2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

47 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That's funny, considering the amount of borderline penalties called against the Eagles that allowed Dallas to drive all the way down the field at the end a few weeks ago - including a roughing the passer, that while technically legit, could easily have been let go and nobody would have complained.

Yesterday, when marching towards the game-tying drive, they were called for two center false starts that were very borderline (and how often does that even get called?) that backed them out of tying range (I don't think the odds were in favor of their kicker making a 59-yard kick on a gross field in pouring rain.)

They were also hit with a very borderline roughing call on Buffalo's drive in OT, that could easily have been let slide.

So no - objectively (and yes, I'm not some immature fan boy that can't view his team objectively), I don't think they've been getting the benefit of the doubt any more than any other typical missed call.  If anything, they've been getting hosed at ends of games (it happened against KC too.)

Questionable roughing the passer calls have gone against every single team in the NFL for the past few years. I don't think that's an example of the refs being against the Eagles.

The Eagles O-Line has been known to go earlier than they should, I'm glad that they're finally getting called for false starts. They got away with it for a year and a half already.

You're right, they're not getting hosed more than other teams, and based on what I've seen, the opposite is true. They're being called for less penalties than they should.

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

This made it on TV?  Is this considered blackface?

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m not justifying this, but it appears the left side of his face could be red. Even then, why not do yellow & red?

This photo further emphasizes the conversation to be desperately had about the Kansas City Football Team.

Several people said it was half black/half red. Still cringy as hell to dress your kid up like that. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

This made it on TV?  Is this considered blackface?

You've gotta believe CBS producers knew exactly what they were doing when they flashed that kid on camera.

A nice reminder certain nicknames/imagery in Kansas City, Atlanta and Chicago are no worse than what was addressed in Washington and Cleveland.

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

How young and hungry or old and desperate do you have to be to take the Panthers job this offseason? Your #1OA quarterback you traded up for is a boy among men, the rest of your roster around him sucks ass, and you have no first-round pick this year to show for it because you also traded that (and your #1 WR) to the Bears, who are somehow possibly an even dumber franchise than yours. This is a job for the guy who gets coffee for the guy who gets coffee for Sean McVay, or, like, Ken Whisenhunt.

I bet Harbaugh picks up that phone if he gets the call, seeing as he called the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry manufactured today.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38992162/jim-harbaugh-michigan-ohio-state-rivalry-hatred-very-manufactured

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

43 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I bet Harbaugh picks up that phone if he gets the call, seeing as he called the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry manufactured today.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38992162/jim-harbaugh-michigan-ohio-state-rivalry-hatred-very-manufactured

I agree with Harbaugh on that one.

IUe6Hvh.png

51 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I’m pretty sure he just stole that take from an opponent’s sideline. 

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

I don't think that's an example of the refs being against the Eagles.

I never said it's an example of refs being against the Eagles.  I'm saying that if they were so much for them, which has been alluded to, those borderline calls wouldn't be called against them.   Especially when penalties (legit, but close enough to go uncalled if there was any pro-Eagle conspiracy) basically advanced Dallas the whole way up the field and all but gave them the game (until they Cowboy'd it away.)  Again - legit calls, but not egregious.  Whenever a team is consistently good, people come up with the "they get all the calls" thing.  In a few cases it's true (let's not forget SBXL happened) and I do believe that some games are intentionally influenced for network and/or gambling purposes.  But the notion that they're being gifted calls is laughable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Sport said:

Tepper is an Owner to Watch. He's a meddler and meddler's can be very fun. They don't know what they're doing, but they think they can alpha boss their way into sports championships the same way they alpha bossed themselves to a fortune with their hedge fund scams and it doesn't work in sports because sports don't let you game the system in the same way. 

Oh yeah, Panthers fans have seen this coming for years. He might as well just skip the middle man and coach the team himself. Heck, why not play QB why he's at it? The athleticism and arm strength would only be a marginal downgrade.

Reich's real crime here was taking jobs he knew he wouldn't have a chance in. He had two of the worst physical talents of all time at QB in the last two years and clearly didn't want either. He should've quit the Colts job the second Irsay decided they were going to go with the ghost of a once average Matt Ryan and should've turned down the Panthers job when Tepper hand-picked the "elite processor" with a noodle arm who turns out to suck at processing too.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

8 hours ago, BBTV said:

It would help him so much if they invested in their line and gave him more of a chance to see the field and make plays.  From the little I've seen, when he does get time, he makes good decisions, has good touch, and can move enough to extend plays just enough to find a guy.  But that doesn't seem to happen consistently.  

Good teams spend top-10 picks on OL/DL.  Looks like they occasionally invest in DL, but they've been neglecting OL.

Better teams invest in the 1st round, but also identify guys later on (Jason Kelce 6th rd, Jordan Mailata - never played american football before - 7th rd.)  Rest of guys 1st or 2nd.

I cannot for the life of me figure of why the braindeadtrusts of these multimillion-and-some-multibillion NFL franchises can't seem to figure this out...especially since OL  are the guys chiefly responsible for protecting the hundred-soemthing-million-dollar investments called quarterbacks they keep putting out on the field. I mean, the Bills seemed to have figured it out two or three seasons ago, but aside from them and since then? I honestly cannot remember the last time a team put a first-round investment into an O-lineman, and I can't remember at all the last time a team drafted multiple OLs in the same draft (if one ever even has). But then, what do I know? I don't play in the Billionaire Boys Club...yet.

5 hours ago, Sport said:

He should've stayed a minority owner with the Steelers. The Panthers will never get these calls. 

F_4rBdfWAAAc5Su?format=jpg&name=large

They threw a flag on this touchdown for holding and then after some deliberation determined that it was time for the league-mandated, conveniently timed, exceptionally bad call the Steelers are gifted every week and picked it up. They threw a holding flag on the Bengals offense a couple plays later on a hold that was 1/4th as bad as the one pictured here so the Bengals got :censored:ed coming and going. My Steelers friend finally admitted the Steelers get a lot of help from the officials so if any steelers fans want to argue this you can talk to him. 

Just quoting this to reemphasize the truth.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

He's not wrong. It was always a rivalry, but all the "this is the only game that matters" bull:censored: is a fairly recent development. If it has always been this way then someone needs to explain to me why John Cooper was allowed to coach the Buckeyes for 13 years while going 2-10-1 against Michigan.

BB52Big.jpg

It was supremely annoying when certain fans were adamant that the Big Ten could never have a conference championship game. The reason? The Game. If you had a conference championship game, the season wouldn't end with...The Game. Nothing can possibly hope to come after The Game. Why don't you Big Chill out, dorks.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

32 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It was supremely annoying when certain fans were adamant that the Big Ten could never have a conference championship game. The reason? The Game. If you had a conference championship game, the season wouldn't end with...The Game. Nothing can possibly hope to come after The Game. Why don't you Big Chill out, dorks.

With the expanded playoff next season, The Game  will be all but meaningless.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

36 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

With the expanded playoff next season, The Game  will be all but meaningless.

It's different in the PAC 12 because of where Wazzou and UW normally finish and their national profile, but I'm glad they've extended the Apple Cup a few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

*checks topic*

Why are we discussing ThE gAmE in here?

Because we're talking about Jim Harbaugh's comments on it, which came when someone suggested Harbaugh could be the new coach of the Panthers next year, where there is now an opening because they fired Frank Reich. Try to keep up.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Bills are 6-6 with a +100 point differential. That speaks to impossibly bad luck and impossibly bad coaching.

Harbaugh will replace McDermott.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Bills are 6-6 with a +100 point differential. That speaks to impossibly bad luck and impossibly bad coaching.

I can’t believe McDermott kneeled on the ball going into OT, considering the way they were shredding the eagles D. It wasn’t much time, but he had TOs, and just need d to get to FG range which would have been two or three quick sideline passes. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't know if he'd take the job with the amount of work that defense needs. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, Sport said:

He should've stayed a minority owner with the Steelers. The Panthers will never get these calls. 

F_4rBdfWAAAc5Su?format=jpg&name=large

They threw a flag on this touchdown for holding and then after some deliberation determined that it was time for the league-mandated, conveniently timed, exceptionally bad call the Steelers are gifted every week and picked it up. They threw a holding flag on the Bengals offense a couple plays later on a hold that was 1/4th as bad as the one pictured here so the Bengals got :censored:ed coming and going. My Steelers friend finally admitted the Steelers get a lot of help from the officials so if any steelers fans want to argue this you can talk to him. 

I often (semi-jokingly) think to myself that the officials calling a game involving the Steelers have Terrible Towels in their pockets instead of the standard yellow flags.

Maybe it’s low-hanging fruit, maybe it’s not, but I can’t help but wonder if a sports columnist cartoon has addressed said issue.