College Football 2023

MJWalker45

7 hours ago, See Red said:

I mean... maybe.  It's also never been possible to do what he's done because this is the first year since the transfer eligibility rules changed that programs haven't been held to 25 initial counters per season.  So where Mike Norvell, for example, had to just deal with all of the deadweight Willie Taggart left him (and there was a lot of it) on Florida State's roster until it cycled out because he had to balance high school recruiting with incoming transfers, Deion didn't have those same limitations.  Now, granted, Deion's ability to get that many kids to transfer in is a credit to him.

Taggert and Jimbo. Willie was only there one year, he still had a bunch of Jimbo's weight on that roster. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/17/2023 at 1:36 AM, Cujo said:

Even in a win, Coach Prime and the Buffs were humbled. Outplayed for 55 minutes had no business winning that game. To add, Deion was planning to clown on Norvell during the handshake, but instead showed him some respect. 

Thank god the media/celebrity circus is in Boulder over -- for now.

If any team should be humbled this week it was Alabama. They were horrendous on the road at South Florida and that second touchdown was in garbage time. I know there was bad weather in Tampa, but that O Line has been getting beaten up by teams that they should dominate. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Taggert and Jimbo. Willie was only there one year, he still had a bunch of Jimbo's weight on that roster. 

One year and a half...not that any of us care to remember that. (Or his entire tenure there.)

Speaking of, dude done somehow popped up on the Baltimore Ravens coaching staff for this season...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Out for Oregon and USC games.

That's a bummer because he's fun to watch but I'm sure his injury is going to be used to excuse a loss in a game where they're a three touchdown underdog.

In other news, Michigan State is going to fire Mel Tucker for cause.  Sexually harassing the sexual assault survivor you've invited to speak to your team is an all-time idiot move. 

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png

Outside of the competitive trash talk from Colorado’s opponents, I don’t get the hate/resentment coming from the general sports public.  Oregon should be wiping the floor with Colorado and they are. Good for them. That says more about Oregon than it does Colorado and Deion Sanders. Anyone with a brain couldn’t have possibly expected Colorado to compete with the big dogs just yet. Deion is just being Deion. He’s obviously got them going in the right direction. They’re competitive and relevant. Last year they were the worst FBS team in the country. Have fun, enjoy the show and see what they do after they get knocked down presumably two weeks in a row.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Outside of the competitive trash talk from Colorado’s opponents, I don’t get the hate/resentment coming from the general sports public.  Oregon should be wiping the floor with Colorado and they are. Good for them. That says more about Oregon than it does Colorado and Deion Sanders. Anyone with a brain couldn’t have possibly expected Colorado to compete with the big dogs just yet. Deion is just being Deion. He’s obviously got them going in the right direction. They’re competitive and relevant. Last year they were the worst FBS team in the country. Have fun, enjoy the show and see what they do after they get knocked down presumably two weeks in a row.

I can’t speak for everyone but I honestly think it has less to do with “Deion being Deion” and more about the national media hype machine that gets stoked up around these things. Earlier this week on ESPN’s morning show they said that Colorado had changed college football forever.  That’s a quote.  Three average looking wins against unimpressive opponents and college football as we know it has changed forever.  Said with straight faces. 

Seriously, how are people supposed to react to that? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I can’t speak for everyone but I honestly think it has less to do with “Deion being Deion” and more about the national media hype machine that gets stoked up around these things. Earlier this week on ESPN’s morning show they said that Colorado had changed college football forever.  That’s a quote.  Three average looking wins against unimpressive opponents and college football as we know it has changed forever.  Said with straight faces. 

Fair enough, I don’t watch ESPN just to

avoid that crap. I like to keep my world small.

• Like 3

It's a shame that college football is such a zero sum game. You lose one game early and you're toast.

A 1-16 NFL team starting 3-1 the following season would be a huge, huge accomplishment. An NCAA team does it and they're now trash.

I get why; it's just too bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The ESPN hosts weren't wrong. Colorado has changed the game forever. Do any of us really believe that the Buffs will be the only team to essentially wipe out its roster and use the transfer portal to quickly rebuild? Struggling programs who hire a hot new HC will be doing the same thing and they'll be doing it soon. This is how it's going to be until it's not.

BB52Big.jpg