2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

I would not have applauded. That's a terrible, brand-diluting idea. It astounds me that people think sports teams' color schemes should be elastic. It would be like saying that the flag of France should be blue, white, and red in France but navy blue, white, and navy blue whenever it appears in another country. What are we doing here?

France has actually used two shades of blue for the tricolor for decades. Hasn't stopped people singing La Marseillasie

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Okay, this will look cool. Most teams do a black endzone with black jerseys, so I respect Pittsburgh for bringing these bad boys back from Christmas Eve last year.

Must be because Pitt's season is over.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Okay, this will look cool. Most teams do a black endzone with black jerseys, so I respect Pittsburgh for bringing these bad boys back from Christmas Eve last year.

Sweet, now don’t blow this Pittsburgh. We both want you to win

On 12/4/2023 at 10:16 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

With three home games remaining for the Bears, they're likely to wear their 1936 throwback for one of them and I would say there's a strong possibility of that game being this weekend against the Lions.

We'll know for sure if the stripes change on the helmets for practice this week.

Standard helmets for the Bears in practice today. Would expect traditional navy over white Sunday. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0h8LWmsu2b/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Compare with 2022 when they wore the throwback helmet stripes in practice. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci0QwWzMlir/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

On 12/5/2023 at 1:10 AM, ruttep said:

Just noticed a 49ers uniform inconsistency from Thanksgiving night in Seattle:

There was a clip of Christian McCaffrey getting his helmet fixed that went viral:

But he has the wrong helmet. You can see that on the side of his helmet there's gold trim on the 49ers logo, as well as the primary logo on the front bumper. That's the primary helmet.

As the 49ers were wearing their throwback uniforms, they put throwback decals on the helmet, as can be seen with Brock Purdy's helmet here:

spacer.png

How did this happen?

Considering they are adjusting the helmet, his original was probably broken and that’s a backup helmet that the decals were never changed on

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, smarisca03 said:

Is it just me or does Buffalo change their uniform combo every time they lose  

Actually yes.

Blue jersey combos:

Wk 1 lost in all-blue

Wk 2 won in blue/white

Wk 4 won in blue/white

Wk 5 lost in blue/white

Wk 8 won in all-blue

Wk 10 lost in all-blue

Wk 11 won in blue-white

White jersey combos:

Wk 3 won in all-white

Wk 7 lost in all-white

Wk 9 lost in white/blue

Wk 12 lost in all-white

Wk 14 TBD in white/blue

So following this pattern, blue/white will be worn next week against Dallas, unless they wear Color Rush again. And then the result of this weekend’s game at KC will determine the pant color for their Saturday night Week 16 game at the Chargers.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1