2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What’s worse is when the Chiefs go full Heinz. 

Yeah, when they played the Broncos on TNF someone in this  thread mentioned that the sleeve stripes and pant stripes don't match, which makes it infinitely worse

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Lights Out said:

No, I'm talking about the Ravens.

Ok. I just read it wrong. The @kaleb_girod quote mentioned both teams, that's where I got confused. But regarding the Ravens, out of their three pants colors, you like black the best? Hard disagree. Even if there were stripes on the black pants, I'd prefer to keep white and purple over black.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I wish Cleveland wore white pants with the brown jersey against Pittsburgh for a turn. Not that brown/orange isn't nice. But I like the former more than the latter, when playing the Steelers.

Nah. The more orange pants the better. It's their best look.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

Don't even get me started on the NBA. Can't even tell which team is which. Every team shoehorning black into their color scheme because 🔥. The dumpster fire that is the in-season tournament courts. The fact that these teams continue to wear their horrible alternates deep into the playoffs. I don't even watch the NBA and it sickens me. The NBA's aesthetics are beyond saving.

But you know what, it's the marketing teams fault.

They think that highlighter yellow looks good with medium royal blue and it is unappealing, It's like Nike wants every NFL team to look like Oregon (which we all know why). And most uniforms in the NBA turned into ads that players wear. I mean look at all the brand companies stitched on the NBA jerseys. One thing I am glad the NFL did not do, but nah, they have to name the stadium, dome, etc into a business they sponsor. It pisses me off to no end and it just becomes very, very frustrating.

We have so far a couple of NFL teams that are try hards that want to appeal to the Gen Z crowd like the Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens (the black pants only), Arizona Cardinals (the mono-red main), New York Jets (BFBS), etc.

I wish they got a stable marketing team instead of these dolts who think hip means cool and Gen Z looks gradients, etc. Those Gen Z kids do not care about the 90's NBA gradient stuff.

As for the NBA's BFBS uniforms, this is why you should never copy the Spurs. This is why I said the Oklahoma City Thunder should of went with Scarlet, Golden-Yellow, and White, but they would look too much like the Houston Rockets. So I think maybe Crimson, Orange, and White (there was too many two tone blues and yellow-gold colors during that time frame) would of been them.

And if Pittsburgh wants to get into the NBA sauce, they have black and gold.

12 minutes ago, ruttep said:

How did this

spacer.png

spacer.png

Turn into this

spacer.png

spacer.png

You can see Kenneth Murray (9) in blue socks on that picture in the Jaguars game.  Hopefully not every player is in on the white socks.

I like those all green alternate by the Packers. But yes it sucks that we were denied of a great uniform matchup. I'd be happy if the schedule makers make LAC at GB for a preseason game at least.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Derwin James and Keenan Allen always wear white socks so hopefully it does not mean white socks for everyone else as well

That should not be allowed. A team should dress like a team. 

By the way…are the Dolphins planning to wear their regular aqua jerseys at all this year? I see they’re going to wear the throwback aquas on Christmas Eve against Dallas (which should look fantastic), but when will they wear the regular ones? I’m sick of them in all-white. 

14 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

That should not be allowed. A team should dress like a team. 

By the way…are the Dolphins planning to wear their regular aqua jerseys at all this year? I see they’re going to wear the throwback aquas on Christmas Eve against Dallas (which should look fantastic), but when will they wear the regular ones? I’m sick of them in all-white. 

We should see them for MNF against the Titans. Just hope and pray that that game doesn't turn into 🥶 vs mono-aqua.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ruttep said:

We should see them for MNF against the Titans. Just hope and pray that that game doesn't turn into 🥶 vs mono-aqua.

The Texans virtually never contrast their pants with their socks when they are wearing white jerseys. But if the Dolphins stick to white pants and aqua socks with their aqua jerseys, that will be enough to make the matchup look decent. 

Vote for worst of the day: Titans-Jaguars. 

1) A black helmet/black jersey + white pants/white socks looks like somebody was filling out a concept on a template and didn't get to anything below the belt (especially because JAX doesn't have any details on the pants). It looks SO BAD, I am genuinely amazed that a professional sports franchise would wear it without multiple people being like, "Hey, this looks goofy af." 

2) What makes it look even weirder is Tennessee has blue socks, as the road team. So the road team has colored socks with white pants, but the home team has white socks with the white pants. 

Man, if one of us could go back 10 years in a time machine and post on these boards what would happen with the NFL and pants/socks, people would have believed it to be an April Fool's joke. 

*gulp* it is very real, and between this trend and the NBA in-season tournament courts, I am kind of convinced humans are devolving as a species right now. Like, we are getting dumber.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Panthers wearing blue socks with their black jerseys and pants for the first time in forever it seems like. 

I’m not a mono fan myself, but socks being blue really helps. Wish more teams would see this. I think the bengals have seen the light as well when they put orange socks with black pants.

• Like 3
KISSwall09.jpg