College Football 2023

MJWalker45

I think teams will try, but likely fail at replicating the Deion strategy. 

Kids think Deion Sanders is cool, know his mentality due to his masterful media skills and want to play for him. He was pulling five stars to Jackson State. Nobody else could do that. 

Texas State took in the second-most transfers, and are now struggling with the team on the nation’s longest losing streak, Nevada. (However, they did beat Baylor)

Teams will try, but I’d need to see multiple people who aren’t the one-of-a-kind Deion pull it off to say that will be the norm instead of the tried and true old school rebuild. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 minute ago, Germanshepherd said:

I think teams will try, but likely fail at replicating the Deion strategy. 

Kids think Deion Sanders is cool, know his mentality due to his masterful media skills and want to play for him. He was pulling five stars to Jackson State. Nobody else could do that. 

Texas State took in the second-most transfers, and are now struggling with the team on the nation’s longest losing streak, Nevada. (However, they did beat Baylor)

Teams will try, but I’d need to see multiple people who aren’t the one-of-a-kind Deion pull it off to say that will be the norm instead of the tried and true old school rebuild. 

You're forgetting the key ingredient to this formula - money. Colorado didn't get all those new players solely because Coach Prime is cool.

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

You're forgetting the key ingredient to this formula - money. Colorado didn't get all those new players solely because Coach Prime is cool.

Very true. But Colorado’s not sniffing its current NIL fund if Deion wasn’t cool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

You think schools like Tennessee or Miami can't get NIL deals for players without Deion?

I think we just interpreted the prompt “changed cfb forever” differently. 

The big programs can absolutely portal pluck at insane rates, and Deion has opened the door for teams at that level. 

But for programs at Colorado’s level and under, you’d need a lightning in a bottle coach to play that way. 

• Like 1

I mentioned this earlier, but the NCAA changed the initial counter rules.  You used to only be able to bring in 25 players (with some exceptions), and this year there was no limit.  However, I think the rule was only for two years to account for the extra Covid eligibility year.  So it's not like Deion had some novel idea to completely overhaul the team, it just wasn't possible.

This guy gets way more credit than he deserves.

• Yawn 1

IUe6Hvh.png

28 minutes ago, See Red said:

I mentioned this earlier, but the NCAA changed the initial counter rules.  You used to only be able to bring in 25 players (with some exceptions), and this year there was no limit.  However, I think the rule was only for two years to account for the extra Covid eligibility year.  So it's not like Deion had some novel idea to completely overhaul the team, it just wasn't possible.

This guy gets way more credit than he deserves.

No one said Deion had some novel idea. He used the rules in place to Colorado's advantage.

That aside, I just don't understand all the hate Deion is getting. He's the same guy he was when he was playing in the NFL. Was he supposed to change his personality because he entered the hallowed halls of football coaching? If given the choice right now between buttoned up, says the right things the right way, Ryan Day or Deion Sanders as HC of Ohio State, I'm taking Coach Prime all day long.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I just don't understand all the hate Deion is getting.

I do 😉

But besides that, he's trying something different (for someone that doesn't look like Chip Kelly) and instead of trying to teach a team to be humble and measured, to have confidence in themselves, expect to win, know they're talented, and not hide it.  It's different, and some people are afraid of things that are different.

He said this after the game - "our confidence offends their insecurity."  He's not wrong.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, Germanshepherd said:

RYAN DAY GOES OFF ON LOU HOLTZ

Now close your eyes, and imagine Prime saying the same thing with the same tone.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

33 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

Absolutely DOMINANT performance by the Scarlet and Gray over those frauds from South Bend. How were they even ranked in the top 25?!

What the 🤬 are you even talking about? Go back under your troll bridge.

26 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For that matter, is Holtz still alive?

Physically? It's debatable. Mentally? He's been dead for years.

spacer.png