College Football 2023

MJWalker45

14 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

weird how FSU can go undefeated in a "weak" conference and not get a playoff berth but liberty can go undefeated against a glorified FCS schedule and get rewarded with a NY6 berth.

we should delete lynchburg from reality.

The highest ranked Group of 5 champion is automatically given a New Year's Six bowl spot.

39 minutes ago, Unocal said:

The SEC has ruined CFB as we know it.

Just a friendly reminder that the ACC, Big Ten, and Pac 12 formed an "alliance" the offseason before last and voted to prevent the playoff from expanding in 2023.

And then on top of that, FSU and their fanbase has spent the last two offseasons acting like the ACC is beneath them and exploring how they can get out of the conference as soon as possible.  But now the conference is better than the SEC.  Sure, okay.

• Like 6
  • Eyeroll 1

IUe6Hvh.png

7 minutes ago, burgundy said:

As a Notre Dame fan, this is retribution for the '93 season. Screw FSU.

Retribution for losing in a fair contest?

🥴🥴🥴

College fans and the entire process is insane. I blame Coach Prime for dragging me back to this back-assward, flawed joke of a sport.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

33 minutes ago, Cujo said:

🥴🥴🥴

College fans and the entire process is insane. I blame Coach Prime for dragging me back to this back-assward, flawed joke of a sport.

Huh? Retribution for FSU winning the National Championship despite having lost head-to-head against an 11-1 Notre Dame, as well as being picked over a then-undefeated West Virginia to play for the title against Nebraska.

• Like 1

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, See Red said:

Just a friendly reminder that the ACC, Big Ten, and Pac 12 formed an "alliance" the offseason before last and voted to prevent the playoff from expanding in 2023.

And then on top of that, FSU and their fanbase has spent the last two offseasons acting like the ACC is beneath them and exploring how they can get out of the conference as soon as possible.  But now the conference is better than the SEC.  Sure, okay.

Poetic justice does not make another Alabama playoff run any less boring

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Huh? Retribution for FSU winning the National Championship despite having lost head-to-head against an 11-1 Notre Dame, as well as being picked over a then-undefeated West Virginia to play for the title against Nebraska.

30 years was a long time ago. Get over it. NFL fans aren't still crying about losses that happened 30 years ago. I can assure you Raiders fans have gotten over the Immaculate reception happening on them. Probably the tuck rule too.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6uXNWAo.png

This Michigan fan thinks FSU got screwed, and this is coming from someone who would prefer to play Alabama than FSU. 

Milroe is certainly capable of having a Vince Young-in-the-Rose Bowl performance, but FSU has significantly better players at the skill positions and along the front seven on defense.  Plus, everyone assumes you have to beat FSU with a backup QB, while this Alabama team just needed a miracle to win the Iron Bowl two weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

🥴🥴🥴

You're bigger, smarter, and more pure than ten mortal sports fans, Van Smack. We're just happy that you grace us with your superior sports intellect.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

32 minutes ago, Cujo said:

30 years was a long time ago. Get over it. NFL fans aren't still crying about losses that happened 30 years ago. I can assure you Raiders fans have gotten over the Immaculate reception happening on them. Probably the tuck rule too.

NFL fans complain when teams say that they have more titles because their team won them before the Super Bowl existed. Raiders fans don't get to complain because they got a similar bit of luck with the Holy Roller. 

1 hour ago, McCall said:

I got my tickets ordered and I'm ready to go.

mizzou-football.gif

I might have to make the trip. Let's see if the Buckeyes defense has another gear. I'll be sad if Marvin Harrison and Tre don't play, but not surprised. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

NFL fans complain when teams say that they have more titles because their team won them before the Super Bowl existed.

Huh? I'm not sure I've ever witnessed this.

I'm sooooo glad NCAA standards can’t ruin REAL football. Imagine had the 2017 Eagles been held out of the playoffs because of Carson Wentz's injury in the final weeks of the season. "They lost their MVP-caliber QB and have to use Nick Foles now. Hahaha they have no chance! Let's get Philly the hell out of these playoffs and plug in the Cowboys because we love blue-blood teams and people will watch!" -- That's what the NCAA just did. 🚮

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png