2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

6 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

You know we’re in a wacky uniform era when the Broncos and Seahawks wear white at home

Β 

Wearing white at home really helped the Broncos last week. Good thing they didn't overheat in their orange jerseys, or else they'd have lost by 2 points!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Wearing white at home really helped the Broncos last week. Good thing they didn't overheat in their orange jerseys, or else they'd have lost by 2 points!

While it was a hot day, the Broncos weren’t wearing white because of the heat. They did a 25th Anniversary Celebration for Super Bowl XXXIII, where they wore the white jerseys.Β 

• Like 4
  • WOAH 1

jNTsTyQ.png

51 minutes ago, TalktoChuck said:

While it was a hot day, the Broncos weren’t wearing white because of the heat. They did a 25th Anniversary Celebration for Super Bowl XXXIII, where they wore the white jerseys.Β 

On the contrary, the Jets wearing white at home for a November night game in which the temperature will likely fall to the 30s, is strictly due to heat concerns.Β 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, TalktoChuck said:

Β 

If this is to be believed, Sean Payton had a say and made the decision.Β https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/denver-broncos-vs-washington-commanders-nfl-game-story/73-69fe45b5-3411-4597-864f-950f2c7682db

Β 

Even in defeat, Payton is a coach who tries to think of everything, right down to the uniform colors. The Broncos wore white uniforms instead of their dark orange or blue colors at home Sunday. Why? Because the Broncos were celebrating the 25-year anniversary of their Super Bowl XXXIII team this weekend. In that Big Game, John Elway and the Broncos wore white uniforms while dominating Atlanta for a 34-19 win.

Β 

That would explain why the Broncos wore the white uniform for their home game against the Rams in the preseason.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Β 

Looks like my black prediction for the Cardinals was wrong and it will instead be all-red for the third straight week. This likely means the black jersey appears next home game against the Bengals. That's gonna be a gross one that lacks colors outside of Cincy's helmet.

1. What do β€œHollywood stars” have to do with Glendale, Arizona? Is it because the Cowboys wear stars on their helmets?Β 
Β 

2. It’s weird to see a uniform set so young already on the rag. They grow up so fast.Β 

On 9/20/2023 at 6:32 AM, MCM0313 said:

Aren’t the Seahawks about to wear white home for the first time EVER?

Β 

I said teams who previously wore white jerseys/uniform at home, in their own stadium and not counting a neutral site game such as the Super Bowl. I excluded Seattle because they hadn't done it prior.

Β 

We'll find out if it will be the case in week 3 when they play Carolina. Teams wearing their white tops at home to honor/celebrate a championship might become more of a thing. The Giants did it two years ago against the Rams. And the Rams did this last year when they opened against the Bills.

Β 

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Β 

I said teams who previously wore white jerseys/uniform at home, in their own stadium and not counting a neutral site game such as the Super Bowl. I excluded Seattle because they hadn't done it prior.

Β 

We'll find out if it will be the case in week 3 when they play Carolina. Teams wearing their white tops at home to honor/celebrate a championship might become more of a thing. The Giants did it two years ago against the Rams. And the Rams did this last year when they opened against the Bills.

Β 

Oh, yeah…Legion of Boom was ten years ago, wasn’t it?

11 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

To be fair, the Rams have made it a tradition to go white at home in the home opener (they sorta did it with "bone" in 2020, and then did it with the current white the last three seasons).

24 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Don't read too much into those promo graphics. Many teams just use random combos for those things. The Jets wore black pants for most games last year, so most of the player images they have are in that uniform.

Their promo graphics for weeks 1 and 2 matched the uniforms they would wear, so I figured that's what they were going with. I'm glad it's the all white instead, although it should have the green socks.Β 

• Like 4