2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

Just curious, where does the 49ers uniform rank for you, because it can be argued that the 49ers gold pants are not the same color as the helmet

At least the 49ers use the same gold pants with both uniforms. They also don't use red at home & burgundy on the road, so there's really no comparison to the Cowboys.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

RE: Cowboys

I could live with the royal at home, navy on the road, IF, they:

1. wore the silver pants that go with with the navy uniforms at home and got rid of the gray/silver-blue/seafoam ones and

2. changed the random and pointless black stripes to navy, which I thought was the color for the longest time to begin with and it pissed me off when I found it was black.

The black stripes and weird pants color were supposedly so the silver and blues looked correct on TV 30-40 years ago, well HD and 4k exist now, so you can fix the colors instead of looking stupid.

Just those two changes and you're not really messing with your "iconic" look, just tweaking it to join us in the 21st century.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, ruttep said:

Just curious, where does the 49ers uniform rank for you, because it can be argued that the 49ers gold pants are not the same color as the helmet

spacer.png

Matching colors doesn't mean anything when you're matching 💩 with 💩

17 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

At least the 49ers use the same gold pants with both uniforms. They also don't use red at home & burgundy on the road, so there's really no comparison to the Cowboys.

If the 49ers actually followed the Cowboys' plan...

spacer.png

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • WOAH 1

Buy the way, if you gave me the choice between switching the Cowboys to navy blue and sliver across the board or leaving them with the mismatched color mess they currently are, I'd choose mismatched in a heartbeat.  You wouldn't even need to finish the question.  Navy and silver is so boring and base-level wrong for the Cowboys. The current white uniform template recolored to navy and silver just might be the most nauseatingly bland uniform I could even conceive of.

The Cowboys obviously do need to streamline their colors, but it isn't in the direction of the boring navy/silver...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now that is a beautiful uniform.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

This is disingenuous. The Niners' pants are as close as they can get when accounting for the inevitable differences in materials and lighting.

The Cowboys aren't even trying. They've even given up on any pretense of "silver-blue" and are just trotting out in powder blue pants.

A better comparison would have been the Saints, and while their uniforms still have plenty of issues, even they fixed their helmets at some point to match everything else better.

• Like 9

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 10/5/2023 at 9:43 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I've gone back and forth in my head as to who has the worst current uniforms, top to bottom,  in the NFL... Washington or Tennessee.

Sitting here watching these horrific Commie outfits, and I think seeing Chase Young's giant head with that silly little "W" stuck on his forehead... my goodness.

OK, Washington, you win.  What a nightmare.

Titans aren’t even in the same galaxy of awful as Commies (minus the few games they wear burgundy-burgundy-white-burgundy). Titans in Columbia blue or white jerseys, white pants, and navy socks aren’t awful; they just have those annoying inserts on the sides. Commies in all-white and all-black are just laughably bad. 

EDIT: I realize Tennessee no longer has their regular light blue jerseys available, but that just means they have a throwback that’s amazing. Washington can’t do throwbacks due to…reasons. 

11 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Washington can’t do throwbacks due to…reasons. 

Debatable. Obviously it’s not correct or a true throwback, but the team found a way around it and they’re very capable of applying it to other former uniforms if they wanted.

spacer.png

I still think this uniform should’ve been the base for the new set, but that’s a different discussion.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Debatable. Obviously it’s not correct or a true throwback, but the team found a way around it and they’re very capable of applying it to other former uniforms if they wanted.

spacer.png

I still think this uniform should’ve been the base for the new set, but that’s a different discussion.

They would need a logo and maybe some simple striping, but yeah, something based on this would be miles ahead of what they have now. 

• Like 2

They'd have to use the palette from the 2002 throwbacks rather than the old gold/beige mishmash, but that nice deep burgundy is where it's at.

The Commanders, stupid name, looked absolutely hideous on Thursday night. 

• Like 9

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Buy the way, if you gave me the choice between switching the Cowboys to navy blue and sliver across the board or leaving them with the mismatched color mess they currently are, I'd choose mismatched in a heartbeat.  You wouldn't even need to finish the question.  Navy and silver is so boring and base-level wrong for the Cowboys. The current white uniform template recolored to navy and silver just might be the most nauseatingly bland uniform I could even conceive of.

The Cowboys obviously do need to streamline their colors, but it isn't in the direction of the boring navy/silver...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This also reminds me how much I miss big logos on helmets. The stupid vents on modern day helmets has ruined most helmet decals and now very few teams can enlarge the logo, not only that, decals just look better with no vents and a proper sphere shape. It's so weird.

I'm not saying I hate that we're trying to make safe helmets, I just hate how we can't seem to find some way to bring back the proper shape of a helmet.

bSLCtu2.png

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They should bring back the serifed font like the Colts did too.

But yeah, pretty much exactly that on the modern template and tweak the whites to match and they're perfect.

While I'm mentioning the Colts numbers: does anyone else think they're way too big on both sides of the jersey? I feel like they're constantly getting bunched up and misshapen, way more than other teams.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

When the 5 year mark for Washington hits, I expect a Jacksonville oversimplification to happen to the uniforms and honestly it’s probably not a bad thing. I just hope the team is smart enough to put stripes on the pants.

With matching Burgundies and Golds (preferably the darker shades), something similar to this wouldn’t be bad

spacer.png

spacer.png

However, knowing the team, they’d completely forget gold pants and wear burgundy pants sans stripe exclusively.

• Like 1