2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

Looks like white jerseys, black pants, and black socks for the Jets. So ugly. 

I don't know if pairing green socks with those pants would help that or not...but it'd nice if they quit mixing black pants with their white jerseys. I know, I know, the green swoops are the common theme, but still...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I still don't understand why a blue snowflake represents a white uniform. Either way, I find this to be one of the least interesting uniforms in the league. Blue pants would've clashed nicely with the burgundy and gold of the Commanders.

It would look fine if they still wore the striped socks from when this set was new. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:47 AM, flyersfan said:

The commanders so badly need a stripe on the white pants. It looks like something happened to the ones they planned to wear, so they went catalog shopping to quickly outfit the whole team with something uniform. There’s minimal white in the uniform and it matches nothing that way. 
Acceptable counterpoint: they just need a whole new set (but there’s something to start from there on the burgundy)

Nobody in DC likes the Snyder rebrand. He let his wife design the uniforms, which may explain a lot of this...but personally I think the pants were botched because he had his wife stop by a discount sporting goods store to buy some pants on the way to the rebrand ceremony...and had her buy some plain pants off the clearance rack.😃

8 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

It would look fine if they still wore the striped socks from when this set was new. 

No, please. No white striped socks below white pants. Even blank white socks are better.  

• Hurl 1
  • Dislike 6
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, 1stAndPhoremost said:

https://imgur.com/yp2qK6v

Did the Eagles just accidentally reveal they're wearing kelly green against the Jets on the road on 10/15? They'd already confirmed Week 7 vs MIA and Week 12 vs BUF...which left a 3rd possible date open, but I had just assumed they'd wear the black alts with green helmets

Weird. Against the closest current look in the league to their throwback, color-wise. Unless the Jets also go throwback that day, in which case it’s the closest throwback to the Eagles’ throwback. But let’s be honest - the Jets will almost certainly go white-black-black. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Weird. Against the closest current look in the league to their throwback, color-wise. Unless the Jets also go throwback that day, in which case it’s the closest throwback to the Eagles’ throwback. But let’s be honest - the Jets will almost certainly go white-black-black. 

I agree- if it’s true, debuting such a long-awaited look a week early against a team that has virtually the same color scheme as the one you’re (re)debuting kinda takes some of shine off the occasion…not to mention a road debut

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Seahawks confirmed to be wearing white at home for the first time ever. I thought it was pretty cool that the Seahawks were the only team to never go wah but I guess the person who decides the uniforms doesn’t feel the same way as me

What a dumb combo for a home game. I don't have a problem with white at home, but I really hate white with yoga pants at home. Titans and Rams were guilty of it last week.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 1stAndPhoremost said:

https://imgur.com/yp2qK6v

Did the Eagles just accidentally reveal they're wearing kelly green against the Jets on the road on 10/15? They'd already confirmed Week 7 vs MIA and Week 12 vs BUF...which left a 3rd possible date open, but I had just assumed they'd wear the black alts with green helmets

It says it's a countdown leading into the game. That means it's a party at Lincoln Financial Field themed around the throwbacks which will be worn the following week. They're not wearing it at the Meadowlands.

If anything, I bet the Eagles bust out the throwbacks on Christmas as a "gift" for the fans.

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

It says it's a countdown leading into the game. That means it's a party at Lincoln Financial Field themed around the throwbacks which will be worn the following week. They're not wearing it at the Meadowlands.

I think this is right, it's just a rare poorly-worded announcement by the team.  Technically, "leading into the game when the Eagles will wear their throwbacks" doesn't mean the same as "leading into the game, where the Eagles will wear their throwbacks" don't mean the same thing, but are close enough to cause confusion.  They're usually better at this stuff.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."