2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

So much BS at the end of that game, I totally forgot about the clock stoppage when MVS's fwd progress was stopped/he going backwards out of bounds! 🙄

And yet, this misses what may have been the worst officiating blunder. There's a difference between judgement calls, and not officiating according to the rulebook.

Following the stoppage for review that determined that the runner was down by contact, their should have been (1) a 10 second runoff, and (2) the clock should have started when the ball was made ready for play. Getting game operations like this wrong is a bigger problem than making a crappy call on a judgement call (both ways).

Reasonable minds can disagree on whether something was or wasn't a penalty (not sure where the reasonable minds above), but if you can't properly follow operational rules, what the hell?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

And yet, this misses what may have been the worst officiating blunder. There's a difference between judgement calls, and not officiating according to the rulebook.

Following the stoppage for review that determined that the runner was down by contact, their should have been (1) a 10 second runoff, and (2) the clock should have started when the ball was made ready for play. Getting game operations like this wrong is a bigger problem than making a crappy call on a judgement call (both ways).

Reasonable minds can disagree on whether something was or wasn't a penalty (not sure where the reasonable minds above), but if you can't properly follow operational rules, what the hell?

My mind is a little foggy, but that was at the end of the game when the Chiefs were driving? I remember thinking the officials basically gave them a free timeout for no reason.

• Like 1

Wellp, now you can make that two north Florida football teams—both my teams, coincidentally—knocked out the playoffs due to the #1 quarterback sustaining an injury... 🤦🏿🤦🏿

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Wellp, now you can make that two north Florida football teams—both my teams, coincidentally—knocked out the playoffs due to the #1 quarterback sustaining an injury... 🤦🏿🤦🏿

Sounds like Lawrence might just be week-to-week with a sprain. bullet dodged for the Jags.

It's a good thing the Jags aren't a college team, or else they'd have been written out of the playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

Sounds like Lawrence might just be week-to-week with a sprain. bullet dodged for the Jags.

It's a good thing the Jags aren't a college team, or else they'd have been written out of the playoffs.

It's a good thing my aunt doesn't have balls, or else she'd be my uncle.  It's apples and cinder blocks.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, Cosmic said:

My mind is a little foggy, but that was at the end of the game when the Chiefs were driving? I remember thinking the officials basically gave them a free timeout for no reason.

This unlocked a repressed memory of when the officials gave the Chiefs a do-over on third down late in the AFC Championship game after the Bengals stopped them and then flagged the Bengals on some cheesy ass bulls*** on the do-over third down. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-official-explains-apparent-extra-down-for-chiefs-in-afc-championship-win-over-bengals-061923429.html

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Sport said:

This unlocked a repressed memory of when the officials gave the Chiefs a do-over on third down late in the AFC Championship game after the Bengals stopped them and then flagged the Bengals on some cheesy ass bulls*** on the do-over third down. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-official-explains-apparent-extra-down-for-chiefs-in-afc-championship-win-over-bengals-061923429.html

Reffing has been bad forever, but I feel like the quality of everything took a nosedive in the COVID years.

Our expectations of professionalism are down across the board everywhere, and it doesn't seem to matter that much.

(I am now a boomer)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Reffing has been bad forever, but I feel like the quality of everything took a nosedive in the COVID years.

Our expectations of professionalism are down across the board everywhere, and it doesn't seem to matter that much.

(I am now a boomer)

I thought it was just me or maybe an Ohio thing. Guess not.

You're 100% correct, by the way.

(I was born on the cusp of Gen X and Boomers. I don't know what I am. 😎)

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Is there nothing in between?  I'm firmly Gen X, but always considered "boomer" to be people born in the years after the war, with Gen X being mid/late 70s - early/mid 80s.  There's gotta be something else for 60s/early 70s, right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

This reminds me of the 2021 divisional round when the officials blew a play dead, Burrow threw a TD after the whistle, and the refs counted it for some reason

Oh stop. This is the lamest controversial call ever. First of all, he didn't throw it "after the whistle". He threw it, he wasn't out of bounds, and the whistle doesn't blow until the ball is at Boyd's hands so no Raider defender was actually affected. And if they had called it dead it would've unfairly wiped out a real TD by the Bengals. They made the right decision there.

Play the video, close your eyes, and hit space bar to pause it when you hear the whistle. The whistle begins to sound (incorrectly) when the ball is here.

spacer.png

Had zero impact on the play. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

54 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Is there nothing in between?  I'm firmly Gen X, but always considered "boomer" to be people born in the years after the war, with Gen X being mid/late 70s - early/mid 80s.  There's gotta be something else for 60s/early 70s, right?

Welcome to my existential crisis. 😎

• LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Is there nothing in between? 

Gen X, according to five seconds of Google, was ‘65-‘80. Boomers were ‘46-‘64 and Millennials were ‘81-‘96.

There need to be sub-generations, because there’s a lot of separation between people born in the first and second halves of each of those generations. Like, I’m firmly a Millennial (born 1993), but I didn’t experience things like Nirvana being an active band or the Eagles using kelly green. I believe what I am is a “Zillennial,” not unlike the “Generation Jones” that marked the ‘60s born boomers and Gen X.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

Gen X, according to five seconds of Google, was ‘65-‘80. Boomers were ‘46-‘64 and Millennials were ‘81-‘96.

There need to be sub-generations, because there’s a lot of separation between people born in the first and second halves of each of those generations. Like, I’m firmly a Millennial (born 1993), but I didn’t experience things like Nirvana being an active band or the Eagles using kelly green. I believe what I am is a “Zillennial,” not unlike the “Generation Jones” that marked the ‘60s born boomers and Gen X.

I can live with "Generation Jones." Solid band name too.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, ManillaToad said:

This reminds me of the 2021 Super Bowl when the officials let Tee Higgins tackle the CB by the facemask before he caught a TD pass

Quote me next time. 

The Bengals got away with that one, but the cheap flag the refs gifted the Rams late in the game that made a 4th and 8 into first and goal from the 1 more than made up for it. They didn't win the game. 

What else you got? 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Obama's generation. People thank you both earnestly and ironically.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1990 myself so I'm one of those borderline (thank God not the pd kind) cases too. I also don't remember the Eagles wearing kelly green and my first experience with the Hartford Whalers was playing that N64 Wayne Gretzky hockey game and thinking they had the coolest jerseys ever. In 2000. But as to being a Zillennial? Yeah, I can dig that. I'm in between thinking I'm God's gift to humanity as well as having all the answers in the world and that I should take up sudoku because I care far more about things I can't control versus the things I can which arouses near uncontrollable anxiety the second sunlight touches my face. 

That aside, here are the TV Maps for next Sunday. Again, all credit goes to 506sports. Go support them. Subject to change when/if they do. 

spacer.png

CBS 1:00 PM EST/12:00 PM CST

Red: Jaguars at Browns

Blue: Texans at Jets

Green: Buccaneers at Falcons. Welcome to the Brawndo King of the Trash Hill Bowl!

Yellow: Colts at Bengals. Show of hands, did anyone expect the Colts to be the one with the better record? 

spacer.png

CBS 4:00 PM EST/3:00 PM CST

Red: Bills at Chiefs. This game looked a lot better when the schedule came out, ngl. 

Blue: Broncos at Chargers. 

spacer.png

FOX 1:00 PM EST/12:00 PM CST

Blue: Rams at Ravens

Green: Lions at Bears

Yellow: Panthers at Saints. Absolutely disgusting. 

FOX 4:00 PM EST/3:00 PM CST

Red: Seahawks at 49ers

Orange: Vikings at Raiders

Edited by Red Comet

4 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Here are the TV Maps for next Sunday. Again, all credit goes to 506sports. Go support them. Subject to change when/if they do. 

spacer.png

CBS 1:00 PM EST/12:00 PM CST

Red: Jaguars at Browns

Blue: Texans at Jets

Green: Buccaneers at Falcons. Welcome to the Brawndo King of the Trash Hill Bowl!

Yellow: Colts at Bengals. Show of hands, did anyone expect the Colts to be the one with the better record? 

Granted, I've never had a reason to pay attention to TV charts, but it has been interesting watching these maps in this thread the past couple weeks, just to see how much of the map gets swathed in either red or blue. That said, two things:

1.) I honestly cannot ever remember a time since their inception that the Jacksonville daggone Jaguars have been top billing in a given week. And against the Browns, at that?? What are they expecting, another Bottlegate to break out or something??? What the whole what the what????

2.) Excepting the two LA and the two NJ NY teams, that Indy vs Cincinnati game might be the shortest road trip between teams in the league. In fact I'm pretty well confident it is since there's barely about 100 miles between Indy and Cincy. (Well, 112 if you count from downtown to downtown, but still...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||