2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

I really think this loss broke me as a Cowboys fan. I just can’t get myself to care whether or not our coaching staff gets fired and who we may or may not replace them with. Or any other offseason decision now. 

If they couldn’t reach a NFC title game this year with everything lined up for them, then when will they ever do it? 

I’m definitely not watching sports for a long while after this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I really think this loss broke me as a Cowboys fan. I just can’t get myself to care whether or not our coaching staff gets fired and who we may or may not replace them with. Or any other offseason decision now. 

If they couldn’t reach a NFC title game this year with everything lined up for them, then when will they ever do it? 

I’m definitely not watching sports for a long while after this. 

Jerry Jones no longer being owner would be nice but that'll never happen in a billion years. His dopey son inherits it all. 

3 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

This Utah State alum is happy for Jordan Love. That said, I’m bummed that we won’t be getting a Browns/Cowboys Blunder Bowl, at least this year.

You could live to be 237 and you're not going to see a Browns - Cowboys Super Bowl.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

20 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Im just curious… you’ve said this a few times this season.   I’m not looking for a fight but what makes you keep saying this?  How were things lined up for the Cowboys more than any other playoff team?  They had some impressive games (mostly against weaker teams at home) and also struggled a bit.  Kind of normal better than average NFL team stuff.  What did you think was lining up?

1 hour ago, FiddySicks said:

Packers are like the (MLB) Cardinals now. You can’t deny that they’re a very well run organization. But you also can see why some people hate them and find their fans to be fart sniffers. 

But you still take them every single time vs :censored:in Dallas. 

Somewhere in the archives of this here site, I made the point that us Packer fans are the closest thing in the NFL to the BFIB.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

You damned fool. Can’t believe I drank the Cowboys kool-aid again. 

This team will never win anything ever again while Jerry is the owner. Can’t even reach a NFC title game. He clearly made a deal with the devil to win those early Super Bowls but the last 30 years and counting have been the payment for it. 

GM, you mean. He'll never fire himself, and he's the problem at GM.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

The fact that the Packers made it to the Divisional rounds is an accomplishment itself because everyone outside of Green Bay thought that the Packers were in a transition year after trading Rodgers to the Jets.

Most people INSIDE Green Bay thought it was a transitional year.

It's where I sit.

This game is wild - you blink and you miss a score.  Great day of football.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

45 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Im just curious… you’ve said this a few times this season.   I’m not looking for a fight but what makes you keep saying this?  How were things lined up for the Cowboys more than any other playoff team?  They had some impressive games (mostly against weaker teams at home) and also struggled a bit.  Kind of normal better than average NFL team stuff.  What did you think was lining up?

Weaker NFC than normal, San Francisco would have been avoided until the NFC title game at least, had arguably the best or second best QB in the conference and the fact they were able to play at home (where they had been a dominant 16-0) until that game against either the two 9-8 teams or one of the two they had already beaten in Dallas (Philly and Detroit).

Dallas on paper looked like the clear 2nd best team so that had me drinking the kool aid and ignoring the obvious red flags this team had.

No more though. I won’t believe this team can make a NFC Championship Game, let alone a Super Bowl, until I actually see it happen. 

2 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

play at home (where they had been a dominant 16-0)

Dallas on paper looked like the clear 2nd best team 

Are either of those true though?  They got beat at home in all but score by Detroit, and would likely have been hosting them again next week.  The Lions invalidated both of those statements.  It's certainly possible they'd've made the NFCCG, but by no means was it as close of a foregone conclusion as you're making it sound.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Are either of those true though?  They got beat at home in all but score by Detroit, and would likely have been hosting them again next week.  The Lions invalidated both of those statements.  It's certainly possible they'd've made the NFCCG, but by no means was it as close of a foregone conclusion as you're making it sound.

I’d say so, but that was also the consensus from analysts too so I wasn’t alone in thinking that.

I wasn’t trying to make it sound like a foregone conclusion but rather that the opportunity was there for the Cowboys, probably the best opportunity than they’ve had since 2007 and they failed miserably. 

Read between the lines of this statement from the county executive: "Driving ban lifted mostly everywhere, but the highways are impassable and make sure you take these specific roads please shovel out the stadium go Bills!"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Read between the lines of this statement from the county executive: "Driving ban lifted mostly everywhere, but the highways are impassable and make sure you take these specific roads please shovel out the stadium go Bills!"

Dear Cosmic,

It's all a psyop, dude!!!

All the best,

Shannon

😎

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg