2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Fortunately it's a holiday for many people, but probably it'll be more difficult for some fans and game-day staff to attend/work.  Better than the alternative, but it could be a weird atmosphere for a playoff game.

I also hate the very notion of Monday playoff games simply due to the competitive disadvantage it puts the winning team in, but that ship has sailed (and in a case like this, I don't know of an alternative.)

Glad I work from home. I've never had MLK Day off.

Teams have to have 6 days off between playoff games.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

7 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Teams have to have 6 days off between playoff games.

But their opponent will have one or maybe two more.  It's one thing in the regular season, but playoffs should be as equal as possible (teams with bye not withstanding.)

Also, I never thought about it, but does the league only schedule 4-5 seed game on Monday night?  A quick search seems to indicate yes, and someone on X (formerly known as Twitter) says it (while also going through the scheduling fallout from moving the game - apparently a 2-7 move causes the absolute most chaos).  I suppose it makes sense since all the other matchups would be set and the team hosting the 4-5 winner would know.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, Communist_Whore said:

That's where you're wrong.

I hate you with every fiber of my being. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I don't like Monday playoff games since it screws with the Divisional Round schedule a week later. Traditionally, the one seeds play on Saturday to give them an extra day of rest if they make the conference championship. But obviously they can't have a team play on a Monday and then on a Saturday, so if the Cowboys and Lions both win, the winner of Eagles/Bucs will play the Niners on Sunday instead of Saturday. Same thing if the Steelers win and force the Ravens to play on Sunday.

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Also, I never thought about it, but does the league only schedule 4-5 seed game on Monday night?

Specifically only the NFC 4-5 game for some reason. 

2021 Rams/Cardinals

2022 Bucs/Cowboys

2023 Bucs/Eagles

18 minutes ago, BBTV said:

But their opponent will have one or maybe two more.  It's one thing in the regular season, but playoffs should be as equal as possible (teams with bye not withstanding.)

Ever since playoffs have been held on both Saturday and Sunday, this has happened.  You're reaching here.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

50 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Hey, Buffalonians are a different breed, man...

....That's what I love about them. 🤣🤣

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I think Communist_Whore is going to be my new forum name.

19 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Communist_Whore/the artist formerly known as Admiral knows how to strike when the iron is hot.

3 minutes ago, BottomlessPitt said:

It was fun while it lasted. 

We had our fun, but now it's time to head to a neutral corner.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

Want to know what's not talked about? How the concrete hell made games look so much better with the carpet looking artifical turf. So nice, so crisp, so dangerous and deadly in freezing temps.

I hate the time change, but it's needed, and I'm glad i'm off Monday.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske