2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

2 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

100% serious question:

Does there exist a fan of an NFL team that likes their team's playcalling?

I don't think I've ever heard it be complemented in my entire life. If everyone's "bad" at it, is anyone bad at it?

I mean, I know I'm a certified football genius. It's just that my company really needs more middle management and I can't leave them hanging. Otherwise I'd for sure be an amazing offensive mastermind in the NFL.

I just have a higher purpose.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

100% serious question:

I don't think I've ever heard it be complemented in my entire life. If everyone's "bad" at it, is anyone bad at it?

It's the football version of hockey's "coach messes with the lines too much"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

33 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If you run right at this Dallas defense they just kinda crumble.  

Seems to me that even if you don’t have an especially good run game, you should still just plow right at them.  Even the Cardinals did it.  

You nailed it right on the head. This is exactly why I don’t trust the Cowboys in the playoffs (also why I’m okay with Dan Quinn leaving this offseason). It’s been a consistent issue for the last 3 seasons. 

Cowboys D is built to be great in a very specific way and if it goes off script for them, they cannot stop anything. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 hours ago, Discrim said:

Bears-Browns...what.  was.  That.

I know Cairo Santos doesn't have the strongest leg, but there was no reason to go for a hail Mary there.🙄🤦

If he doesn't think he can hit it from there, you have to. And they almost pulled it off.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

“You never know. He’s on the bench, all by himself, and he looks like he’s ready to hang himself and they’re winning.”

- My dad on Joe Flacco

Before the last 3 minutes that's what my face looked like.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

59 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

100% serious question:

Eagles fans loved Shane Steichen, mostly because they were something like 2-5 in 2021 with Siriani calling plays, then as soon as he handed off the duties to Steichen, they ended up becoming dramatically better and made the playoffs, then the Super Bowl, and now here we are.  I honestly can't remember any fans questioning the Eagles playcalling when he was calling the shots, with the exception of the feeling that he was putting Hurts in harms way too much (which did result in an injury last year).

He was lauded by fans that first season, with some calling for him to replace Siriani if that's what it took to keep him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pathetic from the Cowboys today. Perfectly encapsulates why they’re not going to win a Super Bowl. Play a good team on the road (which is what they’re going to have to do in the postseason) and just completely fall apart. That is their M.O.

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If he doesn't think he can hit it from there, you have to. And they almost pulled it off.

As some might miss the context, I was talking about the Bears' first half ending hail Mary.  The second half one, my only issue with it was that they screwed up enough that they even needed to try a second hail mary at all...but that was a situation where that was the only real option they had.  4th quarter, down 3, no timeouts left, and out of field goal range.

End of the 1st half, tied at 7, and you just got in your kicker's range?  Not hail Mary time, normally.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

15 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Play a good team on the road (which is what they’re going to have to do in the postseason)

They could still get a couple of home games.  By my math, if the Eagles lose tomorrow night (and now they may not even have Hurts), it'd be a conference loss, which would even them in the first two tiebreakers.  Not sure what comes after that, but I doubt that the Eagles would still control their own destiny like they can today.

TL;DR - at least they're getting beat by an AFC team.  Interconference losses don't hurt as much as conference ones.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

They could still get a couple of home games.  By my math, if the Eagles lose tomorrow night (and now they may not even have Hurts), it'd be a conference loss, which would even them in the first two tiebreakers.  Not sure what comes after that, but I doubt that the Eagles would still control their own destiny like they can today.

TL;DR - at least they're getting beat by an AFC team.  Interconference losses don't hurt as much as conference ones.

But Buffalo was a common opponent with the Eagles and that is the 3rd tiebreaker (after head to head, and divisional record). Conference record is the 4th tiebreaker now.

Philly can lose tomorrow night but still beat the Giants twice, plus Arizona and they’d be the NFC East champion regardless of how Dallas finishes the year. 

Dallas needs to win out, and have Philly lose at least one game to New York to have any hope to win the division. 

The Eagles still control their destiny even with a loss tomorrow. 

• Like 2

That's good to know.  I suppose for a division title that makes sense.  For a conference wildcard berth I think conference record should trump everything besides h2h.

It's kinda silly that with this 17 game schedule, your division games make up less than 1/3 of your games.  There should be some system that makes them count more, like points.  For division titles, division games count for 3 points, and non-conference games 2.  For wild card, it should be conference games count as 3, while interconference games only 2.

It's downright silly that a team can go 11-6, with all 6 being division losses, and win the division.  In what universe does that make sense?