College Football 2023

MJWalker45

44 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Someone explain to me how rankings work.  Ohio State was 6, Notre Dame was 9.  Shouldn't the expected outcome be a tight OSU win?  I get that it's 100% subjective and the "eyeball test" is what matters, and what the teams ranked above and below you do matters too, but should Notre Dame really lose two spots when if anything, they showed that they're right there with the (now) #5 team?

It seems like maybe the relative rankings were spot on, the expected outcome happened, yet the gap in rankings widens.

Rankings work like this: "brand name" schools are always overrated (see OSU and ND), polling coaches who don't pay attention to the teams they're supposed to rank, and media circle jerks. Hope that helps.

BB52Big.jpg

16 hours ago, Unocal said:

Today just felt like a letdown. ND winning would have been more interesting than another boring Buckeye rerun.

Ugh...sometimes it felt like the Irish did everything right on defense, and then that Ohio State QB would luck out somehow. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Never said that, just saying their QB kinda looked like Philip Rivers mechanically...dude kinda throws an ugly ball, but he makes good decisions from what I saw.  Kinda like the opposite of Graham Mertz.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

well, next week, undefeated Syracuse host 2-2 Clemson and I can't believe that is a factual statement I just typed. I already know this can only end one way, but Syracuse's prospects look pretty bright provided they can win even one of their next three games.

• Like 1

53Ocz8U.png

45 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Never said that, just saying their QB kinda looked like Philip Rivers mechanically...dude kinda throws an ugly ball, but he makes good decisions from what I saw.  Kinda like the opposite of Graham Mertz.

Whatever. We still won.

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

well, next week, undefeated Syracuse host 2-2 Clemson and I can't believe that is a factual statement I just typed. I already know this can only end one way, but Syracuse's prospects look pretty bright provided they can win even one of their next three games.

Syracuse has to get a win over Clemson one of these times.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

Even if not, that back end of the season's looking quite favorable for a strong finish. At the very least, it is nice that for the first time ever*, Syracuse has gone through its non-con slate undefeated.

*yes, since 1991 because everyone in the Northeast was independent, don't care

• Like 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

3 hours ago, Discrim said:

Ugh...sometimes it felt like the Irish did everything right on defense, and then that Ohio State QB would luck out somehow. 

They did almost everything right. Morrison had Harrison locked down all day, so all the attention went to Egbuka, and Harper just couldn't cover him. Why they didn't put Cam Hart on Egbuka, I don't know. That matchup decided the game.

And of course having only 10 guys on the field was quite a blunder.

spacer.png

https://sports.yahoo.com/army-could-be-joining-aac-in-the-coming-weeks-but-a-few-hurdles-remain-175403571.html

The American is looking to bring in Army to the fold. The trick here is that Army-Navy would remain in it's regular slot, but the AAC championship would be played the week before. So, in theory, Army and Navy could play each other for a championship before playing each other for the Commander-In-Chief Trophy. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

WHAT IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WHAT THE WHAT

• Like 3
  • WOAH 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

Drop Notre Dame out of the top 25 already. They struggled against freaking Duke.

Duke is good! That defense and rushing game is no joke, Elko’s done great work there. Those were two Top 25 level football teams playing. 

Elsewhere, kind of a dull week, but LSU/Miss was a classic track meet game. The defenses were bad sure but those offenses were so fun to watch it more than made up for it. 

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience