2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

2 hours ago, CDCLT said:

No, the goal was to get it closer to the team's official shade of blue, Panthers Blue (or Process Blue), that Nike was unable to properly recreate when the NFL made the switch in the early 2010s, whenever it was. Presumably Reebok had been able to properly produce Panthers blue so the new blue jerseys look more like the pre-Nike set.

May be just lighting but I think last years blue looks closer to the  Reebok blue than the current blue. Could need to take a look at the color palette though.

40 minutes ago, NFLfan42 said:

Read a while back that the Titans try to avoid wearing white pants on grass. That's why they have pretty much worn Navy pants for all home games.

But this season they replaced their home grass with synthetic turf. Only one preseason game but they wore Navy over White.

They have worn white pants on grass several times, but not often. Such a weird excuse for a professional football organization with top-of-the-line equipment management staff. No other teams seem to have this issue.

39 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

They have worn white pants on grass several times, but not often. Such a weird excuse for a professional football organization with top-of-the-line equipment management staff. No other teams seem to have this issue.

the more grass stains that can cover up the weird grey rectangles on the pants, the better

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I don't think it's an excuse, they're probably just trying to make life a little easier for their staff. I could definitely see them wearing the white pants at home more often this year. Didn't realize they had a new field and was totally thrown off when I put the game on last Friday. 

Grass is far superior aesthetically. 

On 8/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, VikWings said:

I loved those Titans columbia jerseys, but they wore navy pants with them far too often and it looked so off balance.

Particularly since, per GUD, they have NEVER had Columbia blue socks except in Oilers throwbacks. 

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Particularly since, per GUD, they have NEVER had Columbia blue socks except in Oilers throwbacks. 

From 2015 - 2017, they wore Columbia Blue socks with the original color rush. This also came from GUD: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, nuordr said:

From 2015 - 2017, they wore Columbia Blue socks with the original color rush. This also came from GUD: 

spacer.png

Somehow I missed that. Their regular uniforms have never had light blue socks, though, and they’ve never worn them with navy pants - and the current set has never had them at all. :(

Chargers uniform schedule is out. They'll wear powder blue for 7 of their 9 home games. They'll wear them on the road in Tennessee and the New York Jets.  Navy blue against the Ravens and royal blue against the Broncos. I guess they aren't a WAH team anymore. I liked seeing the all white uniform at SoFi Stadium with the paint of the Chargers on the field.

Well, of all the matchups between teams that reveal their uniform plans this late or wait until the week of, Ravens-Chargers has been ruined for me. Then again, we know these crashers are inevitable every season. All the Bolts had to do was go with the standard power blue jersey (don't care for their pant selection) for that SNF game and all is good on their end; I would have even accepted them going royal blue if they truly insisted on wearing an alternate come game time. Hopefully the Ravens wear white/purple that night and show up as the best dressed team.

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

52 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Seems like we can count on the Jets being a WAH team again this year if that's the case. Disappointing. Hopefully they don't continue to use the black pants and socks with the white jerseys at least, but I'm not optimistic. 

Last year Week 9 was the final WAH game for them. Hopefully they transition to green (and black) for the second half of the season again this year. We do know they are wearing black for the Black Friday game, but there's still Week 13 vs. ATL, Week 14 vs. HOU, and Week 16 vs. WAS that will hopefully have them in green.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Chargers uniform schedule is out. They'll wear powder blue for 7 of their 9 home games. They'll wear them on the road in Tennessee and the New York Jets.  Navy blue against the Ravens and royal blue against the Broncos. I guess they aren't a WAH team anymore. I liked seeing the all white uniform at SoFi Stadium with the paint of the Chargers on the field.

Time out...have I been in a fog or something? When did LAC go to being WAH? (Admittedly I don't keep tabs on what goes on out west—usually because I'm sleep by the time they get going—so I hadn't realized that if they did.) Now, with that said...I'm not on Twitt—um, X, to know what the Snatit's uniform schedule is, but going by the above post they're going WAH against a team whose primary color is pretty much the same as theirs...and why do socmany NFL teams do this again? And while I'm throwing out all these arbitrary questions...

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Teams will never beat the “dumbest games to wear alternates” allegations 

F4y4y3zaMAIXNSB?format=jpg&name=large

...Someone tell me how the Chargers were/are able to get away away with two alternate non-throwback uniforms again?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Time out...have I been in a fog or something? When did LAC go to being WAH? (Admittedly I don't keep tabs on what goes on out west—usually because I'm sleep by the time they get going—so I hadn't realized that if they did.) Now, with that said...I'm not on Twitt—um, X, to know what the Snatit's uniform schedule is, but going by the above post they're going WAH against a team whose primary color is pretty much the same as theirs...and why do socmany NFL teams do this again? And while I'm throwing out all these arbitrary questions...

...Someone tell me how the Chargers were/are able to get away away with two alternate non-throwback uniforms again?

One is an alternate, the other is a color rush

• Like 5

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Last year Week 9 was the final WAH game for them. Hopefully they transition to green (and black) for the second half of the season again this year. We do know they are wearing black for the Black Friday game, but there's still Week 13 vs. ATL, Week 14 vs. HOU, and Week 16 vs. WAS that will hopefully have them in green.

Cleveland is going WAH in week 17 as well, so the Jets will have to wear green for that. 

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

One (or both?) is considered Color Rush, which is still a thing when teams need/want it to be.

Believe the rule is the 2 alternates have to be some combo of color swap/throwback/color rush. Though given the Rams bone and Commies' black military cosplay I'm not sure that color swap rule still exists.

4 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Well, of all the matchups between teams that reveal their uniform plans this late or wait until the week of, Ravens-Chargers has been ruined for me. Then again, we know these crashers are inevitable every season. All the Bolts had to do was go with the standard power blue jersey (don't care for their pant selection) for that SNF game and all is good on their end; I would have even accepted them going royal blue if they truly insisted on wearing an alternate come game time. Hopefully the Ravens wear white/purple that night and show up as the best dressed team.

Baltimore could also wear the all white combo.

They'll play each other again next year in 2024. The Chargers could wear powder blue next meeting.

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Time out...have I been in a fog or something? When did LAC go to being WAH? (Admittedly I don't keep tabs on what goes on out west—usually because I'm sleep by the time they get going—so I hadn't realized that if they did.) Now, with that said...I'm not on Twitt—um, X, to know what the Snatit's uniform schedule is, but going by the above post they're going WAH against a team whose primary color is pretty much the same as theirs...and why do socmany NFL teams do this again? 

They were a WAH team until last year. Before last year, the Chargers wore their white jerseys for 2, or even 3, homes games early in the season.