see you all in LA with the Chargers next season."

20 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Seriously.  That loony dumbass Jim Harbaugh loses every big game he gets within 100 miles of for years, than suddenly starts winning them, out of the blue?  Watching last years game between tOSU and those skunkweasles, I said to a friend of mine that it looked like the were absolutely ready every time Ohio State blitzed, with a pass over the top. Turns out the low down cheaters were stealing the signs.

Also explains why they got their stupid butts kicked by TCU. They never saw them coming, so they hadn't sent their spies in to cheat.

F those guys... death penalty, I say.

Are we sure he won't be with the Rams? Either way, I think he'd only last three years then go coach at another college. The Chargers need to call the head coach anytime it's 4th and longer than one yard, or put a chip in his head that shocks him when he tries to go for it on 4th and 3 from his own 35. 

16 hours ago, See Red said:

I do wish the guy would just :censored: off back to the NFL already.  I don't even have anything against Michigan... just tired of this guy.

On another note, JMU not being bowl eligible is bull:censored:.  That's a dumb rule.

Especially when their defense pitched a shutout last night. I think the NCAA expected them to look more like Sam Houston State than last year's TCU. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I too think this rule against JMU (and Jax State) is bull:censored:...but at this rate, there will most likely not be enough commonly bowl-eligible teams once again, so whichever bowl lands 'em is gonna get an uptick in popularity this year.

And next year, when the "transition period" is over and JMU's in a NY6 game, we'll forget all about this.

• Like 2

bYhYmxh.png

1 hour ago, Burmy said:

I too think this rule against JMU (and Jax State) is bull:censored:...but at this rate, there will most likely not be enough commonly bowl-eligible teams once again, so whichever bowl lands 'em is gonna get an uptick in popularity this year.

And next year, when the "transition period" is over and JMU's in a NY6 game, we'll forget all about this.

When they win the league and make the playoffs? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

As I was saying...

Harbaugh is a piece of crap.  

You want to break some rules I guess you can just do it.  But after years of his holier than thou act, and all the Michigan “we would never sink that low” BS it’s just beautiful to watch their hypocritical butts get pulled out into the light. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, See Red said:

On another note, JMU not being bowl eligible is bull:censored:.  That's a dumb rule.

I think it's a really good and smart rule. If you didn't have it then teams might move up divisions without thinking about it. Could you imagine if somebody like Sam Houston moved up two weeks after getting a call from a desperate CUSA when they weren't even looking to move up? That would be a really embarrassing thing to happen.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

I think it's a really good and smart rule. If you didn't have it then teams might move up divisions without thinking about it. Could you imagine if somebody like Sam Houston moved up two weeks after getting a call from a desperate CUSA when they weren't even looking to move up? That would be a really embarrassing thing to happen.

They moved up and won the conference title?  If they're good enough to do that, why shouldn't they qualify?

I can see limiting the money that they get initially to prevent flip-flopping levels, but that's another thing.

It's where I sit.

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

I'm glad this is overtaking the Auburn-Florida State national championship game as the most recent nation sign stealing story.

• Like 1

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Taking a dislike of Harbaugh out of this, but why is 'advance scouting' illegal?

Since it's been a rule since 1994, probably has to do with smaller schools having less money to pay for airfare and hotel rooms. Nowadays you can see just about everyone's games on TV or streaming and scout from home. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

They moved up and won the conference title?  If they're good enough to do that, why shouldn't they qualify?

I can see limiting the money that they get initially to prevent flip-flopping levels, but that's another thing.

Sorry, the point I was trying to make is that the rule has failed its purpose. It's there to make teams wanting to move up only do so because they have the resources and commitment to make it work. Schools like James Madison, Old Dominion, and even Jacksonville State looked at moving up for years before it actually happened.

Sam Houston had no ambitions of moving up. They got a call from Conference USA and two weeks later made the move. Sam Houston moved up because they were worried that they would get locked out of the opportunity in the future with the NCAA raising the requirements to transition. The NCAA just this month changed the application fee from $5K to $5 million.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Sorry, the point I was trying to make is that the rule has failed its purpose. It's there to make teams wanting to move up only do so because they have the resources and commitment to make it work. Schools like James Madison, Old Dominion, and even Jacksonville State looked at moving up for years before it actually happened.

Sam Houston had no ambitions of moving up. They got a call from Conference USA and two weeks later made the move. Sam Houston moved up because they were worried that they would get locked out of the opportunity in the future with the NCAA raising the requirements to transition. The NCAA just this month changed the application fee from $5K to $5 million.

Sam Houston also just spent a mint upgrading the stadium, so now they get that money back even quicker than if they waited to be 100% ready. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

yeah, if the same UNC team that boatraced us are gonna go ahead and lose at home to the Virginia by-god Cavaliers, Syracuse are going 4-8.

but, hey, bowl-eligible Rutgers! silver linings!

UPDATE: I am also now proud to report that 6-1 UNLV is real

• Like 5

53Ocz8U.png

I'm not sure there's any really great teams this year.  Last week it looked like the ACC may be good but not so much this week.  Top ten UNC losing to a terrible Virginia team on the CW seems appropriate.   Maybe my flair makes me biased but I don't buy FSU.  They didn't look good against Duke despite how hobbled Leonard was (and only took over once Leonard left the game after a kind of dirty play) and probably should've lost to a mid Clemson team.

Washington's losing to a bad ASU team.  The Penix heisman train has derailed.  UGA being down Bowers and they didn't look that good with him.  I'm not sure about Ohio State.  Michigan looks legit but who have they played?

Also, I wonder if Clemson's days of being an NC contender are through.  Dabo objects to the portal and NIL (fine with paying kids under the table, though) and they just seem so poorly coached these last two years.

edit: Pac 12 refs stepped in to keep Washington's playoff hopes alive.

IUe6Hvh.png

9 hours ago, See Red said:

edit: Pac 12 refs stepped in to keep Washington's playoff hopes alive.

Penix threw a deep ball to the ASU goal line in the first half, and his receiver was both held and tackled but there was no call. It was wild in how blatant it was. The next play, Penix fumbled a handoff and ASU scored its touchdown on that possession.  The refs made that happen.

Otherwise, UW barely escaped. It was a weird and frustrating game to watch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, See Red said:

I'm not sure about Ohio State. 

Neither am I. The defense is really good. It's the offense that worries me. The QB ain't scaring anyone, the running game is inconsistent at best, but we do have Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka at WR so there's that, I guess.

FWIW, I had the Buckeyes losing three games this season - Notre Dame, Penn State, and Michigan. I was wrong on two of those. Here's hoping I'm really wrong on the third one.

10 hours ago, See Red said:

Michigan looks legit but who have they played?

That would be no one, but (I can't believe I'm doing this) in their defense, they can only play who's on their schedule. My guess is they'll show up on November 25th full of bad intent and more than ready to play my Buckeyes.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags