College Football 2023

MJWalker45

5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

This is the constant hell we've been living in for years. Between this and the obscene ad breaks, it's a sport that can only be enjoyed via constant channel flipping and/or multiple screens. Sort of like a homemade version of NFL Redzone.

YouTube TV will put 4 college football games on at once for you. It works pretty well.

Looks like Deion Sanders is getting his first taste of Pac 12 after dark.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

For the life of me I don’t get why Colorado State didn’t go for two in the first overtime. 

How could you see what your defense has done end of regulation + overtime and want them back on the field??

You had a chance to end the game! ITS LITERALLY TWO YARDS 

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

"Do you believe now?"

Why the :censored: would a double OT win over a team that's won 14 games over the last five seasons and committed 181 yards worth of penalties convince me that Colorado is any good?

They're going to get wrecked by any team with a defensive line.

Great game, though.  Worth staying up!

• Like 6

IUe6Hvh.png

3 minutes ago, See Red said:

"Do you believe now?"

Why the :censored: would a double OT win over a team that's won 14 games over the last five seasons and committed 181 yards worth of penalties convince me that Colorado is any good?

They're going to get wrecked by any team with a defensive line.

Great game, though.  Worth staying up!

They're going to get wrecked a few times. I don't think anyone is saying Colorado is suddenly a National Championship contender or in the top tier of college football. The point, I think, is that a team that went 1-11 last year is now 3-0 and looks pretty solid.  When it's all said and done, the Buffs are a 7-5 team at best, but it's still a long way from 1-11 and complete irrelevance.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

Even in a win, Coach Prime and the Buffs were humbled. Outplayed for 55 minutes had no business winning that game. To add, Deion was planning to clown on Norvell during the handshake, but instead showed him some respect. 

Thank god the media/celebrity circus is in Boulder over -- for now.

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, infrared41 said:

They're going to get wrecked a few times. I don't think anyone is saying Colorado is suddenly a National Championship contender or in the top tier of college football. 

Colorado isn't going undefeated. But for tonight's performance, I think the players all went took the field thinking it was an automatic W based on the insane point spread and having A-listers all over campus. Treated it more like a party than a game. 

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Cujo said:

Colorado isn't going undefeated. But for tonight's performance, I think the players all went took the field thinking it was an automatic W based on the insane point spread and having A-listers all over campus. Treated it more like a party than a game. 

Exactly. As I said earlier - the Buffs got caught up in their own hype. I bet Coach Prime  doesn't let it happen again. Then again, I think he got caught up in the hype too. Maybe giving the whole team sunglasses wasn't the best idea.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

As much as people are (understandably) annoyed by the Deion hype train, his team has had the most exciting game 2 out of 3 weeks. Their line is atrocious and it's going to cause them to lose games for sure, especially in a Pac-12 that's going to be tough this year despite the state of everything off the field.

• Meh 1

I can’t believe the PAC-12 is dying in what could be its best year ever. 

Everyone but the Arizona schools, Stanford and Cal are legit Top 25 quality good. 

Plus Caleb, Bo Nix, Shadeur, Cam Ward, Penix, Cam Rising and DJ U all in the same league is NUTS. UCLA’s got a 5-star too who could be pretty good. 

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Just now, Red Wolf said:

As much as people are (understandably) annoyed by the Deion hype train

Annoyed? This is the most fun I've had watching college football since the last time Ohio State beat Michigan. Coach Prime is awesome. We need more coaches like him.

• Like 5

BB52Big.jpg

9 minutes ago, infrared41 said:
12 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

As much as people are (understandably) annoyed by the Deion hype train

Annoyed? This is the most fun I've had watching college football since the last time Ohio State beat Michigan. Coach Prime is awesome. We need more coaches like him.

In the past, I've rarely discussed or even entered the college football discussion thread. But here I am, all because of the Deion Effect.

Would've been a complete buzzkill locally had the Buffs crapped the bed and lost to CSU. Looks like Oregon is next up. That'll be a good measuring stick to see how "real" the Buffs really are.

6uXNWAo.png

Week 3 was wild in general.

The aforementioned CU-CSU game that was well worth it for any college football fan east of the Rockies to stay up for.

Missouri's Harrison Mevis kicked a walk off 61 yard field goal to beat old Big 8/Big 12 buddies K-State.

Tennessee is just cursed against Florida. Lost 17 of 19. No wins in Gainesville since 2003 when Casey Clausen was QB.

The Backyard Brawl delivered again. This time West Virginia won. Speaking of old Big East showdowns Rutgers destroyed Virginia Tech. 

Had a couple of near upsets: FSU almost choked a game at Boston College. Eagles penalties including the game losing facemask did them in. Jordan Travis got hurt but came back in the game. Georgia also looked sloppy against South Carolina despite pulling away. Bama was only leading 10-3 deep in the 4th until Ty Simpson's TD. QB controversy in Bama.

• Like 1

I've long said that sports are generally pretty boring, and we need more entertaining guys dancing around in the end zone, cutting WWE-style promos before (and preferably during games), and making the game less conservative and old-school.  Nuts to the "act like you've been there before" mentality.  I love seeing certain people get all up in arms that a cocky guy that doesn't fit their mold of what a (lol) "leader of men" is supposed to be.  Interpret "mold" how you will.

There's probably a considerable crossover between those people and the ones that are upset about NIL deals, but are fine when guys like Nick Saban and the like make millions.  But admittedly, that's just speculation.

I watched that game (until I fell asleep) and it was probably the first college football game I've watched more than a quarter of in 10 years.  I don't know enough to know if CU is good or not, but I do know that even when you take a team lightly and get outplayed, well-coached teams seem to find some way to handle that adversity and win.  We've seen it in the NFL where 13-win teams that go to the Super Bowl have the occasional last-second win against some 4-win team at some point in the season.

My only criticism of Coach Prime this year is that I thought he wore the cowboy hat on the sidelines during the game, and was disappointed to see him in a ballcap.  I get that the headphones wouldn't fit over a cowboy hat, but he's mother f'n Coach Prime - he could have some kind of custom system rigged up.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I can’t believe the PAC-12 is dying in what could be its best year ever. 

Everyone but the Arizona schools, Stanford and Cal are legit Top 25 quality good. 

Plus Caleb, Bo Nix, Shadeur, Cam Ward, Penix, Cam Rising and DJ U all in the same league is NUTS. UCLA’s got a 5-star too who could be pretty good. 

It's the SWC all over again.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Seven wins at Colorado in year one would be an insane achievement. For most other coaches that’s a three year job at best. 

I mean... maybe.  It's also never been possible to do what he's done because this is the first year since the transfer eligibility rules changed that programs haven't been held to 25 initial counters per season.  So where Mike Norvell, for example, had to just deal with all of the deadweight Willie Taggart left him (and there was a lot of it) on Florida State's roster until it cycled out because he had to balance high school recruiting with incoming transfers, Deion didn't have those same limitations.  Now, granted, Deion's ability to get that many kids to transfer in is a credit to him.

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png